PDA

View Full Version : Find Steed Questions

Pothos
2019-08-30, 03:05 PM
I will be a level 5 Paladin soon and have a couple questions that were hard to find when it comes to Find Steed.

1. How much weight can it hold and how much equipment can I put on it? I assume it depends on the bags?

2. If I put gear on my horse in a dungeon and dismiss it - will be gear be on the horse when I recast the spell back in the city for example?

3. Can I choose a different mount if I unlearn and relearn the spell?

I can figure everything else out pretty easy on the internet - but is there anything else cool or utility wise outside of combat traps bait etc. That I should know about? Thanks everyone!!!

JackPhoenix
2019-08-30, 03:16 PM
1: Depends on what creature you summon. It gets the same strength.
2: Unclear. Ask your GM
3: No. That is, you don't need to "unlearn and relearn" the spell. You can pick different form every time you cast it.

MagneticKitty
2019-08-30, 04:26 PM
Carry capacity should be strength score (not modifier) × 15 x 2 (if a large creature)
If I remember right.
But I guess it depends on what encumberance rules you are using.

And personally I'd rule no on the item storage. It's a ride, not a bag of holding

lperkins2
2019-08-30, 04:32 PM
On question 3, either it should leave the gear behind when it pops, or it should have the gear when resummoned. I lean towards the 'it gets to keep its gear', since otherwise, providing barding for it would be a bit of a pain, but I'd not like to see it abused as a portable BoH.

Pothos
2019-08-30, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys! That all makes perfect sense!

Chronos
2019-08-31, 06:41 AM
It's always the same creature each time you summon it. It remembers its previous instances, it has the same name, and it's the same fundamental creature type (celestial, fey, or fiend). But you can change its form every time. So you could summon Bob the Celestial Horse one day, and then Bob the Celestial Riding Dog the next, but once you've done so, you can't summon Frank the Fey Horse.