JNAProductions
2019-08-31, 12:49 PM
Healing Spirit
Second Level Conjuration

Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action
Range: 60'
Components: Verbal, Somatic
Duration: Concentration, up to one minute

You call forth a nature spirit to soothe the wounded. The intangible spirit appears in a space that is a 5-foot cube you can see within range. The spirit looks like a transparent beast or fey (your choice). The spirit immediately heals a creature who's space it was summoned in for 1d6+your spellcasting modifier HP. From then on, any time a creature starts their turn in the spirit's space and does not move from that spot for their turn can be healed for the same amount. Alternatively, the creature may use their action to beseech the spirit, being able to be healed for the same amount. Finally, as a bonus action, the caster may move the spirit up to 30', healing any one creature who's space it passes through with the bonus action.

No creature can receive this healing more than once per turn, and no creature gains healing without the caster allowing it.

At Higher Levels
When cast from a slot of 4th level or higher, the healing increases by 1d6 for every two slot levels above 2nd.

When cast from a 5th level or higher slot, it only requires a bonus action to receive healing from the spirit. When cast from an 8th level slot or higher, it requires no action, only being in the spirit's space.

Morollan
2019-09-06, 04:27 AM
I was thinking about this recently and thought it might be nice to basically have it as a healing version of Spiritual Weapon

Healing Spirit
Conjuration
Level: 2
Casting time: 1 Bonus Action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 minute

You call forth a nature spirit to soothe the wounded. The intangible spirit appears in a space that is a 5-foot cube you can see within range. The spirit looks like a transparent beast or fey (your choice). Until the spell ends, whenever the spirits ends its turn in a creature's space, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature (no action required). The spirit can’t heal constructs or undead. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the Spirit up to 30 feet to a space you can see.

At higher level
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the healing increases 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.

MagneticKitty
2019-09-06, 11:43 AM
Jna... I'm kinda overwhelmed just reading it... more wordy than the original. It does prevent Congo line healing though. So that's good..

I usually just slap: "the spirit may only trigger once per round" on it and call it a day.

This let's it be powerful in and out of combat without people trying to Congo line through it (which is the main problem)

Another idea I like is have it be like a healing hunters mark. You mark a creature and they heal on the start of their turn. And you can move it to a target with bonus action

JNAProductions
2019-09-06, 11:51 AM
Jna... I'm kinda overwhelmed just reading it... more wordy than the original. It does prevent Congo line healing though. So that's good..

I usually just slap: "the spirit may only trigger once per round" on it and call it a day.

This let's it be powerful in and out of combat without people trying to Congo line through it (which is the main problem)

Another idea I like is have it be like a healing hunters mark. You mark a creature and they heal on the start of their turn. And you can move it to a target with bonus action

Well, as written now, it does allow healing twice per round-once on your turn, once on the caster's turn. That is intended.

But, it does prevent the conga-line shenanigans.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-09-06, 02:42 PM
Couldn't you still heal the entire party with one casting by having them stand in a circle and each use their action to call the spirit?

JNAProductions
2019-09-06, 03:58 PM
Couldn't you still heal the entire party with one casting by having them stand in a circle and each use their action to call the spirit?

Yes. That’s intended-it’s definitely better than Prayer of Healing due to that, but PoH isn’t that good.