View Full Version : Building Nezuko from "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba"

Laevatein
2019-08-31, 04:13 PM
What would be the best way to recreate Nezuko from the manga/anime "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" in D&D? She's slowly turning into a demon, and fights unarmed, but apparently depends more on raw speed and power than skill. Given that, and how she behaves when fighting, I'm thinking the best approximation would be a Tiefling Barbarian/Monk, which stat-wise... isn't a great build (Cha and Int are the two stats a Barbarian/Monk DOESN'T need). Any thoughts?

Comaward
2019-08-31, 05:46 PM
Tiefling Barbarian/Monk sounds about as close as you are going to get.

Personally, I would use Lizardfolk for the racial stats, but that’s just me.

AgenderArcee
2019-08-31, 09:56 PM
Do the feral tiefling variant from the SCAG! +2 Dex instead of Cha.

EndlessKng
2019-08-31, 10:59 PM
Variants can be helpful, but remember that reskinning is always an option. As she has a human origin, human, variant human, or dragonmarked human could potentially be options instead. Looking up her online, she seems to be a bit childlike in size and appearance, so a Stout Halfling could also be an option (albeit possibly not the best due to small size).

Overall, though, it does sound like the Barbarian/Monk works best for what you describe.

Laevatein
2019-09-07, 04:28 PM
Just had another thought... the creatures called "demons" in the English version are oni, which can actually translate to either "demon" or "ogre", so race-wise maybe she could be a reskinned half-orc instead? (Unless there's a half-ogre race in UA or somewhere)