PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Vampires in Ravnica?

Citadel97501
2019-08-31, 08:24 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for playing one of the two subspecies of playable vampire races in the 5e books? Currently I know there are playable vampire races in the Plane Shift: Zendikar & Plane Shift: Ixalan books. I am thinking of playing a a member of the Dimir clan due to the Moroi vampires from the fluff but I was hoping some suggestions from you all?

I know I am interested in playing a caster class, and am going to avoid the ridiculous armor class of 20. I have been aggravating my DM with lately, 20 AC has just been excessive, and he is rightly getting irritated with how often he has trouble hitting the party.

furby076
2019-08-31, 09:42 PM
20 ac is excessive? what level? my paladin had 22 ac (not the entire party, just him) so he was harder to hit, but not excessively harder. If he got surrounded by 3 orc barbrians, each with 2 attacks...well, 6 attacks and some will hit and take him down. Then there is spell casting. Then the DM can give some boosts to his NPCs (increase their reward worth too).

Citadel97501
2019-08-31, 09:45 PM
The issue is that out of 3 players, 2 of us had AC 20 at level 5, and the other guy only had a 14. So if the DM used things that could hit us, they kersplat the other guy.

Daithi
2019-08-31, 10:48 PM
I have friend that played a "vampire". She was actually a feral/variant tiefling as described in the Sword Coast Adventure Guide. Technically she was a tiefling, but most respects she played a vampire. Appearance wise she had milk white skin, fangs, no shadow, and cast no reflection. She was an Enchantress and the spells she took were the "vampire" spells --- gaseous form, polymorph, vampiric touch, fear, charm, etc.