PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 5e Need to choose a Rare magical item for a Glamour Bard

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-09-01, 01:54 PM
Hello guys :)

I am playing a Rakdos Cultist Glamour Bard in a Ravnica.

I got an uncommon and a rare item.
My Uncommon is Hat of Disguise.

My Rare I don't know what to choose.

I can't take Instrument of the Bards, I can't take a +x item.
I need no weapon.

I am making Ring of Spell Storing as my fall back. I will like something cool.

I do no damage, only Battlefield Control.

Crgaston
2019-09-01, 02:14 PM

I need no weapon.

Ring of Free Action cold come in handy.
Rope of Entanglement if you want to focus on BFC.
Cloak of Displacement is a great boost to defense.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-09-01, 04:07 PM
Ring of Free Action cold come in handy.
Rope of Entanglement if you want to focus on BFC.
Cloak of Displacement is a great boost to defense.

A ring of free action looks good, I am trying to look for stuff that open new options.

The rope can be easily destroyed.

I was looking at the mental of spell resistances and instant fortress but I don't know what to choose. Staff of charming is also nice, you can never have enough charms and Master’s Amulet also look nice.

Fable Wright
2019-09-01, 05:06 PM
Instant Fortress adds new options. It can be a reusable 10d10 blast spell, a reusable battlefield control item, a fortress to sleep in every night, or an emergency ladder to get up to a 30' high window. It's the most versatile non-Attunement item in the DMG short of Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments, and I'd heartily recommend it.

moonfly7
2019-09-01, 05:47 PM

I need no weapon.

Just wondering why can't you choose instrument of the bard?

Instant Fortress adds new options. It can be a reusable 10d10 blast spell, a reusable battlefield control item, a fortress to sleep in every night, or an emergency ladder to get up to a 30' high window. It's the most versatile non-Attunement item in the DMG short of Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments, and I'd heartily recommend it.
Either this or dancing sword. I know you said you don't need a weapon, but it floats around and stabs fools FOR you. So it's pretty nice. But I totally agree with instant fortress, it has to be one of my more favorite items.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-09-01, 11:25 PM
That is why it is hard for me to choose.

Just wondering why can't you choose instrument of the bard?

Either this or dancing sword. I know you said you don't need a weapon, but it floats around and stabs fools FOR you. So it's pretty nice. But I totally agree with instant fortress, it has to be one of my more favorite items.

I can't take the instrument of bard because the DM said so, this is for him something you get from a quest, not as a starting item(I am joining a new group.

And I have an Oger sugar daddy as my weapon(The other players have like 8 magic items each). The DM said I get him as my pet(A glamour bard is a controller) and sleeping friend(If you get what I mean) and I will stop here for age restriction, it is stronger than a dancing sword.

So I think that last fight is between the fortress and the Master's Amulet.

I will talk with the DM, maybe he don't want me to have a CR 7 protector. Which is also very versatile with his spell storing and being a strong work force.

Btw, I rolled great stats.
I have 10 str 18 dex, 15 con, 11 int, 14 wis, 19 cha.
I am at level 8 and have Inspiring leader and Drow high magic as feats.

Edit:

Do you guys have a recommendation for a rare item for his Ogre sugar daddy? Maybe it will also be good to have.
A Flame tunge may be nice or a cloak of displacement.

Kane0
2019-09-02, 12:11 AM
Something picked at random... Ring of X-Ray Vision

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-09-02, 12:33 AM
Something picked at random... Ring of X-Ray Vision

I am afraid of con saves, I have an Ogre sugar daddy(It is great to play in a group that don't have a red line for sexual stuff for ones), not a Paladin (Sleeping with a Paladin is great for saves).

Kane0
2019-09-02, 12:38 AM
That's only after the first use. Are you looking for the strongest/best magic item, or just something useful and interesting? Because you cannot convince me that X-Ray vision won't be interesting.

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-09-02, 01:11 AM
That's only after the first use. Are you looking for the strongest/best magic item, or just something useful and interesting? Because you cannot convince me that X-Ray vision won't be interesting.

It will be interesting, but I view a ones per day item is inferior and I don't see myself using it more then one time ever.
I am looking for stuff that will give me more cool options.

The fortress and the Master's Amulet are cool tools, one is a fortress and the second is a powerful servant that can let me break the concentration cap of 1 which open cool options. Both will let me give the other players a protected place when I go in night to preform and cause chaos as the Rakdos cultist I am. I am an elf so I am building of the fact they don't remember I only need 4 hours of sleep so after my 2 hours of standing watch I will have a free 2 hours. I will just tell them I am going to train in playing my tools and don't want to attract enemies to them so I go far away.

They are a murderhobo/nice guys characters(I know it is weird but it will be fun to play a game like this, I never played a murderhobo and now I play something that lay everything and cause chaos under the radar.).