PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Facilier's Shadow

Nagog
2019-09-02, 08:52 AM
Hey ya'll! I'm looking to create a character with similar vibes to Dr. Facilier from Disney's Princess and the Frog, and while most of the character seems pretty straightforward (Magical buffer/debuffer, perhaps Cleric or Support Warlock), the only issue thus far is finding a proper representation for his sentient Shadow. I've looked at invisible imps and necromantic summons, and even took a gander at the UA Hexblade's shadow. What do ya'll think would make a good sentient shadow companion?

Sparky McDibben
2019-09-02, 09:20 AM
Possibly reskin an unseen servant and just tell your DM you always recast it as soon as it drops?

Zuras
2019-09-02, 09:32 AM
I’ve run a module where a players shadow could become unattached to them, and rules wise it worked like an Arcane Trickster’s Mage Hand.

Alhallor
2019-09-02, 09:34 AM
Might be a strange idea but perhaps reskin an Animal Companion from a Ranger?

Nidgit
2019-09-02, 10:17 AM
You could flavor the homonculus from Alchemist Artificer as one, probably.

JNAProductions
2019-09-02, 11:04 AM
As a player? That's difficult. I did make him as a monster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?547115-Dr-Facilier), but that's way easier than working with a player.

I've got some stuff going on today (gaming at my FLGS), but if you'd like, I could take a crack at homebrewing something for you when I get home. Maybe a magic item or something.

Sception
2019-09-02, 11:21 AM
If you're home brewing, I'd look at the trickery cleric's CD as a good starting point. Workshop that a bit and you could maybe make it work as a variant familiar for a chainlock, or maybe a separate pact boon altogether.

JNAProductions
2019-09-02, 11:32 AM
If you're home brewing, I'd look at the trickery cleric's CD as a good starting point. Workshop that a bit and you could maybe make it work as a variant familiar for a chainlock, or maybe a separate pact boon altogether.

Good idea, Malisteen.

Segev
2019-09-02, 11:50 AM
Tome Warlock with unseen servant as a ritual, or Arcane Trickster with his mage hands being his shadow?