PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying the 4 Clerics Challenge (pathfinder)

OGDojo
2019-09-02, 05:59 PM
4 Cleric Challenge
*scrubbed*

Welcome Nerds and fellow gamer's! it is I OGDojo here again with another challenge for you.
Now this is all for fun so be nice to each other and have fun with it :) if you don't wanna do the challenge that's up to you.
However i encourage you to at least build these in your own way. alright here's the specs!

Cleric level must be at least half the total level of the character
all clerics MUST BE level 12
each cleric must have a different spell list to fit its purpose in the party
all clerics will be built using pathfinder
You may use FEATS and ITEMS and SPELLS from the D&D 3.5 books

The 4 clerics your going to build Are:

the Healer
The Tank
The Offensive caster
the Rogue/skill monkey

You do NOT have to build All of them for this challenge but i encourage you to at least try.

Now i know that some of these seem impossible but don't worry they are (Theoretically) possible with the right feats and races.
Your starting stat numbers will be:

you may put them into whatever order you wish to complete your builds.

i would suggest building them in Myth Weavers (https://www.myth-weavers.com/user/login) Then using the "Spoiler" option to put links to each character as shown below. Please be sure to LABEL each character to let me know what role each character is filling.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1514418

Please understand this is suppose to be for FUN. so please take a week or two, ill be checking every day for updates.
Ill also be trying to keep it at the top of the posting list so its easy to find, have fun building and i cant wait to see what you guys will be coming up with.

If you have any Criticisms or questions please PM me.

Current Posts:
Selion: Offensive Cleric, Fireon (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2003018)

khadgar567
2019-09-03, 02:02 AM
Is pathfinder 2e is legal then its a wash

MeimuHakurei
2019-09-03, 05:56 AM
I'll give it a try - do you have any benchmarks/breakpoints you want the four roles to fulfill?

Also note that Clerics have access to all spells on the Cleric list and can prepare a different loadout each day - however it is a list heavily biased towards support, buffing and healing.

OGDojo
2019-09-03, 06:18 AM
Is pathfinder 2e is legal then its a wash

just original pathfinder

OGDojo
2019-09-03, 06:21 AM
I'll give it a try - do you have any benchmarks/breakpoints you want the four roles to fulfill?

Also note that Clerics have access to all spells on the Cleric list and can prepare a different loadout each day - however it is a list heavily biased towards support, buffing and healing.

the healer must be able to heal 2 of the clerics to full health in 4 turns
the Offensive caster must do enough damage in 1 round to half-health a Purple wyrm (200 hp)
the tank has to be able to take a large hit or a breath weapon attack without falling AND be able to protect his team mates
the Rogue/skill monkey has to be able to search for traps, pick a lock, bluff an NPC, and disguise him/herself

Jack_Simth
2019-09-03, 06:55 AM
the healer must be able to heal 2 of the clerics to full health in 4 turns
At 12th? Heal spell makes this a non-issue. A Cleric-12 with the Healing domain can do 3 Heals natively, 4 with a Wisdom of 22 or better (which is easy at that level). You'll need to have a LOT of HP for two level-appropriate Heal spells to not fully recover your HP (or some curse that prevents healing, or....).

the Offensive caster must do enough damage in 1 round to half-health a Purple wyrm (200 hp)This one is a little trickier, but Pathfinder changed how Death spells work - now most of them deal 10 hp/level. Add in Divine Metamagic, and the "easy" answer is "Harm, Divine Metamagic(Quicken Spell) Harm" to have good odds of dealing 240 HP damage (could replace Divine Metamagic with a suitable Rod of Quicken Spell) (260 with an Orange Prism Ioun Stone).

the tank has to be able to take a large hit or a breath weapon attack without falling AND be able to protect his team matesWith 3.5 feats available: Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell) is likely the go-to for tanking; Divine Power + Righteous Might (also add in a prayer bead of karma - CL 16 on both of those will help considerably). Training weapons on gauntlets for a few combat feats, plus a reach trip weapon, and you're pretty much golden here.

Alternately: Construct Armor (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs/?/#Construct_Armor), using a "disposable" construct (a Trompe L'Oeil (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/trompe-l-oeil-cr-1/) rejuvinates itself after a few days - make it of a sentient Waxwork creature (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/sentient-waxwork-cr-0/), and you're wearing an HP pool that refills itself)

the Rogue/skill monkey has to be able to search for traps, pick a lock, bluff an NPC, and disguise him/herself
With spells from 3.5, you have Guidance of the Avatar and/or Divine Insight (both Cleric-2) to handle this fairly readily. Pathfinder's skill system is much more forgiving, so you just need a lot of skills at full ranks - which is easy; Scarlet and Blue Sphere Ioun Stones (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/scarlet-and-blue-sphere-ioun-stone) come with skills, and you an have as many as you can afford. You'll just need Craft Wondrous Item to make several (even if it's just so you can justify them having highly customized skills), and then use the Implantation rules so they're not spinning about your head saying "Sunder Me" all the time.

Alternately:
Don't bother. Search for Traps is Perception (and doesn't need anything beyond that - Pathfinder reduced the Rogue's niche protection a bit, there's even a campaign trait to give you auto-searching), picking a lock is just Disable Device, Bluffing an NPC is just Bluff, and disguising yourself is just Disguise. Clerics in Pathfinder already get 4 skill points per level.

OGDojo
2019-09-03, 07:14 AM
At 12th?

Im asking you to BUILD THEM!!! *scrubbed*

khadgar567
2019-09-03, 08:40 AM
just original pathfinder
Thanks then i dont comprte

OGDojo
2019-09-03, 05:35 PM
for use at later time

Gallowglass
2019-09-04, 09:25 AM
Jack, the whole point of these challenge threads is for various people to make various builds to meet the needs of the contest. Generally, its bad form to post "here's how to do it" in the thread because it undermines everyone else who may be using your ideas or having ideas that they can see are inferior to your ideas.

Basically, if you are so sure its so easy, show it through your builds, not in the forum before anyone else who is actually interested in the contest makes theirs.

Selion
2019-09-04, 11:41 AM
Offensive Cleric WIP:

Race Tiefling: to qualify for smite good alternate racial Trait
11 Theologian Cleric/ 1 crossblooded sorcerer

Main items: quickened metamagic rod (75K), Corset of Delicate Moves (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Corset%20of%20 Delicate%20Moves) (2k)

I raise my CL to 15 on hellfire ray, using Varisian Tattoo, Spell Specialization and Bloatmage initiate.
Crossblooded sorcerer DIP gives me 2 damage/die.

So my nova damage is like:

15d6 x 2 +60 (hellfire ray) + 15d6 x 2 +60 (quickened hellfire ray) = 330 average damage

If I'm lucky and i find a good foe, i can use the corset of delicate moves once per day to have another swift action, which i may use to smite good, for a total:

15d6 x 2 +72 (smite good hellfire ray) + 15d6 x 2 +72 (quickened hellfire ray) = 378 average damage

I'll complete the sheet tomorrow

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2003018

OGDojo
2019-09-04, 10:06 PM
Jack, the whole point of these challenge threads is for various people to make various builds to meet the needs of the contest. Generally, its bad form to post "here's how to do it" in the thread because it undermines everyone else who may be using your ideas or having ideas that they can see are inferior to your ideas.

Basically, if you are so sure its so easy, show it through your builds, not in the forum before anyone else who is actually interested in the contest makes theirs.

*Stands and Applauds* thank you so much! finally someone who gets it

Offensive Cleric WIP:

I'll complete the sheet tomorrow

This looks freaking amazing, cant wait to see it finished :) also are you using the divine Metamagic feats for that rod?

Selion
2019-09-05, 05:20 AM
This looks freaking amazing, cant wait to see it finished :) also are you using the divine Metamagic feats for that rod?

Thank you, but it's a pretty standard optimization, nothing new on the table. I haven't used divine metamagic, I sticked to pathfinder only material, BTW it would be within the rules and my character would benefit a lot from this feat, maybe i'll include it.

OGDojo
2019-09-05, 06:41 AM
Thank you, but it's a pretty standard optimization, nothing new on the table. I haven't used divine metamagic, is sticked to pathfinder only material, BTW it would be within the rules and my character would benefit a lot from this feats, maybe i'll include it.

Absolutely build it the way you want! :) i love seeing other peoples builds and ideas

Selion
2019-09-05, 08:42 AM
Absolutely build it the way you want! :) i love seeing other peoples builds and ideas

Ok, i finished it.

Little explanation:
The crossblooded sorcerer DIP gives me a lot of things:
A familiar (bloodline familiar instead of the 1st level power), which gives me +4 init and alertness
Eschew materials
+1 dmg/die on spells (orc bloodline)
+1 dmg/die on fire spells (draconic bloodline)

I used the Thoelogian Cleric Archetype, which limits me to 1 domain, but grants the following features:
I can memorize domain spells in common slots
I can apply a free metamagic feat (selected from a short list) to a couple of spells, which are, in this specific case:
Intensified Fireball
Focused Flame Strike

I included at last divine metamagic, which i can use to empower the already powerful double hellfire rays combo, reaching almost 500 damage in a single round (i want to point out that this is a 1/day combo)
When the hellfire combo is off i have still a LOT of blasting spells, which have bonus damage, for example my intensified fireball is casted at CL 14, so its damage is 14d6+28, CD (20 reflex half), pretty good on a level 3 slot.

Also i want to thank you, i never built this kind of character and i never thought that a cleric could be that strong in blasting.
This guy puts on shame any single character i'm actually playing both in offence and in defence. Maybe i'll play something similar, tuned a little down, in the future.

OGDojo
2019-09-05, 03:18 PM
Ok, i finished it.

Also i want to thank you, i never built this kind of character and i never thought that a cleric could be that strong in blasting.
This guy puts on shame any single character i'm actually playing both in offence and in defence. Maybe i'll play something similar, tuned a little down, in the future.

That character is AMAZING!! yeah i never would have thought that a cleric would be able to output that much damage in a round O.O and this character would look bad ass, a demon looking cleric of flame dressed in red robes and fire blasting from his hands, it would look amazing. good job and thanks for participating, this is exactly why i try to set up these challenges. to help people think of ways to build their favorite classes in new ways to make the game more interesting :)

MeimuHakurei
2019-09-07, 01:03 PM
I have to report that I'm too busy with other things, so unfortunately I'll have to sign off of this challenge. Still looking forward to see some full Team Cleric action among participants.

By the way, why don't you try showcasing a cleric party yourself?

OGDojo
2019-09-07, 02:13 PM
I have to report that I'm too busy with other things, so unfortunately I'll have to sign off of this challenge. Still looking forward to see some full Team Cleric action among participants.

By the way, why don't you try showcasing a cleric party yourself?
thats not a bad idea i have a few ideas in mind ill build them and see where i can improve on them