PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for way to stay alive using Gobelin Skull Bomb

reveurduciel
2019-09-02, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone. I'm curently playing Rise of the Runelord with a ratfolk rogue 2/wizard 1 on his way to arcane trickster and my dm just gave me this ...
"Gobelin Skull Bomb" (google it, i can't post link)

That item is so coool ! But i'm afraid to use it because if i roll a 1, it'll be a fumble, and my character will die horribly :smalleek:

Is there a way to bypass fumble rules and stay alive ?

Thank you :smallbiggrin:

Psyren
2019-09-03, 01:19 AM
My honest suggestion is to sell it. 5d6 + catch on fire is a lot of damage at 3rd-level, and as written you don't just suffer this if you fumble, you will take this damage if you miss your target at all. In addition, the range increment is extremely short (10ft), making your chances of missing even worse.

If you insist on using it, try to get some kind of fire resistance before throwing it and hope for low damage if you miss.

Asmotherion
2019-09-03, 01:58 AM
the way i read it you can go around it by having someone else touch it and then using Mage Hand to move it around. idealy get it in some extra-dimensional container and retrieve it only when you need it.

reveurduciel
2019-09-03, 09:50 PM
Maybe make my familiar bird drop it on my ennemy.
If it miss... i'll get a new skull bomb... but i'll need a new familiar...

Jack_Simth
2019-09-03, 10:05 PM
Item in question (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/e-g/goblin-skull-bomb/)

Try Summon Monster I, or maybe Unseen Servant. You could also purchase a few trained dogs.

reveurduciel
2019-09-06, 10:26 PM
Thank you everyone