PDA

View Full Version : Vaarsuvius cosplay attempt

SkepticalSquid
2019-09-03, 12:32 AM
I've started work on a Vaarsuvius cosplay. There's still a lot left for me to work on, like hemming the robe, making the cloak, and finishing embroidery on the robe, but I'm proud of what I've done so far, so I wanted to post it.

Hope it's ok that I censored my face out. I don't really want it floating around the internet unaltered.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDhCvvWVUAAO9vp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edit: oh boy trying to add an image to this post was a puzzle
Edit: placed image in spoiler to comply with forum rules

Magic_Hat
2019-09-03, 03:39 PM
I like it!:smallbiggrin:

SkepticalSquid
2019-09-04, 02:38 AM
Thanks! I'm hoping I can post more pictures as I add more to it.

Iruka
2019-09-04, 08:00 AM
Looks like a pretty solid start. :smallsmile:
Will Blackwing be part of your costume?

Magic_Hat
2019-09-04, 02:57 PM
Will Blackwing be part of your costume?

I was just about to ask that. You could get a stuffed bird and use velcro to attach it to your shoulder.

Peelee
2019-09-04, 11:39 PM
That looks fantastic! I'm excited to see it with the hems and embroidery completed. About the only change I think I'd make would be to use a slightly larger-diameter rope for the belt, but I'm not sure how practical that would be; it may not function as well or be as comfortable.

Magic_Hat
2019-09-05, 02:12 AM
I think what's even more impressive is that person in the background cosplaying as a dry erase board really looks like a dry erase board! I was almost fooled!

SkepticalSquid
2019-09-09, 01:31 AM
I was just about to ask that. You could get a stuffed bird and use velcro to attach it to your shoulder.

I do have a Halloween prop raven that I was going to try to attach to my shoulder. It looks surprisingly life-like.

Magic_Hat
2019-09-09, 01:43 AM
I do have a Halloween prop raven that I was going to try to attach to my shoulder. It looks surprisingly life-like.

Ravens don't belong on one's shoulder! They belong on a bust of Pallas!:smallwink:

Kaytara
2019-09-10, 01:04 AM
Pretty damn sweet! Especially big kudos on the week. It looks both styled right and the correct colour and material. I cosplayed V once and for some godforsaken reason the purple wig stubbornly appeared blue on camera in most light conditions.

I second what was said about having thicker rope for the "belt". I'm thinking the kind of rope that gets used in thick decorative curtains... with tassels.

Magic_Hat
2019-09-15, 10:49 PM
You should hand out little pieces of paper that read "I prepared explosive ruins this morning."

Annehn
2019-09-16, 09:40 AM
It looks great! .. Good job!