PDA

View Full Version : Scribe scroll and DC

Dhoule
2019-09-03, 12:22 PM
Is it written anywhere if your scribed scrolls DC work by your ability score (the one you had when you scribed them) or by the lowest possible number? I seem unable to find it. I know the price depends on the level of the spell and the caster level with which it was created, but I see nothing about the DC. I assume if we find any scroll on our adventures, those are going to be of the lowest ability score possible. But what about the ones I scribe myself?

Thanks.

Biggus
2019-09-03, 12:42 PM
All magic items except staffs use the lowest possible ability score to set the DC:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#savingThrowsAgainstMagicItemPo wers

There's a feat called Enhance Item (ELH p.114, it's not an epic feat though) which enables you to use your own ability score to set the DC for one item type.

Dhoule
2019-09-03, 01:00 PM
That website is enough for me, but... Does that appear in any book? My DM is not proficient in English, and only Spanish published books would do. Not all of them were published in Spanish, but a lot of them did.

Huh... Nevermind. The ELH was published in Spanish, and it explicitly says that in the feat description, so that should be enough. Thanks!

Biggus
2019-09-03, 01:12 PM
It's in the DMG, p214 of the English edition. In case it's not on the same page number, it's chapter: Magic Items, section: Handling Magic Items, subsection: Saving Throws Against Magic Item Powers.