PDA

View Full Version : What If The Good And Evil D&D Dragon Deities Switch Alignment Roles?

Bartmanhomer
2019-09-03, 12:23 PM
I have an interesting question, what if the good (Bahamut, Tamara and Hlal) and evil (Tiamat, Falazure and Garyx) switch alignment roles? Bahamut (Lawful Evil), Tamara (Netural Evil), Hlal (Chaotic Evil), Tiamat (Lawful Good), Falazure (Neutral Good) and Garyx (Chaotic Good).

Coidzor
2019-09-03, 04:21 PM
Well, Hell would lose the advantages of having Tiamat's divine realm there and would probably eventually start actively harrying her until she relocated her divine realm elsewhere.

Bartmanhomer
2019-09-03, 04:27 PM
Well, Hell would lose the advantages of having Tiamat's divine realm there and would probably eventually start actively harrying her until she relocated her divine realm elsewhere.

And same thing with Falazure and Garyx, right,? :confused:

Thunder999
2019-09-03, 04:42 PM
Good aligned dragonfire adepts would rejoice as they're now the ones who get to use the fivefold breath of Tiamat without taking tons of damage.

Buufreak
2019-09-03, 05:26 PM
I have an interesting question

Well, that's certainly an opinion.

what if the good and evil switch alignment roles?

The exact same thing that happens when DC pumps out that exact storyline over and over. It seems very cool at first, but quickly becomes novelty. Every system of checks and balances that the multiverse already employs will be entirely unaffected, and overall nothing changes.

Kayblis
2019-09-03, 06:19 PM
Good characters will be able to worship the objectively best dragon deity, the five-headed queen. Dragonborns of Bahamut would be hunted down like the traitors they are for going against the five-headed queen. Nothing more of relevance.

Coidzor
2019-09-03, 07:01 PM
And same thing with Falazure and Garyx, right,? :confused:

I don't recall how important Falazure and Garyx are to the defenses of Hell. I am pretty sure that Tiamat being important to the defense of Hell is a thing in 3.5 at least.

I also have no idea what would go on with the Abishai devils.

OGDojo
2019-09-03, 07:10 PM
Chaos would ensue, the balance of the universe would be thrown off especially since most of the good gods govern the powers of magic and life itself.

False God
2019-09-03, 08:18 PM
Basically, D&D: Injustice.

Bahamut would make for a much more organized and likely productive evil-doer than Tiamat.

Tiamat would arguably make a much better good-aligned creature than Bahamut really, with less of a bent over justice and order and a greater lean towards freedom and creativity.

Hmmm.....now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go write a mirrorverse.

Esprit15
2019-09-03, 09:10 PM
Chaos would ensue, the balance of the universe would be thrown off especially since most of the good gods govern the powers of magic and life itself.

Baccob is TN.

Yael
2019-09-04, 04:18 AM
I believe Pelor would be the same anyways. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443306-quot-Pelor-the-Burning-Hate-quot-(from-Wizards-forum))

GrayDeath
2019-09-04, 12:25 PM
I believe Pelor would be the same anyways. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443306-quot-Pelor-the-Burning-Hate-quot-(from-Wizards-forum))

Nope, now he would pretend to be Evil but be Good in Truth ^^

As for the OP: not much regarding the Minor deities, but Tiamat and Bahamut switched...actually makes for an interesting setting methinks.