PDA

View Full Version : The Coolest Paladin

Water_Walker
2007-10-13, 05:38 PM
Personnaly I'm going with Bandanna Paladin

AyuVince
2007-10-13, 05:44 PM
Well... yeah he looks cool. But I'd also like to see what became of the female paladin who went seppuku at the end of Xykon's Throne Room Carnage (also known as Suicide Girl).

Icewalker
2007-10-13, 05:59 PM
Gonna have to go with O-Chul, but in terms of just looks, I think Bandanna Paladin wins. He does have a white-glowing black metal katana.

Shades of Gray
2007-10-13, 06:15 PM
Lien. Celestial Shark FTW!

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-13, 06:29 PM
Miko, because she'd look hot as a blackguard.

bluewind95
2007-10-13, 07:23 PM
Miko, because she'd look hot as a blackguard.

But then she wouldn't be a Paladin.

I think the cleric paladin (She can be both? I'm not sure about how that works) who was flying in 447 was neat. Bandana-guy is also neat, as is the purple-haired paladin guy.

O-chul is also pretty unique and neat.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-10-13, 08:29 PM
Personnaly I'm going with Bandanna Paladin

Yeah, I like him, too. There was just something about him.

I think Suicide Girl was in the celestial line along with the one-eyed paladin and the one with the beard and blue hair (he looks like O-Chul with hair).

I liked the other paladins as well. They all looked like they could have been some really great characters. I guess that's why they're one of my favorite groups in the comic now.

I just hope the other soon-to-be-found members of the Sapphire Guard are as cool and interesting as the throne room ones where.

Speaking of O-Chul, I really hope Haley can rescue him. I'd hate to see one more paladin suffer a horrible fate. :smallfrown:

I'm almost positive now that we are going to see just what became of Shojo, Soon, and Miko. There's seven more strips to 500 and I don't see why we can't see them if Rich is going to do some more afterlife strips.

Gamiress
2007-10-13, 08:51 PM
Haha, I love the bandanna paladin, when I saw him climbing the mountain I went:

xD Kyaaa~! *hugs monitor*

Manticorkscrew
2007-10-13, 08:52 PM
I really like Hinjo.

"And I said: 'Rectum? Damn near killed 'em. And that's the story of how I became a Paladin.'

Or something like that.

basilisk 89
2007-10-13, 09:38 PM
He is not the coolest paladin. He is the coolest character in the entire OotS. Were Rich to make a book about him (ludicrous, I know), I would pay as much as two hundred dollars to read it, let alone actually own it. At least give us a name, Rich!

Chronos
2007-10-13, 09:51 PM
I think the cleric paladin (She can be both? I'm not sure about how that works) who was flying in 447 was neat. Bandana-guy is also neat, as is the purple-haired paladin guy.Anyone above first level can be multi-classed. In principle, you can take a new class each time you level up (though that probably wouldn't be wise, since you'd only get 1st-level abilities from all your classes). But the flying paladin was more likely to be a sorcerer than a cleric: She wasn't wearing armor (clerics, like paladins, can wear armor without penalty), sorcerers have easier access to flight spells, and both sorcerers and paladins benefit from high charisma.

Setra
2007-10-13, 10:00 PM
Bandana Paladin

SoD
2007-10-14, 04:27 AM
Blue Hair Halberd Lady.

No contest.

maxon
2007-10-14, 05:13 AM
Well, I don't think any of them are cool. What is this thing with paladins? I remember first coming across the class years ago and thinking 'what a waste of time that is ... boring, next!' Never played one. I just don't get it. Why do you all like them so much? Lawful good hero type with restrictions - snore. Characters without the stick up their arse are much more interesting though I like Roy - that's probably WHY I like Roy (no stick).

I really am kinda not lawful, am I?

Ecalsneerg
2007-10-14, 06:28 AM
Well, I don't think any of them are cool. What is this thing with paladins? I remember first coming across the class years ago and thinking 'what a waste of time that is ... boring, next!' Never played one. I just don't get it. Why do you all like them so much? Lawful good hero type with restrictions - snore. Characters without the stick up their arse are much more interesting though I like Roy - that's probably WHY I like Roy (no stick).

Not necessarily. You don't need a stick up your arse to be lawful. As you said, Roy rocks.

I think Hinjo is the coolest Paladin :P

Paladin29
2007-10-14, 06:38 AM
I like Hinjo and Lien, Hinjo is a good leader and an easygoing person who have a correct concept of honor (not like Miko) and Lien.... well... I would marry her :smallsmile:

kpenguin
2007-10-14, 08:10 AM
The northern paladin with the red cape and the beard in 415 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0415.html).

Morty
2007-10-14, 08:15 AM
Hm. I'd say the whole Sapphire Guard, as they're all dead. And everyone knows the best paladin is dead paladin.:smallamused:

SmartAlec
2007-10-14, 08:37 AM
The northern paladin with the red cape and the beard in 415 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0415.html).

OtOoPCs Spoiler:

That's Sir Francois, Elan's former master!

Mad Mask
2007-10-14, 08:47 AM
I think that the lilas-hooded paladin (who is currently my avatar) wins. Or maybe it's just that I just like guys with hoods...

Setra
2007-10-14, 09:42 AM
And everyone knows the best Wizard is dead Wizard.:smallamused:
Fixed that for you.

Them wizard's be nothing but trouble. Always doing everything and whatnot.

Silly Wizards, tricks are for kids.

I just woke up so I find this funny.

Azazel
2007-10-14, 09:57 AM
Well... um... so a persumed worshiper of the southern gods ends up on the mountain as well? Different lines, same destination? I can hear it now... the distant buzz growing stronger and stronger. There's a thousand voices in the wind, all crying out one oft repeated and seldom ignored name...

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-10-14, 10:37 AM
I thought the Azurites were on the other side of the mountain?

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying...

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-10-14, 10:47 AM

It's not paladins, it's the Sapphire Guard paladins. Rich has developed the Sapphire Guard to make them really cool and interesting. Rich also made each particular paladin look really unique and gave each one their own personality, just by drawing them.

This is why I hope the Sapphire Guard gets their own storyline. They shouldn't take over the comic, but they should get a book of their own.

BTW, only Miko had the stick. The others are laid back.

Heron
2007-10-14, 10:54 AM
It's not paladins, it's the Sapphire Guard paladins. Rich has developed the Sapphire Guard to make them really cool and interesting. Rich also made each particular paladin look really unique and gave each one their own personality, just by drawing them.

This is why I hope the Sapphire Guard gets their own storyline. They shouldn't take over the comic, but they should get a book of their own.

BTW, only Miko had the stick. The others are laid back.

I totally agree. I even imported them into Dragonlance as the warrior-priests of Mishakal.

Chronos
2007-10-14, 01:53 PM
BTW, only Miko had the stick. The others are laid back.Girard seemed to think that Soon had one, too (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html).

Holammer
2007-10-14, 01:54 PM
Surfing HalfOrc's Neko-Miko would make a cool paladin. But I'll have to say O'chul. Mean and gruff with a matching scar, the man knows how to accessorize! Soon with his fu manchu is pretty badass as well.

Porthos
2007-10-14, 02:09 PM
Girard seemed to think that Soon had one, too (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html).

Soon obviously spent a feat to remove his stick at one point because he seemed a lot less uptight when we finally got to meet him in the comic. :smallwink:

As for coolest Paladin? It has to be http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/estelindis/hinjo.gif.

He singlehandly reminded people that Paladins can be witty, funny, and down right charming people. In fact, from everything we've seen in the SG, Miko is the exception not the rule. I mean, with the possible exception of O-Chul (who apparently worships at the same altar of Snark that Roy does), have we seen a single Sapphire Guardsman in the main comic outside of Miko who wasn't as cool as the other side of the pillow?

I think not. :smallwink:

shaddy_24
2007-10-14, 10:57 PM
I quite like Hinjo, Lien, O'chull, Bandana Paladin, the guy with the boots of flying, Suicide Girl, etc. All of the paladins you see in that room were unique and quite interesting. I want to stat up a group of paladins in my game, each one based on one of those ones, adding in the ones shown at the top. Maybe Miko, but that's less likely.

NeonRonin
2007-10-14, 11:11 PM
I say a tie between Hinjo and Lien. Why?

1: They're not Miko.

2: They have cool weaponry(cold iron katana, spear). (Just out of curiosity, is Lien carrying a shortspear or longspear? Not that it matters much)

3: They both have kickass paladin mounts(a dire wolf and a shark? How can that NOT be cool?)

4: They'd make a cute couple. (Had to throw that one in, just to annoy some people and make the others go 'awww')

5: Umm... they're not Miko.

kamikasei
2007-10-14, 11:34 PM
Hinjo is clearly awesome, mostly because he's had the most development. Him aside, I have a soft spot for Lien, mostly because that was the name of my first D&D-related character. (Well, actually my second, but my first was a monk/fighter/sorcerer who dual-wielded katanas and ended up completely stuck at one of the last challenges (it was Neverwinter Nights). I don't like to remember her. In my defense, I didn't really understand the system. I think it was mostly that I didn't realize I'd run out of levels by twenty...)

I'm almost positive now that we are going to see just what became of Shojo, Soon, and Miko. There's seven more strips to 500 and I don't see why we can't see them if Rich is going to do some more afterlife strips.

Probably not of Shojo. Won't he be chillin' in the Chaotic Good afterlife with his cognac and poorly-worded-legal-document cigars?