PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help with a build

arkangel111
2019-09-05, 04:54 AM
Looking for some advice and I just don't have the time to tackle the books right now with work.

I am joining a game soon and the DM has given a lot of leeway in character creation. I'll give you all of the details of my plan as well as what I have to work with.
I'd like to find a way to fit Anima mage, War weaver, and Metaphysical spellshaper into a build. I'd prefer to go Wizard and more or less play a god wizard focusing on buffing allies with war weaver (followed by BFC) using the metamagic cost reduction of the other 2 classes. stats are as follows, move around as needed 15/12/14/11/16/11 (rolled). No race picked yet, I can take 2 flaws and therefore human isn't a requirement for once though might be tight to get the build together. I can also either bump any stat 2 pts (int) or grab an extra feat with some special rules of the DMs. I haven't decided on ACFs for the wizard level either and am open to suggestions. For the early entry shenanigans I am unsure how to grab intimidate though martial study might be an option. But again don't have time to book delve.

Books available... lets just assume all, so far nothing has been denied.
I'll be making a story and such for him once I decide on race and progression (not sure if I'll need binder or not and could change character outlook on magic). I'll take some suggestions on play style and background as well

TLDR: Wizard+Anima Mage+War weaver+Metaphysical spellshaper -- Early entry OK and up to 4 feats available @ 1st plus racial feats

Thanks playgrounders!

EndlessKng
2019-09-05, 05:56 AM
So Precocious Apprentice is a must at 1st level. That gives the second level spell to jump into Anima Magr early. For intimidation, you can get this just with the binder level (plus the Improved Vestige feat at 3rd to get the bonus binding and this meet the other prereq). Wizard 2/binder 1 with a Metamagic feat sets you up for Anima mage. Then just take Anima Mage 3 to get 3rd level spells and pick up Enlarge Spell - that gives you two metamagic feats overall and the one for War Wizard. Note that wu Jen can also pull this off even easier since they get a bonus metamagic feat at level 1, though wizard is probably just better with spell selection.

Alternatively you could try going for the feat based lesser binding and improve tbat, but it may or may not get you what you need. Need to double check if it fits the requirements or not. To get the intimidate then, I would recommend Cosmopolitan (PGtF I believe - add 1 class skill permanently and get +2 to using it I believe) or better yet Versatile (a 3rd party feat from the Rokugan campaign setting, which is technically "approved by Wizards," and gives two new class skills permanently per time you take it). That eats a lot of feats, however.

Note that I am on mobile and cannot double check my work to verify elements to make sure they work.