PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Medium size Wild Shape

noce
2019-09-05, 10:34 AM
Hi, is there a list of medium sized animals?
Most druid-specific guides stop listing medium sized animals above 5-6 HDs. :/

lilpest
2019-09-05, 10:56 AM
To my understanding bigger things are always better for shapeshifting into, at least for Wild Shape.

There's two general schools of using Wild Shape and if you're going Bear you always want to be getting bigger and stronger and if you're going Bat you don't really need more HD, you're basic birds and Desmodu Hunting Bats have all you need. And I don't think a lot of Medium animals even get that many HD.

Zombulian
2019-09-05, 12:31 PM
To my understanding bigger things are always better for shapeshifting into, at least for Wild Shape.

There's two general schools of using Wild Shape and if you're going Bear you always want to be getting bigger and stronger and if you're going Bat you don't really need more HD, you're basic birds and Desmodu Hunting Bats have all you need. And I don't think a lot of Medium animals even get that many HD.

I assume this question is for Wildshape Ranger or something. Personally I would just go with Aberrant Wildshape and Choker or something.

ShurikVch
2019-09-05, 04:39 PM
The "strongest" Medium-sized Animals are Legendary Wolf (14 HD) and Legendary Ape (13 HD) - both are from the Monster Manual II.
After that, there are almost nothing down to 5 HD, unless we will take Baboon Demons from the Diablo II: To Hell and Back - they're Medium Animals with 6, 7, 8 and 9 HD for different variants.
At 5 HD we have Dire Hawk (Monster Manual II), Protoceratops dinosaur (Sandstorm), and Pteranodon dinosaur (Dragon #318).
At 4 HD - Crocolisk (Lands of Conflict), Desmodu Hunting Bat, Dire Toad, Fleshraker, Giant Snapping Turtle (Lands of Mystery), Grigaur (Living Greyhawk Journal #2), Jaguar (Dangerous Denizens), Killer Frog (Dungeon #126), and Manta Ray.
At 3 HD - Black Bear, Boar, Cheetah, Crocodile, Dire Badger, Dire Weasel, Erdlu (Dungeon #111), Jhaker (Dungeon #111), Komodo Dragon, Leopard, Monitor Lizard, Puma (Dangerous Denizens), Sailsnake (Monster Manual IV), Seskarran (Dungeon #111), Medium Shark, Constrictor Snake, Saaniemian War Dog (Dangerous Denizens), Squid, and Wolverine.

noce
2019-09-05, 05:30 PM
Thank you, this is what I was looking for, although I hoped there would exist animals at around 8-10 HDs.
Well, thank you anyway.