PDA

View Full Version : [Dreamscarred Press Question] Potential Akashic Archetype for Zealot?

sage20500
2019-09-05, 02:49 PM
So I know DSP did the Veiled Lord archetype for warlords a little while ago; I was wondering if anyone knew if they were possibly considering adding another archetype to the Zealot since out of all the Initiators it's the only one that hasnt recieved some new support since its release; and I feel like it could actually mess very well with the Akashic system.

Baring that, how would you guys think one should go about making a homebrew archetype for Zealot to accomplish this?

Castilonium
2019-09-05, 02:59 PM
Dreamscarred Press is pretty much dead in the water, sadly. Don't expect to see anything new from them.

A company called Lost Spheres is making akashic and psionic content for their setting, City of Seven Seraphs. Ssalarn, the author of Akashic Mysteries, is working with them. They've made a class archetype for Warders and Zealots called the Excruciator (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/excruciator), and it's akashic.

Silvercrys
2019-09-05, 06:19 PM
So, I wouldn't say they're dead in the water exactly but they've definitely been having a rough go of it lately. Here's a link to the updates section of their Kickstarter for the Psionics Guide for Starfinder from last year (which hasn't been delivered to backers yet):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197021008/psionics-guide-for-starfinder-rpg-from-dreamscarre/posts/2595319

The good news is Jeremy Smith hasn't quite given up on the company or on producing content for DSP's fans yet, and in the meantime, yeah, some of the creators of the other systems are freelancing under other publishers.

If you like Akasha in particular, that was Ssalarn's project, and Lost Spheres Publishing seems to have picked up a bunch of his books as Castilonium said. I know ErrantX worked on some of the initiators but I'm not sure what his publishing status is at the moment or which bits of Path of War are his, exactly.

sage20500
2019-09-05, 06:44 PM
Took a look at Excrutiator and wasn't too impressed by it; decided to try my hand at making an Archetype for them specifically that fit in with the being a support themed role; just posted the google docs page with the 1st draft over on the Peach threads. Wasn't sure if I should/or could post it over on here;