PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Self buffing incantatrix

Salarion123
2019-09-05, 04:58 PM
Hey all,

Well I've got a gestalt game going, I'm DMing but for fun I'm making my own char in the spare time, he'll probably never see the light of game but still it's been a fun exercise.

Not to get too much into the build this is the basis

Wizard 1 , Monk 1, Wizard 2-5, Incantatrix 1, Warblade 1, Incatarix 2-3, Wizard 6-13, Incatatrix 4-5 || Druid 1, Cleric 1, Druid 2-4, Beastmaster 1, Druid 5, Planar Shepherd 1, Druid 6-7, Planar Shepherd 2-9, Druid 8-9.

Now he has Imbued Staff ACF for Wizard, Martial Monk (fighter bonus feat), Decisive Strike monk (No flurry, Double damage on single attack), Druid Focused Animal (+2 levels for AC), Cleric Scribe (Scribe scroll +25% discount no Turning).

While thinking how to buff up my familiar (Obtain familar + Enspell familar + Dragon Familiar) I've been pondering how to best abuse Incatatrix Cooperative magic.

Now Imbued staff has a subfeat Recharge staff with which you can, at the end of the day, spend unused spell slots and regain charges. With metamagic spell trigger you can obviously persist buffs.

But I've still to abuse cooperative magic, now this would be possible with Fission power lev 7. But this is a personal power so how should I go about this.

1) I'm wondering if there is a spell that recreates this effect.
2) Is there a feature opposite to Erudite spell to power, i.e. power to spell
3) Have a custom psi item that can cast this (hower I burn gold every day for buffing this way so leaning to NO)
4) Take leadership Fiend of Possesion Psion build but I'm not sure how this would interact. When possessed if the psion uses Fission would he split my wiz/dudu or would he split himself.
5) Varation of the above Ghostwalk Eidloncer Psion with Malevolance.

If done this way the wiz/dudu could buff himself i.e. duplicate would use Cooperative metamagic while the main buffshimself (and his AC and Familiar obviously).

Mainly the idea is naruto and his rasengan, been unable to control his rasengan without his shadow clone.

penny for your thoughts.

Salarion

ExLibrisMortis
2019-09-06, 10:50 AM
Body outside body lets arcane casters create copies that can use Cooperative Metamagic. It's a Wu Jen spell, so you'll have to pick it up with two levels of Wyrm Wizard. See Team Solars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?188138-Team-Solars-(Archiving)) for more inspiration.

Elves
2019-09-06, 12:55 PM
Body outside body lets arcane casters create copies that can use Cooperative Metamagic. It's a Wu Jen spell, so you'll have to pick it up with two levels of Wyrm Wizard. See Team Solars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?188138-Team-Solars-(Archiving)) for more inspiration.

There was a whole thread about chaining that spell a couple weeks ago. If going the wizard>Wyrm Wizard route you can use Spell Absorption, which synergizes well with free twin+maximize from Cooperative MM. If using wu jen you can use a belt of the dread emperor (120k, BOVD but not an evil item) for the same effect. As with Team Solar both methods rely on having White Raven Tactics. The problem is that since you take damage each time a clone dies, you'll probably die, but that isn't necessarily a huge obstacle (for arena situations, go JPM and use emerald immolation to give your infinite clones time to wreak havoc at no threat to yourself*).

There is another method that avoids the infinite damage problem but is more controversial: take an archmage level for SLA (body outside body) and then the Supernatural Transformation feat to make that SLA a (Su) ability, granting it to your clones. The controversy comes in because the feat applies only to "innate" SLAs, which some people read as meaning "racial" in this context, rather than simply excluding SLAs from items or other temporary sources.

Complete Arcane does classify class-granted SLAs like the warlock's as "innate"; on the other hand one of the WOTC devs (though not the one who wrote the feat or the book it's from) opined that they interpret "innate" in that feat as meaning "racial". IMO either ruling is viable; the dev's opinion is not insignificant, but also isn't RAW and doesn't have the primacy of authorship, and they noted it could be ruled otherwise.
Sorry to all who read that thread for regurgitating it.

*Is there a way to maximize non-d20 die rolls like emerald immolation's d6 roll for how many rounds it is before you reappear?