PDA

View Full Version : ~Corrupt Ranger~Prestige Class

Justice
2007-10-13, 10:59 PM
Please allow for development of this Prestige Class before commenting.
Thank You, Scot

Comments

During the years that I have played Dungeons and Dragons. I have never witnessed a PC or NPC become a evil based Ranger. I did however hear of the Zhentrim have an order that opposes the Harpers in the Forgotten Realms Campaign. To be honest some of the inspiration came from that and even before wanted to create some sort of villianeous Ranger of the Forest much like their is the Blackguard(Evil Paladin). Maybe I have missed a Prestige class devoted to such a description. If so I would like to have a variant version such as stated out of the DMG II to fit a personal campaign that I may run in the future. I basically wanted to type the comment thread before working on the PrC. I will be using this thread to develop the class in the upcoming future but with work and gamming ths must be an investment that I want to properly do. So taking my time and researching feats, skills and adopted abilities are a great possibilty. Thank You, Scot

Corrupt Ranger:

Among the friendly and good-willed Rangers is the Corrupt Ranger. A ranger who perverts the very land it once was told to preserve."Uncommon" are these men and creatures that bring forth destruction, disease, death and decay. Tormentented by an evil inner self, the Corrupt Ranger stops at nothing to set fires to forests, kill for pleasure and sow seeds of rot. Creatures of the forrest fear those that come to consume the natured spirit of growth, balance and life as if they intend to break the cycle of nature for their own amusement.

They are effective leaders of humanoids and are as ugly as their counterparts. Twas said that nature it'self caused their corruption from the inside to outwardly showing the curse or albeit... fall from grace. Showing some of their Forestry skills much like their predescessors...they are also hired by evil war tribes to track those that leave a mark of good.

Hit Die:d8

Requirements:
To qualify for a Corrupt Ranger, one must follow the following criteria
Alignement: Any Evil
Skills: Must have at least one rank in the following skills Climb, Handle Evil or Chaotic Animal, Knowledge Nature, Intimidate, Jump, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Bluff, Diplomacy,Spot, Swim, Ride and Survival
Feats: Leadership,Lightning Reflexes,Mounted Combat,Point Blank Shot
Special: Must have been Good or Lawful before falling from grace within his/her story.(Much like Anaken Skywalker becoming Darth Vader)

Note: Not Completed Yet

smart thog
2007-10-14, 11:32 AM
You have never seen a evil ranger? Then what the heck is Belkar? Have hyou not read the comic?

vivi
2007-10-14, 12:31 PM
you've never seen an evil ranger?! I make them all the time!

Skelengar
2007-10-14, 04:26 PM
a friend of mine has an evil ranger as the villain in his campaign

reorith
2007-10-15, 10:26 AM
i'm an evil ranger irl. you can get the blackguardy assassinish feel by giving the ranger a sneak attack progression and focusing on favored enemies

boomwolf
2007-10-15, 10:53 AM
belkar isn't really a ranger. he is a barbarian with ranger levels yet not ranger skills/spells etc.

as for a "blackguardy assassinish" feel you are better off with an assassin from the first place.

dark rangers are quite uncommon, but they happen.
its jest, what kind of evil will want the ranger class? it does not FIT any of the evil things, not as it is.

in order to make a ranger evil well you need:

replace healing spells with harming spells and such.
change animal companion to something more evil. (swarms are evil feeling.)
do more stuff i don't think about right now.

Skelengar
2007-10-15, 12:16 PM
Kraven the Hunter would be an evil ranger.

You could have a wolf companion, or another animal that is usually feared.

boomwolf
2007-10-15, 12:18 PM
prehaps i was not clear. i meant the companion list, not to change the ability itself.

Heainnailo
2007-10-15, 02:25 PM
My first ever character was an evil ranger, he's now an NPC in a game I'm just starting now.