PDA

View Full Version : Multiple identities?

Ichneumon
2007-10-14, 12:36 AM
So, how many do you have? I think I would say I have 3 or something.

EDIT: I mean fake identities/personalities you use online.

Brickwall
2007-10-14, 12:49 AM
Yeah, you're being too ambiguous here.

Are you talking online identities? Real life personas? Actual alternate identities with illegal fake papers and such?

Dear gods, make your meaning clear if you're going to start a topic!

reorith
2007-10-14, 12:51 AM
do you mean like dissociative identity disorder? cuz if so, none
if you mean like others ways, i have three fake ids, one that says i'm 16,(tyrel johnson) another 18(jeremy martin) and a third 21(alex suter-lowe), i have six screen names, and in everyday life im one way at work, another at school, and a third alone.

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-14, 01:03 AM
Online?
I'm known as Em Blackleaf and Emily-Pants.
In real life (nicknames)?
Emily (real name), Em, Emma, Emmadoodledoo (a nickname since about age three), and Emmers.

@V: Hey there, Sunshine.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-14, 01:20 AM
Hi Emmers. *waves*

I am known online as Raiser or Raiser_B1ade.

In real life i am known as Isaiah (pronunced I-zay-uh), zay, or sunshine.

Oh yeah and i'm also batman. *hides in the shadows*

Ego Slayer
2007-10-14, 01:27 AM
If I told you who else I am, I'd have to kill you. All of you.

:smallamused:

FoE
2007-10-14, 01:32 AM
And if I told you about my other secret identities ... I wouldn't have to kill you. But I probably would anyways, just for kicks. :smallamused:

Icewalker
2007-10-14, 01:54 AM
Nothing special. Name, some kids refer to me by my last name, and for screen names I go by three: Jerdan, Icewalker, or Razax.

Exachix
2007-10-14, 01:58 AM
Urm... Only 1.

"Exachix."

That was easy...

Some people (from a game) Know me as "Coll1000" =D.

Castaras
2007-10-14, 01:58 AM
I have my identity at school, my identity at drama, my identity on these forums, my identity on the other forums I go on, and my identity I used to have on Runescape.

Not that many, I guess.

Serpentine
2007-10-14, 02:08 AM
Lets see now... Iron Paw, Scarlet Manuka, Grey Ghost of the Forest...

Machete
2007-10-14, 02:10 AM
Something like a half-dozen. At times, nearly 30 when doing some special projects.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-14, 02:11 AM
Nup, just The Chilli God. Or Chilli, for short. Or Dinony, if you want to get into old usernames which I don't use anymore.
*Friendly Wave*
Of course, I often find it difficult to find my real personality, let alone distinguish all of the fake ones.

There's "Teacher's Pet," "Focused Worker," "Mr Pedantic," "Sir Vengeance," and the ever-popular "Quirky Trickster," by way of personalities. Just a matter of which one I have on at the moment.

Castaras
2007-10-14, 02:21 AM
Nup, just The Chilli God. Or Chilli, for short. Or Dinony, if you want to get into old usernames which I don't use anymore.
*Friendly Wave*
Of course, I often find it difficult to find my real personality, let alone distinguish all of the fake ones.

There's "Teacher's Pet," "Focused Worker," "Mr Pedantic," "Sir Vengeance," and the ever-popular "Quirky Trickster," by way of personalities. Just a matter of which one I have on at the moment.

I see you there lad...

* stab *

LCR
2007-10-14, 05:01 AM
I have a secret British identity, Basil. Because I'd really like to be British.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-14, 05:08 AM
I try to make different names for each board I register on. I dunno why. So I'm known as Orange Zergling, Redeemer59, Baneling_Aspect, Genericperson59, and probably more I'm forgetting atm.

Emperor Ing
2007-10-14, 05:50 AM
Lemme count my online personas:
1, 2, 3, 4.

Members of the wc3 gitp group might know 2 of them.

kpenguin
2007-10-14, 06:41 AM
Originally killerpenguin222, all of my online screen names have been deviations from that, though I use kpenguin the most.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-14, 06:46 AM
Hm...

DarkLightDragon, obviously! :smalltongue:

I signed as Frebedor on a couple of sites, but one of them I don't go to anymore.

I used to play runescape, stopped a long time ago. My name on there was Sparksy_Wolf

I used to play neopets when I was a young person (signed up either 2001/2002...) I won't post my username for that here because it makes it rather easy to guess my real name.

I've also occasionally referred to myself as Darth Turnip (inspired by Star Wars and Blackadder) :smallamused:

One of my WoW guilds is called Smegheads :smallbiggrin:

Hm... I wonder if I can think of more?

Jibar
2007-10-14, 06:49 AM
Very easily, if you find a Jibar online, it's me.
There may be slight variations, the occasional number added, but Jibar is me.
Simple as that.

Calamity
2007-10-14, 07:30 AM
I have many online personas, but only two come up more than once: Calamity and also Messy (was already taken when i joined the boards, speaking of which I wonder where he went)

Exeson
2007-10-14, 07:31 AM
If you find Exeson, or any variation there of, anywhere you go, the chances are high that it is me.

DraPrime
2007-10-14, 08:08 AM
Me? I use dragonprime across the mighty realm that is the internet. If you see another dragonprime, it's probably me.

Dragor
2007-10-14, 08:20 AM
Let's see...

Dragor, Tratux. (RPG's, forums)
The Supernaturalist, Ghost in the Wire. (Online FPS's)

And that's about it. Although I did have the most ridiculous nickname....

Wombomtom. (Wom-Bomb-Tom). Don't know how it came about, but it's stuck. Somehow. :smalleek:

Kaelaroth
2007-10-14, 08:37 AM
I am pretty much always Kaelaroth online.

In real life, when I adopt false personalities, which I do very often, I am most typically Jace, though I have been known to come up with new IDs on the spot.

My real name is a closely guarded secret. :smallamused:

Volug
2007-10-14, 08:43 AM
Online.
ALWAYS MasatoHyuga, nothing else! No one ever takes that name!!!

Real Life
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Like I would tell you. evil.....

Kaelaroth
2007-10-14, 08:44 AM
[B]Real Life
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Like I would tell you. evil.....

My feelings exactly! :smallamused:

Ichneumon
2007-10-14, 08:47 AM
My feelings exactly! :smallamused:

Oh mine too, I would never tell you my real name. (at least not my full real name). I just asked how many, not which.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-14, 08:51 AM
Oh mine too, I would never tell you my real name. (at least not my full real name). I just asked how many, not which.

Well.. let's see....

Some of my faves have been Kaelaroth, Otheia, Moonscar, Jace, Galaxy, Marcus, Martin, Nikolai, Iorgos, Joseph(us).... ah, I do love the thrill of someone else's life.... :smallbiggrin:

PlatinumJester
2007-10-14, 09:33 AM
I use PlatinumJester on every web site I use.

My ID cards say Joe Collins which is my real name so it makes sense.

I have 1 ID with a picture of my asian friend and it says Pawala Rasakara Ariyathilika. I managed to get into a cinema with it despite the fact he has really dark skin and hair and I have very pale skin and ginger hair.

Setra
2007-10-14, 09:46 AM
I am..

Setra
Setrakakan
Kakan
Kouhai
BDSetra
Gutts
Enaxe
Kanom
Reyna
Rena Dragonflame

and in City of X 90% of my characters have 'Mew' or 'Kitten' in the name. (ex. Robo Mewninja, Emerald Mew, Reyna Flamemew)

Edit: I was originally Setra, but a lot of times it is taken, so then I made the ID of Kakan, but sometimes both are taken so I use Setrakakan.. but sometimes it sounds silly so I use Kouhai, and BDSetra is a former clan affiliation.. Gutts is often what I use in Steam, Enaxe is former Runescape and Dark Age of Wythia name, Kanom replaced Kakan for a while when I killed my character named Kakan in roleplay, and Reyna and Rena are.. well ... yeah.

Edit Edit: Oh yeah, I used to by known as dragon_king_bahamut (or similar Bahamut names) and am still bahamutdragonking on gamefaqs.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-10-14, 10:31 AM
Oh well, at least 100. Such is the wonder of Tor proxies. :smallcool:

It's necessary if you want to go argue with the more ... objectionable types on the internet. The forum guidelines on political discussion mean that I can't go very far, but let's say that if Skepticalcat and I have a dream! mean anything to you, then it's a sign that I have been there.

However, also, however many identities we may claim to have, remember that ultimately, we are all merely potential members of Anonymous. For they are legion; and they do not forgive.

bosssmiley
2007-10-14, 10:51 AM
I have a secret British identity, Basil. Because I'd really like to be British.

You and samurai both LCR ("Jorry Good"). :smallbiggrin:

Me online: < that username, Eggy, monkeyboy, etc...
Me offline: < that username (RL nickname first, go figure :smallconfused: ), my given name, my surname )and various abbreviations thereof)...

LCR
2007-10-14, 11:08 AM
Can't touch my faux RP accent ...

Rykaj
2007-10-14, 11:20 AM
I have 3, mostly bound to my level of anonimity on the internet.

One resembles my real name and is instantly recognizable to people who know me.
Another is known to some friends and allows me to be quite anonimous.
And Rykaj is my last one and barely anyone alive knows I use this name making it a great internet persona.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-14, 11:45 AM

Meh if you have a myspace or facebook your online security has already been compromised. Muahaha

Here are a couple of tips to stay safe from stalkers:

1.Never agree to meet someone in real life without bringing some backup.
2:The van doesn't have any candy in it.

Sir_Norbert
2007-10-14, 12:24 PM
Let's see... in order of creation, I am:

zarathustra47 on GameFAQs
Nuntar on the ZBB and a couple of other forums created by ZBBites
Ahribar on the Sugar Quill (with no T; the protagonist of my novel-in-progress is Athribar)
Sir_Norbert here (well, duh!)
Nephrite on IRC (a Sailor Moon reference ;) )

reorith
2007-10-14, 12:26 PM
...Here are a couple of tips to stay safe from stalkers:

1.Never agree to meet someone in real life without bringing some backup.
2:The van doesn't have any candy in it.

my van has candy in it and i have enough so all your backup can have some

Castaras
2007-10-14, 12:37 PM
Ooo, you're wanting names?

Castaras. I use that all the time now.

On the rare chance you see Aslandle, that'll be me as well. Can't remember whether I used that in places other than Runescape...

And real life? *shrugs* Quite a few people here know I'm Lizzie.

Those are the two names I use.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-10-14, 01:45 PM
my van has candy in it and i have enough so all your backup can have some

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Party van!

SurlySeraph
2007-10-14, 03:18 PM
Let's see...
SurlySeraph here.
MartyredShadow on GameSpot, which I never visit anymore.
doomjimmy on the Bungie Entertainment forums, which I never visit anymore.
Probably a couple others that I've forgotten about because I never visit the relevant forums anymore.

hyperfreak497
2007-10-14, 04:15 PM
Well...

hyperfreak497 originated as my screenname on AIM (my friend made it for me) when I was ten or eleven. After that, I decided it would be easier to just stick with that for everything I made an account on. My email, all forums I use, my old Neopets account, Runescape, everything.

In case anyone was wondering why I had such a crappy username...

Dr. Bath
2007-10-14, 04:35 PM
Well, it's either Solarturtle or Dr. Bath online.

In reality, my nickname is Eggy, and if you can guess from which name it originates you get cake(with sprinkles). It is pretty close to my real name by the way.

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-14, 04:37 PM
Well, it's either Solarturtle or Dr. Bath online.

In reality, my nickname is Eggy, and if you can guess from which name it originates you get cake(with sprinkles). It is pretty close to my real name by the way.

Eddie? Or would it be Eddy?

Amotis
2007-10-14, 04:40 PM
some of you might know me as la chupacabra or baba yaga. i do bad things.

Cyrano
2007-10-14, 06:37 PM
D'anna Biers, Malakess, The Prefect, The Dweller, , Helpi'mtrappedinausernamefactory (some places allow usernames as long as this), Lucy, Shepherd, trenchcoatl, Panflute, woodwind, Eyeless Dastard, toothless man, Superworm, Jake, "Don't call me Jake" Jake, "Why are you calling me Jake it's not my name Jake", Mr. Guy, Wierdofacepantsman, Alabaster, Melanin Deficiency, Sleepless, I dunno, maybe some other ones.

Skippy
2007-10-15, 12:16 AM
Helpi'mtrappedinausernamefactory

Loved that one!!

I'm known around the interwebs as Radikalskippy and Hikari no Bushi. Not too many nicks, huh?

StupidFatHobbit
2007-10-15, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure whether this is about screen names or actually portraying yourself as different people. I have a few different screen names, but they're all the same identity - mine.

Anything I post is me; it isn't a persona I'm trying to portray. Apart from the obvious differences between written and spoken language, anything I say online is pretty much exactly what I'd say in the same conversation offline.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-10-15, 12:42 AM
I only have two online (as in usernames). This one that I use here and at a couple of photography sites and another one for game sites I haven't used in a while because I don't have the time for games anymore.

And I had a fake ID (with my real name and fake age on it) before I turned 19.

But personality masks.... man I have lots of those. They're not fake personalities (even though they mostly depend on who I'm around at the moment). They're all a part of me, just sometimes I have to not show a part of me that might offend some people, and sometimes they don't want to come out based on my mood (if I'm pissed off at not getting any attention from people around me, chances are "therapist" isn't going to kick in, it's going to be the "entertainer.")

Serpentine
2007-10-15, 01:20 AM
You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves, for not getting my terribly witty joke :smallannoyed: Just for that, I'm not telling you my real alteregos, so ner :smallyuk:

some of you might know me as la chupacabra or baba yaga. i do bad things.Ooooo can I see your chicken-foot house and go for a ride in your mortar? Especially the ride. That looks like fun.

StupidFatHobbit
2007-10-15, 08:47 AM
You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves, for not getting my terribly witty joke.

I think that's probably because there are relatively few of us online who grew up reading Footrot Flats.

I'm one of them. *waves*

Better now?

Serpentine
2007-10-15, 09:00 AM
Much. Thank you ^_^

banjo1985
2007-10-15, 09:07 AM
Heh, well I'm usually just Banjo eberywhere, but I used to use another quite often:

itsjustdave

I stopped using that when people kept on calling me Dave. That's not my name, I just thought it was funny :smalleek:

B-Man
2007-10-15, 09:16 AM
On-line: I'm known as B-Man, b-man777, bman777, Bea, Bee, B

Off-line: B-Man, preferred family name, actual family name, first name

IRL, I really dislike being called by my first name by a lot of people, but I often sound too uptight when I always correct people into calling me by my family name (either one). I really only prefer my close friends and family calling me by my first name. I'm also trying to get my close friends to refer to me as B-Man more and more frequently (because I've had this nickname since Grade 7 :smallcool:).

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-15, 09:37 AM
Astarte and StarGazeR are two of the nicks I use on other forums.

In real life, I'm just Sofia. :smallsmile:

Trog
2007-10-15, 10:39 AM
*floats four feet above the covers. Speaks in a demonic growl*

There is no identity only Zul Trog.

*AHEM*

Er...hey? Wha? :smalleek:

*Floats for a bit*

Trog needs to go to the bathroom... any ideas on how Trog gets down? Morning wood, Trog's heard of, but this is just a whooooooole new sort of "getting up" in the morning.

*floats more*

Knew I should ate more at dinner last night.... and laid off the helium balloons.

*sails out the window*

Cobra_Ikari
2007-10-15, 10:40 AM
I have a hard enough time keeping track of one identity.

>.>

Reinboom
2007-10-15, 10:52 AM
SweetRein,Bunnie,BunnieRein,Rein,Reina,Rayna,Rayne ,Rayn,Rain,Raina,Reign,Rain of Tears,Goddess of Tears,Soul of Tears,Epicenter,Aleen,Mouse,Sweet,SZSweet,SZG,Blue ,_Sk_ (assumed character on RO, not originally mine),The Endless Winter
Not considering a lot of my earlier titles/names nor the ones directly intended for RP purposes (Reina/Reina) (Reina [Cat]) (Reina [Catgirl]) are all different.

Offline - I've had many nicknames - many I'm not willing to repeat.
"Raina" seams to be the most common (instead of Reina - which is pronounced differently). I am also referred to by my last name quite commonly (Sweet).

The Valiant Turtle
2007-10-15, 11:31 AM
I don't use Raldor much beyond here, but I don't really post often anywhere else. I use rkthoadan on several sites and sometimes I have Turtle related nicks, most prominently the Valiant Turtle. I was planning on changing to a turtle nick here back in the days when we could change usernames.

In college I was often known as KrazyKen (my name being Ken) which is weird because quite frankly, I'm not nearly that exciting of a person.

Dr. Bath
2007-10-16, 12:55 PM
Eddie? Or would it be Eddy?

Close. But since both are shortened versions of other names, you're almost there. *shudder* If I was called Eddy *shudder again*

@v Closer, but it's a more obscure Ed-something.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-16, 01:49 PM
Edward?
Eduardo?:smallbiggrin: