PDA

View Full Version : Life Leech Spells??

OGDojo
2019-09-07, 06:03 AM
So i was making breakfast and thinking about one of my D&D characters (As you do) And i had an evil (Albeit Brilliant) thought.

What if you put a life leech ability on your Kusari-gama that already gives you a 10 ft range, couple it with the great reach bracers that increase your base to 15 ft meaning the kusari-gama would double that into a 30 ft reach. meaning your threatened area is a 30 ft radius around you... you could literally never fall, and if you have the Warder (PF,PoW) class you gain an ability at 1st level that gives you combat reflexes AND changes the main ability modifier for combat reflexes from Dex to Int. with the Savant template that gives you a +10 to intelligence you can easily get 9 AoO each round each one draining health or used for trip attempts. Thoughts??

Also does anyone know of a better life leech spell than Doom Scarabs from PHB2 in D&D 3.5 if so please post it.

The Viscount
2019-09-07, 11:26 AM
I'm a fan of Channeled Lifetheft, because you can modify how long to cast for greater return.
Vampiric Touch is the classic spell for life leech, and it's good too.

ShurikVch
2019-09-08, 09:05 AM
How about psionics? Vampiric Blade (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/vampiricBlade.htm) :smallwink:

From spells - there are also Healing Sting (Spell Compendium), Power Leech (Book of Vile Darkness), and Ensul's Soultheft (City of Splendors: Waterdeep)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-09-08, 09:30 AM
Wrathful Healing is a magic weapon ability from the book Enemies and Allies. It costs a +3, and heals the wielder for half of all the damage dealt by the weapon.