PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5e] Enlarging the size of spell lists with in-class block spell lists (e.g. Adept)

IraWolf
2019-09-08, 11:38 PM
Mostly title; I was wondering if there was any good way to enlarge spell lists for classes who, rather than having an external spell list which is later improved by other books like Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, and Spell Compendium, have in-class block spell lists which (to my knowledge) are never added to in future material. Thanks in advance. :D

Thurbane
2019-09-08, 11:58 PM
There are a handful of books that expand the Adept spell list: Complete Champion, Lords of Madness, and maybe one or two others...

As a memorised caster, you also have access to Sanctified or Corrupt spells (depending on your alignment) as well.

Eberron has an arcane version of the Adept called the Magewright who accesses a different list.

You can also use feats, dips and PrCs to expand the spell list of most classes...

In additional, Spell Compendium has some general advice/guidelines for a DM to expand the list of classes that weren't updated in other books, such as the Healer.

IraWolf
2019-09-09, 12:01 AM
Ohhhhh, can't believe I forgot about Sanctified Spells lmao. XD

AKA the things that save Healers.

Thurbane
2019-09-09, 12:36 AM
If you can qualify, Sand Shaper is a great PrC for expanding a spell list.

This is also pretty handy: Ways to Expand a Spell List (III) (http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=2777.0)