PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Just the FACTotum

Great Dragon
2019-09-09, 02:04 PM
After some Playtesting, I now agree that the Factotum being a Subclass of Bard is just easier.

Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?581351-Converting-3-5-Factotum-to-5e&highlight=Factotum)

Third +1 skill. Arcane Dilettante "At 3rd level the Factotum acquires a wider understanding of magic. They know that with a few weird hand gestures and an array of bizarre words, you can conjure up something."
Able to Choose spells from the Sorcerer and Wizard lists. Does not increase number known.

Sixth Helping Hand: As a Reaction spend an Inspiration to reduce damage by half to any ally (including yourself) within 30 feet.

Survivor's Piety: "Factotums are legendary for the number of holy symbols, lucky trinkets, and blessed items they keep handy. As the saying goes, there are no atheists in the dungeon."

Able to learn Guiding Bolt, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Death Ward, Scrying, True Seeing, Divine Word, Sunburst, and (?).

By spending an Inspiration can do Radiant damage to a single visible Undead within 30 feet.

Fourteenth Reflexive Defense. Spend an Inspiration as a Reaction to give Advantage on the current save to self or an ally within 60 feet.

I'll be trying to Playtest this.
Comments welcomed.

Great Dragon
2019-09-10, 11:35 AM
Well, I sat down and redid the original playtest PC based on this idea.

It's still in the White Room, but:
Quite frankly, the Factotum being "Everything" in 3x doesn't really seem to work for 5e.

Factotum: Bard Subclass

03rd +1 skill.
Arcane Dilettante "At 3rd level the Factotum acquires a wider understanding of magic. They know that with a few weird hand gestures and an array of bizarre words, you can conjure up something."
Able to Choose spells from the Sorcerer and Wizard lists. Does not increase number known.

Survivor's Piety: "Factotums are legendary for the number of holy symbols, lucky trinkets, and blessed items they keep handy. As the saying goes, there are no atheists in the dungeon."
Able to learn Guiding Bolt, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Death Ward, Scrying, True Seeing, Divine Word, Sunburst, and Mass Heal.

By spending an Inspiration can do Radiant damage to a single visible Undead within 30 feet.

06th Helping Hand: As a Reaction spend an Inspiration to reduce damage by half to yourself or any ally within 30 feet.

14th Reflexive Defense. Spend an Inspiration as a Reaction to gain Advantage on the current save.

real need for Arcane Dilettante, since the only spell I took from Sor/Wiz was Fire Bolt.

As such I'm thinking of Arcane Dilettante and Survivor's Piety and moving to 3rd level.

Need something to replace
I'm leaving it at Helping Hands for the 6th level Feature.

(Space Saved for PC information)