PDA

View Full Version : DM Help One Shot Plot Help

Xavrias
2019-09-09, 07:19 PM
I'm running a oneshot for some new and old players who are good friends of mine, so I need something interesting, but not too complicated.

So far I'm just running on a vague idea, the game will be about 4-5 hours long, and will be a spoof of Harry Potter somewhat. The players, (all IRL university friends of mine) are freshman at the Wizarding Academy of Rigorous Training for Hypnotism, Occultism, and General Sorcery (better known by its Acronym W.A.R.T.H.O.G.S.) and have arrived for orientation. Each character (premade) will be based on a student archetype, A popular kid, jokester, try hard, goth person, street rat, and stoner. Probably mostly wizards, maybe a bard and arcane trickster in there though.

My current thought is to have some kind of fraternity or secret society hazing gone wrong scenario or some such, but I don't have much in terms of ideas thus far. Basically, this is a general call for any brainstorming you can come up with. All ideas are welcome!

Nidgit
2019-09-09, 07:35 PM
My thoughts would be some sort of fraternity prank based on stealing something from the kitchens or another frat's homeroom, or an attempt to interfere with an intramural sporting event.

In any case, the headmaster should grant boons to different frats based entirely on the whims of a d20, but should shrug and vanish at the sight of serious danger.

TyGuy
2019-09-12, 07:43 AM
Maybe a 'solve the mystery' goal with a major red herring and plot twist like the books' format.

Something like the students think other houses are doing something annoying as a prank. Something that students aren't capable of so it's perplexing. But in the end it turns out to be an insane house elf.