PDA

View Full Version : Dice Tray with Storage and life counter and spell slots

Drache64
2019-09-09, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I am going to make my own if none exist, but I have been looking and cannot find anything like what I am thinking of.

The design is simple, a wooden box about 3 inches tall, 6 inches wide and 8 inches long.

Inside the box is a rubber mat for rolling your dice, and spin down counters to keep track of your current HP and spell slots.

I hand write my character in a leather bound journal that fits perfectly inside.

The idea is that when I travel I drop my journal and dice into the box and close the lid. When I get to the table I place the lid under the box, take out my journal and set my current HP and spell slots.

Now I have everything I need neatly in front of me and I am not going to hog too much table space for it, it looks nice and travels well.

If no one knows of this then I am simply going to but a box at hobby lobby that fits my dimensions, and glue and mousepad on the inside, I will buy the Magic the Gathering life counters and glue/liquid weld the life counters inside for the HP and spell slot trackers.

J-H
2019-09-10, 09:29 AM
I don't know about Magic, but that sounds like a good idea. Do you have your eye on a particular dial to use for tracking HP?

(I play D&D, so I'd probably need 3 dials for hundreds/tens/ones).

Drache64
2019-09-11, 07:19 AM
I don't know about Magic, but that sounds like a good idea. Do you have your eye on a particular dial to use for tracking HP?

(I play D&D, so I'd probably need 3 dials for hundreds/tens/ones).

Best dials I find only go to 99 which works for everything but health at high levels.

https://www.amazon.com/Archenemy-Nicol-Spinning-Spindown-COUNTER/dp/B073465RQ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=magic+the+gathering+ health+tracker&qid=1568204346&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1