PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I need help with mini games for more down time event stuff.

FoxWolFrostFire
2019-09-10, 02:32 AM
Okay so I had afew ideas for stated out games players can do during some events. Such as during a harvest Festival or gypsy fair. But I would like more, feel free to use any of these as well if you like them. But do please share some of yours with me.

Caber Toss
Str check
1-7=0 points
8-12=1 point
13-16=2 points
17-19=3 points
20=4 points

Log roll

Each must make and Athletics check to take control of the way the log was spinning. The loser must make Athletics/Acrobatics check opposed by your opponent’s Athletics check or fall off.

If you are controlling the long, you can use your action to spin the log faster, Make an Athletics check vs your opponent’s Athletics/Acrobatics check

You can use your action to make an Athletics check to spin the log against your opponent already spinning the log at a Disadvantage, if you succeed then your opponent must make an Acrobatics check at Disadvantage against your Athletics check

Archery/Axe Toss/Hammer Throw
3 Ranged Attack Roll

1-5 = miss
6-10 = 1 point
11-16 = 3 points
17-20= 5 points
21+10 points
Natural 20 is another bullseye which will split the arrow if any other were hit there before

Catch the pig
Grapple contest in difficult slippery terrain seven pigs in total

The pig has a +10 to acrobatics rolls to escape grapples and a move speed of 35ft and ignores difficult Terrain

Every ten feet moved you must make an Acrobatics check of 15 or fall prone.

Tug-o-War
Each team has five members, each performing Athletics checks. If the combined number is higher than your opponents, you gain a tally, and they lose a tally. First to zero tallies loses. Each team starts with three tallies.

Pie Eating Contest
Con Save
First to eat 5 pies wins
Every pie eaten must make an increasingly difficult con saving throw 5,7,14,18,25, Eating a pie takes an action, but if you make the saving throw at Disadvantage you can eat another pie as a bonus action.

Beast Race
Each rider makes a handle animal check first to 300 points wins
1-4= 10 points
5-10 = 20 point
11-15 = 40 points
16-20 = 60 points

Hedge Maze
Must make a total of five successful checks DC 13, Either using Wisdom Survival or Intelligence Investigation, Each check takes five minutes to finish.

Scavenger Hunt
Eagle Feather - Found in a hat given out from the jester for telling him a joke
Stone Coin - Found in the bottom of DOS BOOT drinking mug in the tavern tent gotten to by a toss the coin drinking game using sleight of hand.
Silver acorn - Hidden in the puppetshow stall. tricking, talking, or scaring the puppet into giving it over
“Golden” Apple - found at the center of the hedge maze
Pink Bow - found on the tail of the Catch the pig

Rover Fair
Each fair game will offer you for the first time winning the game that day a ticket of varying values. These tickets can be used to buy nicknacks and some magic items Common-Uncommon

Test of Strength-3 gold to play
Make a strength check by dropping a hammer down onto a lever weight to try and ring a bell. 0-6 not at all through a quarter, 7-9 half way up, 10-12 near the top, and 13+ Rings the bell and wins which wins you 3 tickets
Dart Toss-2gold to play
You get five targets and make a shot at five bulloons of varying challanges. Str or Dex, throw a dart at two DC 5, two DC 10, one DC 15 Popping the first four 1 ticket, popping all 5 2 tickets

Drinking Tent-3 gold per person to play
On top of other personal contests, the drinking tournament is worth up too 10 tickets per split about the players evenly and is made up of three rounds of five drinks

Memory Game
Using a Int Investigation check or Wis Perception check to find the proper card shown. The D/Cs are for a simple one DC 7, Medium one DC 14, Hard 19, At any point the person who is showing the cards and throw in a mix up. If there is a mix up in one of two ways. Give the players Disadvantage on a round or set a DC 20 trick in which the card has no matching partner on the table.

Sariel Vailo
2019-09-10, 03:52 AM
https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2018/08/siegeball-sourcebook-free.html?m=1 a sports game for all to play and bet on
https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2019/03/drinks-and-drinking-contests.html for more official drinking contests
https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/09/tourney-rules.html?m=1 a grand tourney and melee
https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/09/wizarding-contests.html rules for a wizarding or magical contest

TyGuy
2019-09-11, 03:11 PM
Not really a game, but I think fortune telling either by crystal ball or tarot cards would fit nicely on that list

BestMaster46
2019-09-11, 03:48 PM
I don't have anything specific, but I've found it can be really fun to use any of the ideas above between players - so they are playing against each other rather than against NPCs.