PDA

View Full Version : SU abilities and Wild Shape

Benejeseret
2007-10-14, 11:29 AM
Am I behind the times?

1. My understanding is that wild shape does not grant EX abilities (until later levels - MoMF).

2. My understanding is that wild shape never grants SU abilities on its own. There is one feat from SS, but it is highly debated and poorly worded how specific it is, and whether it is one SU per form or one SU period.

Why my confusion?

Exalted Wild Shape: takes celestial forms - great, takes additional magical beast forms - OK, takes Blink Dog............waaaait a minute.

Blink Dog's ability to blink is SU and dimension door is SU. So why on earth 'allow' exalted wildshape Blink Dog to give a weak, funny looking dog form with no abilities?

Either the author had a mental blockage, or they are implying (because a non-SU blink dog is so, sooo bad) that you would get its SU abilities.

Are my above 2 assumptions still correct?

Raolin_Fenix
2007-10-14, 11:31 AM
Seems correct. In general, I think they get anything on the Special Attack line, but nothing on the Special Qualities line. For example, they can get a tiger's Pounce, but not a dog's Scent.

... Which... really makes no sense at all. Why do you get to do things that a tiger has learned to do, but you don't get things that the dog gets just for being a dog? Ugh. Rules are silly sometimes.

lord_khaine
2007-10-14, 11:32 AM
under exaltet wildshape it says you get the supernatural abilities of those forms, its a special trait of that feat.