PDA

View Full Version : Fall of Arkhosia IC

Rakaydos
2019-09-11, 04:14 PM
OOC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?597207-The-Fall-of-Arkhosia-OOC

When the Bael Turath delegation went to see the Ancient Blue Voice of Tiamat, it was considered unusual, but not particularly threatening. But when the heads and wings on 9 pit fiends, each in the livery of a different House of Bael Turath rose over the colluseum where the Voice heald court, chasing the ancient blue through the skies, it was a different matter.

But in the commotion, a young paladin's hasty entrance to the Heir's chambers was almost unnoticed. Bleeding from cuts and stabs, he reached the Heir's presence before collapsing, panting out his warning through pain and injury. "Imps and devils... Imps and devils..."

Quagmire
2019-09-11, 05:45 PM
Bran was picking his teeth with a dagger when the attack happened. He quickly leapt out of the overly luxurious cushioned chair he was sitting in and rushed towards the paladin.

By Grumush’s teeth, you’re pretty Scuttered. Someone get this man a medic. Don’t conk out on me now, stay with us. How many were there? And how big devils are we talkin?

He gets back up from the man’s side and looks up to Rokshas, who he seems to treat as a leader. He briefly gestures to the Blue Heir as he talks, completely ignoring formality in this emergency situation.

What’s the move, Captain? Do we get Blue out of here, or stay put and defend ourselves? Or is there a way to help out big blue up there?

Rakaydos
2019-09-11, 06:42 PM
The Heir is currently asleep.

Anyone who's paying attention can roll Religion, or Perception.

RandomWombat
2019-09-11, 07:11 PM
Much like the Heir, Ayo had been taking a pleasant nap before the paladin so rudely burst in. Unlike the dragon, however, he was not such a heavy sleeper. From his spot lounging on a long couch with silken blue cushions, the red dragonborn shoots up and rolls off. He lands on one knee, already getting to his feet, hand on the hilt of his sword - when he sees that the noise that woke him from his slumber was not an attack. At least, not an attack here. The paladin falls to his knees as Ayo rises from them.

Sighing, Ayo rolls his neck and shoulders to limber up after being in one position for a few hours. The kid is probably walking dead anyways, so no point worrying about his condition. "Imps and devils, imps and devils. You don't say. I take it the bighorns' meeting didn't go over well?"

Much like Bran, his first thought is to turn to Rokshas, his blue counterpart. "I think whatever we do it warrants waking sleeping beauty. Dibs out, don't feel like being a snack if she wakes up cranky."

MinotaurWarblad
2019-09-11, 08:39 PM
Gongji stands still beside the door, impassively picking at her fangs with her claws. Her fur was on end, but until she was commanded she felt no obligation to act.

upho
2019-09-12, 12:07 AM
Sitting in his usual chair next to the doors leading to the Heir's private chambers, immersed in his worn copy of "The Storm Knight's Field Prayers" with a deeply furrowed brow, the sudden commotion and Bran's voice snaps Rokshas' attention back to the here and now. "Io's Blood! Stand back comrades, and allow me to bring the Tears of Bahamut to this brave knight!"

He rushes to his feet and across the room to kneel by the bleeding paladin's side, one hand briefly rummaging his belt pouch until he finds a tiny flask. He quickly pulls its sealed stopper, gently opens the paladin's mouth, and then unceremoniously empties the flask into it, ensuring every drop is swallowed. "That should at least keep him out of the Raven Queen's grasp for now, though I fear it may be hours before he regains his consciousness. And yes Bran, her Excellency must be informed at once, and judging by the dire condition of this poor messenger, her life may very well be at risk as well. Hmm... Imps and devils..."

Rokshas stands up, addressing everyone in the vicinity: "Quickly now, make sure everyone is awake and prepared for battle! If the fiends are trying to kill the Blue Voice, it's likely they're looking to kill the Heir as well."

Turning to Ayo: "Worry not, Sir Afalayan, I'll inform our mistress. And who knows, maybe today you may not just escape the jaws of our Lady again, but also gain the honor of facing the jaws of her most formidable infernal enemies! Perhaps your bravery in battle may even convince her that you can provide more valuable services than one breakfast!"

Rokshas then knocks firmly on the doors to the Heir's chambers.

Potion of Healing: the paladin spends a surge (if any) and regains 10 hp.

Religion Check (+6): [roll0]

Snowbluff
2019-09-12, 12:51 AM
Drathrundrial

Drath is slinking around the pillars drapes on the sides of the room, keeping out of sight, which is usually what she does when she's unoccupied or merely bored. The drow's skin is a deep grey, and her hair white and wavy, and she wears fine, albeit dark, clothing. When the doors burst open, she instinctively drew a dagger, but she sheathed it again when she saw it was one of their own. Still, he ranted about fiends, which are a variety of creatures she found unpalatable.

"Well, I must say that these demons will find no welcome from me," Drathrundrial says softly, appearing in the chamber so that everyone knew she was present. "Is there anyone else I should be waking up, or should I play the part of host when our guests arrive?" she asks. Still, despite her smirk, she crosses her arms defensively. The demons always gave her a bad feeling back in the Underdark. It seems her distaste for them hasn't faded over time.

masteraleph
2019-09-12, 08:44 AM
Riswynn has been staring out a window at the landscape, idly contemplating the landscape. Overhead a cool breeze is flowing around, looking like a large dust devil 6 feet off the ground. They pet a small (for the breed) owlbear, scratching behind the ears.

On hearing the report, they shift almost impercetibly, scanning the landscape for threats.

"Imps and devils here, you say? The land will scream out, and rise. We shall crush them, right Beaky? Swirly, do you see anything?"

Riswynn: [roll0]
Beaky: [roll1]
Swirly: [roll2]

Note: Beaky and swirly are both of animal intelligence, and communicate as such. So they can give an alarm if they see devils or something, but they can't actually tell Riswynn anything verbally, and they might not notice, say, traps on a floor.

RandomWombat
2019-09-12, 10:10 AM
Ayo folds his arms and hmphs at Rokshas, then remembers something he heard a long time ago. His eyes widen a little and he quickly says, "Wait. Can't imps go invisible? Like horrible little hell-wasps? What if there are imps here with us right now?"

Rakaydos
2019-09-12, 10:42 AM
Riswynn has been staring out a window at the landscape, idly contemplating the landscape. Overhead a cool breeze is flowing around, looking like a large dust devil 6 feet off the ground. They pet a small (for the breed) owlbear, scratching behind the ears.

On hearing the report, they shift almost impercetibly, scanning the landscape for threats.

"Imps and devils here, you say? The land will scream out, and rise. We shall crush them, right Beaky? Swirly, do you see anything?"

Beaky: [roll1]
Swirly: [roll2]

Note: Beaky and swirly are both of animal intelligence, and communicate as such. So they can give an alarm if they see devils or something, but they can't actually tell Riswynn anything verbally, and they might not notice, say, traps on a floor.

Ayo folds his arms and hmphs at Rokshas, then remembers something he heard a long time ago. His eyes widen a little and he quickly says, "Wait. Can't imps go invisible? Like horrible little hell-wasps? What if there are imps here with us right now?"
With Ayo's comment, Swirly squaks and lands on seemingly thin air, pecking at it. Riswynn realizes they have been hearing motion elsewhere in the room.

Initiatives! (and locations)

masteraleph
2019-09-12, 11:19 AM
As noted, Riswynn and friends are by the window, wherever that might be in the room. Is there a map?

[roll0]

Rakaydos
2019-09-12, 11:59 AM
As noted, Riswynn and friends are by the window, wherever that might be in the room. Is there a map?

[roll0]

Nope, I asked you guys to hash out the room at the start of the scene.

Quagmire
2019-09-12, 02:25 PM
Invisible demons! Where?

Bran started looking around, clearly unprepared for dealing with invisible enemies. He was still near the middle of the room, in between the sleeping dragon and the dying paladin.

Snowbluff
2019-09-12, 04:40 PM
[roll0] It's my init.

Quagmire
2019-09-12, 05:46 PM
Brawn [roll0]

Last roll didn’t work, sorry

RandomWombat
2019-09-12, 07:37 PM
Ayo is located near a silk couch on the east side of the room.

[roll0]

MinotaurWarblad
2019-09-12, 08:51 PM
Even after noticing the presence of an invisible imp, Gongji takes her time pulling out a long chain covered in barbed spikes.
Suddenly, she whirls it in an arc around her immediate vicinity, almost seeming to dance with it more than trying to actually hit anything. Almost.
[roll0]

Rakaydos
2019-09-14, 07:23 AM
Gongii 11
Ayo 17
Brawn 19
Riswynn 21
Drath 24
Group 1 init: [roll0]
Group 2 init: [roll1]
Group 3 init: [roll2]
Group 4 init: [roll3]
Group 5 init: [roll4]

Since accomidations are sized fro dragons, I'm going to say most of you are a move action away from the center of the room. and a move action away from each other.

Drath, you are pretty sure Swirly has landed on SOMETHING.
Riswynn, with your perception check, you believe there to be 2 Small creatures in 10' of you, including Swirly's target. Gonjii, on the far side of the room, also thinks she has 2 near her.

Rakaydos
2019-09-14, 07:33 AM
Drath, you suddenly find you have bigger problems, as a pair of 4' tall batwinged creatures reveal themselves, tails already striking, shouting profanities in the language of angels.

Group 5:
Imp 1- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll0] vs AC, If it hits, [roll1] damage, and [roll2] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-Invisibility broken-
Imp 2- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll3] vs AC, If it hits, [roll4] damage, and [roll5] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-invisibility broken-

These two imps are flanking Drath (their health is halved, because MM1 math)

Quagmire
2019-09-14, 09:41 AM
Current initiative order:

28 Group 5
24 Drath
22 Group 4
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1 and Ayo
14 Group 2
12 Group 3
11 Gonji

Snowbluff
2019-09-14, 10:07 AM
Drathrundrial and Renor Sariya

"Bastards!" Drath shouts, calling lightning at one of the imps with her dagger. Renor Sariya, Drath's panther companion growls at the imps.

If she kills both imps, both her and Renor will move up to Group 1.

Renor's aura prevent enemies from getting combat advantage on Drath.

Drath casts Lightning Strike (No AoO from shimmering armor)
[roll0] +2 CA from Renor
[roll1] Lightning Damage, ignored 5 resist.
The other Imp will take 5 damage as the secondary target.

Saving Throw Versus Poison [roll2]
Drath takes 5 from the poison.

Snowbluff
2019-09-14, 10:09 AM
Critical does max damage, so 17 points on lightning on the primary target.
Furthermore, [roll0] bonus damage from lancing dagger and [roll1] from a +2 implement?

Rakaydos
2019-09-14, 10:34 AM
The criticaled imp goes down, the other isnt even bloody.

Slightly slower off the mark, the imps around Riswynn split their attention, one distracted by the bird that had betrayed their presence, the other staying focused on the healer.

Group 5:
Imp 1 on Swirly- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll0] vs AC, If it hits, [roll1] damage, and [roll2] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-Invisibility broken, inside Swirly's concealment-
Imp 2 on Riswynn- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll3] vs AC, If it hits, [roll4] damage, and [roll5] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-invisibility broken-

upho
2019-09-14, 07:12 PM
Rokshas uncoils the spiked chain from his belt.

https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,h_419/v1568506231/Rokshas_shadowed_lv7rt1.png

[roll0]

Please see the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?597207-The-Fall-of-Arkhosia-OOC&p=24147303#post24147303) regarding map!

masteraleph
2019-09-14, 10:27 PM
"Try sneaking up on us, will you?! We'll get you for that! Red claw, go help Drath! Beaky, Swirly, help cover me! Something that looks like a red panther appears next to Drath and his panther companion, who I presume are adjacent(?) to the remaining imp that attacked them. Drath feels invigorated (gains 3 temporary hp) and takes a swing at the imp.

Drath, do you need healing? (if the answer's yes, I'll use a healing minor before spirit infusion below).

Swirly's debris field means that Riswynn and Swirly both had partial concealment for those attacks. Swirly takes the 8 damage (17hp remaining), but the sting fails. Edit: Both attacks on Riswynn hit. Will roll for save vs. poison in next post.

Spirit Infusion: Drath makes an MBA (Ensorcelled Blade) with a +2 power bonus to hit and +3 to damage.

Attack: [roll0] vs. AC, dealing [roll1] damage

Red claw the -not panther- disappears

masteraleph
2019-09-15, 11:32 PM
[roll0]
Note- dwarves have +5 to saves vs. poison, something I've never used before in any 4e game.

Quagmire
2019-09-16, 02:57 PM
Brawn:

Ac 19 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 14
46/46 HP

Brawn leaps into action, drawing his rapier from his battle harness and activating its lightning enchantment by pressing the pommel. He rushes into the melee but is taken aback when Drath simply slices one of the Imps in half.

“That’s some mighty fine shanking, knife-ears. Do all of ya underground elves know how to fight like that?”

He moves to flank the Imp, slashing with his rapier in what appears to be a classical Arkhosian dueling form. After that first slash though, he draws his knife and intentionally leaves his guard open, ready to attack once the imp gets closer.

Quagmire
2019-09-16, 03:01 PM
Mechanics-y bits that didn’t work last time

Free action: draw rapier (battle harness makes it a free action)

Free action: draw dagger

free action: activate lightning weapon

Move action: Move to Q6 going around the pillar to avoid AoO, flanking the imp with Drath’s panther

Action: Attack with Riposte Strike with rapier and combat advantage. [roll0] vs AC
Damage: [roll1] lightning
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

Slide the Imp 1 square to Q7 (Mark of the storm) and gain combat advantage against it until the ending my next turn (deadly draw)

If the target attacks me or an ally adjacent to me before the start of my next turn, I make a riposte against the target as an immediate interrupt: a [roll3] vs. AC attack that deals [roll4] damage.

Quagmire
2019-09-16, 04:03 PM
28 Group 5
24 Drath
22 Group 4
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1
17 Ayo
14 Group 2
12 Group 3
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas

Rakaydos
2019-09-17, 06:51 AM
Two more imps appear around Gonji, on either side of the pillar, though their attacks are a bit hesitant- glancing over at where Drath had dropped one of their number instantly. [stick with the plan, stick with the plan!] they screech.

Group 1:
Imp 1 on Gonji sting (combat advantage): [roll0] vs AC, If it hits, [roll1] damage, and [roll2] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
Imp 2 on Gonji- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll3] vs AC, If it hits, [roll4] damage, and [roll5] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-invisibility broken-

Rakaydos
2019-09-17, 08:02 AM
28 Group 5 (on Drath)
24 Drath
22 Group 4 (on Riswynn)
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1 (On Gonji)
17 Ayo
14 Group 2 (?)
12 Group 3 (?)
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas

Added a whos-who to the imp groups.

RandomWombat
2019-09-17, 10:58 AM
Hopping over the railing, Ayo strides quickly over to one of the imps attacking the shifter. "Hey ****head, I was busy napping!" Drawn from its sheathe, his blade gleams with a dim red light as he drives it down towards the imp.

Moving to U6, believe I'm flanking the imp on this side of the pillar with Gonji.

Dominator's Strike: [roll0] +2
Combat Advantage: [roll1]
Damage (+4 CA, +1 scabbard): [roll2]
If it hits, he also gains 3 temp hp.

upho
2019-09-17, 04:29 PM
Potential Interrupt Notice!

The first ally during the encounter who is targeted by an attack while within 2 of both Rokshas and the attacker triggers his Guardian's Counter. This happens after any interrupt made by the ally and triggered by the same attack has been resolved, and then only if the ally remains within 2 of Rokshas and the attacker is alive within 2 of the targeted ally.

The targeted ally and Rokshas swap positions through free shifts, and Rokshas becomes the target of the triggering attack. After the triggering attack has been resolved, Rokshas makes a free MBA against the attacker:

MBA Attack: (1d20+12)[29] vs AC (adjust for temporary bonuses/penalties)
Effect: Target is marked until the end of Rokshas next turn (hit or miss).
MBA Hit: (2d4+5)[10] lightning damage (adjust for temporary bonuses/penalties), and the target is knocked prone. Rokshas instead slides an already prone target 1 square into the worst possible position.

upho
2019-09-17, 04:36 PM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_718/v1568758076/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_round_1_after_Bran_wd54 jc.png

Rakaydos
2019-09-17, 05:50 PM
5A was bloodied by Drath's MBA, and finished off by Brawn's attack.

Ayo's attack bloodies his target.

Group 2 decloacks behind Ayo, following them up (or is it down?) the stairs.

Group 2:
Imp 1 on Ayo- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll0] vs AC, If it hits, [roll1]damage, and [roll2] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
Imp 2 on Ayo- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll3] vs AC, If it hits, [roll4]damage, and [roll5] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-invisibility broken-

Group 3, as the rest of the room descends into chaos, execute a perfectly synchronized flanking attack on Rokshas as he stands by the door.
Imp 1 on Rokshas- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll6] vs AC, If it hits, [roll7]damage, and [roll8] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
Imp 2 on Rokshas- Tail sting (combat advantage): [roll9] vs AC, If it hits, [roll10]damage, and [roll11] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-invisibility broken-

upho
2019-09-17, 06:37 PM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_713/v1568792212/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_round_1_after_Bran_n8wb st.png

Quagmire
2019-09-17, 09:24 PM
As Brawn finishes off the imp he was fighting, he looks at the chaos around him and realizes something.

Wait a sec, this don’t add up. If they’re trying to shank a dragon, why in the nine would they send these clugs? If you’re in s rumble with the other crews rookies, that means their real plan is somewhere else. Like one of those big guys in the sky could wreck the guard here, so why send a buncha imps?

He stays in a defensive position watching in case a bigger devil materializes

(No mechanics here, just talking as a free action)

Snowbluff
2019-09-17, 09:33 PM
Drathrundrial and Renor Sariya

After shanking the imp, Drath smiles and nods at Rhyswinn. "Thanks for the assist. Some healing would be nice. IN the meantime, these bastards are only here to clear us out and scouting, I'd bet."

MinotaurWarblad
2019-09-19, 09:54 AM
Gongji whips her barbed chain around the imps, and cursed as it fails to find it's mark. She slips between the two devils as her dance falls into rhythm with their footfalls.

Rakaydos
2019-09-19, 11:05 AM
Bottom of the round, you are all somewhat distracted by the combat, but roll perceptions.

Quagmire
2019-09-19, 11:41 AM
Perception: [roll0]

RandomWombat
2019-09-19, 01:20 PM
Perception [roll0]

upho
2019-09-19, 03:59 PM
Rokshas:

Rakaydos
2019-09-19, 04:51 PM
Rokshas:

You think you hear a squeeky hinge, from the side room.

MinotaurWarblad
2019-09-19, 07:17 PM

upho
2019-09-19, 07:24 PM
Rokshas:

"Kord! I think you're right Bran, these little fools - sting as they may - are merely a distraction. I believe I hear someone sneaking into Her Excellency's chamber!"

With crackling noise Rokshas whips out both ends of his spiked chain simultaneously, sending rows of razor-sharp barbs flying towards both imps flanking him.

Funneling Flurry attacks: [roll0] vs AC of imp 3A, [roll1] vs AC of imp 3B, and both are marked until the end of Rokshas next turn.

"You're not worthy opponents, imps! Now kneel before Her Excellency, and pray you can give her a reason to spare your pathetic lives!"

The force of Rokshas attacks sends the imps flying backwards with the ends of his chain whipping around their necks. "I said KNEEL!" he bellows and pulls sharply with both arms at his weapon, loosening its grip on the fiends and bringing them crashing face first into the hard marble floor.

"YOUR EXCELLENCY, I, ROKSHAS, AM NOW ENTERING YOUR CHAMBERS!" Rokshas roars, and flings the heavy double doors open (minor action), immediately looking towards the smaller southern entrance for any signs of entry.

(Rokshas move action depends on what he discovers next.)

upho
2019-09-19, 08:16 PM
Rokshas:
Hit imp 3A: [roll0] lightning damage, slid to P:4 and knocked prone.
Hit imp 3B: [roll1] lightning damage, slid to P:8 and knocked prone.

masteraleph
2019-09-19, 09:41 PM
Perception:

Swirly: [roll1]
Beaky: [roll2]

upho
2019-09-20, 08:25 AM
Rokshas:

"Watch out, my Lady, the sneaky little buggers are invisible!"

Rokshas moves westward (to J7), hoping to cut off any assassins moving towards the Heir.

"What's the matter, don't dare face me? Seems the Nine Hells is nothing but a hide-out for cowardly maggots, squirming under the heel of Asmodeus..."

Rokshas saves against poison [roll0] and his turn ends. (He has so far lost 13 hp; 8 from the attack and 5 ongoing from the poison of imp 3B.)

https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1183/v1568985524/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_end_of_round_1_goyezn.p ng

I've added "Prone" and a light blue "R" to symbolize Rokshas mark to imps 3A and 3B, plus the hp those two (-9 and -8) and imp 1A (-15) have lost so far.

Quagmire
2019-09-20, 11:34 AM
28 Group 5 (no longer alive)
24 Drath
22 Group 4 (on Riswynn)
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1 (On Gonji)
17 Ayo
14 Group 2 (on Ayo)
12 Group 3 (formerly on Rokshas)
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas

Quagmire
2019-09-20, 11:43 AM
Seeing that all the imps between him and the Heir’s quarters have been killed or knocked aside, Brawn yells backwards towards the rest of his team.

”You all need help mopping up those imps or should I follow Roksh? Sounds like he found something there.

(No mechanics, asking IC so I can plan my next turn)

Rakaydos
2019-09-20, 08:06 PM
The heir is groggy, but stirs as Rokshas charges in. <Explain youself,> she growls, still not fully awake.

upho
2019-09-20, 09:50 PM
Rokshas:

"We're being set upon by fiends of Bael Turath, apparently betraying the Empire's hospitality and seeking to end the life of the Great Blue Voice as well as Your Excellency. Numerous imps have infiltrated the palace cloaked by invisibility and have attempted to distract your knights, and I just heard the doors to the Knight Marshals' Hall opened."

Rokshas points towards the now open doors to the south. In Draconic: "So please WAKE UP, because unless whomever opened them have thought better of it and retreated, ASSASSINS ARE HERE at this very moment, my Lady! Please take a step closer to me, and I may shield Your Excellency and briefly hold any would-be murderer scum should they strike before we find them."

Note the Guardian's Counter interrupt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24152927&postcount=33) if the Heir is attacked while within 2 of Rokshas. If she is, Rokshas replaces the normal MBA with his Hold Fast encounter power:

Attack: (1d20+12)[29] vs AC (adjust for temporary bonuses/penalties) as per previous post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24152927&postcount=33).
Damage: [roll0] lightning damage (adjust for temporary bonuses/penalties), and the target is knocked prone and immobilized until the end of Rokshas' next turn.

Snowbluff
2019-09-22, 07:34 AM
Drath

Drath moves up and conjures soem more powerful, and loud, magic!

Howling Tempest
Close burst 1 (9 squares) centered on U6
Storm Magic: Ignore my ally, ignore 5 thunder resist
Minor Sustains Zone.

Attack Versus Fort: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage [roll3] Thunder Damage
Slide Targets to V3-5.

Move Action: Move zone to V4

Enemies who start their turn in burst take 5 Thunder Damage.

upho
2019-09-23, 03:08 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1070/v1569243104/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_round_2.png

Quagmire
2019-09-23, 04:34 PM
24 Drath
22 Group 4 (on Riswynn)
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1 (On Gonji)
17 Ayo
14 Group 2 (on Ayo)
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas

Rakaydos
2019-09-23, 05:32 PM
Drath hits 4a, misses the rest.

Group 4 yelps, and vanishes. (leave "last known location" markers, please.)

masteraleph
2019-09-23, 07:16 PM
"Let's see if we can manage to outfox these foes."

A ghostly pair of foxes appears above Imp 1a, and Gonji feels invigorated (gain 3 thp).

Gonji makes a BA vs. Imp 1a with Overwhelming Strike: [roll0] vs. AC, dealing [roll1] damage if it hits, and knocking it prone. If it hits, Ayo gets in on the action, rolling an MBA with [roll2] vs. AC and dealing [roll3] damage.

Quagmire
2019-09-23, 10:57 PM
-due to invisibility, something else is happening-

Quagmire
2019-09-28, 09:19 PM
Brawn:

Ac 19 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 14
46/46 HP

Brawn guffaws at Riswynn’s joke. That was a good one, Dwarf. Then he turns back towards one of the imps that Rokshas knocked down and sliced at its throat with his dagger to finish it off.

Move to O5
Piercing Strike Imp 3A using my dagger, combat advantage because the imp is prone

[roll0] vs Reflex
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak attack: [roll2]

Quagmire
2019-09-28, 09:21 PM
24 Drath
22 Group 4 (on Riswynn)
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1 (On Gonji)
17 Ayo
14 Group 2 (on Ayo)
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas

upho
2019-09-29, 08:32 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1057/v1569763857/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_round_2.png

Rakaydos
2019-10-01, 06:11 PM
Real life is catching up on me with a vengance- I'm going to be bookless for almost a month becaus emy apartment complex has bedbugs.

Regardless, the remaining imps are each blinking out and moving on their turns.

RandomWombat
2019-10-02, 02:45 PM
Ayo spins around to stab at the imp behind him, his blade burning with freezing-cold dark fire. "The little buggers are slipping away, watch your backs!"

Attacking 2B before it can go invisible. Activating one of my Dread Smites and using Dominator's Strike; spending my 3 Temp hp from last time to gain +3 damage this time.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Dread Smite: 5 Cold and Necrotic damage regardless of whether it hits or not. If the attack hits, it takes 5 ongoing Cold and Necrotic damage (save ends).
Dominator's Strike: If it hits, he gains another 3 temp hp to replace what he spent.

upho
2019-10-03, 04:20 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1062/v1570094126/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_round_2.png

Only 3B likely remains in its last known position in P8, since it probably didn't have enough actions to move after both standing up and becoming invisible.

MinotaurWarblad
2019-10-03, 09:51 AM
Gongji jingles her spiked chain in the air as if trying to lure an animal.
She readies an action to use Overwhelming Strike on the first imp that appears within her reach (2 squares). [roll0], or [roll1] if it is higher against her oath target if no one else is adjacent to it. Damage is [roll2] and the target will be knocked prone on a hit.

upho
2019-10-03, 12:26 PM
Rokshas:

Rokshas moves a few steps closer to the Heir, turning his head in an attempt to look everywhere simultaneously while copying Gonji and spinning both ends of his spiked chain.

"Come on you cowards, show yourselves!"

Rokshas takes another 5 damage from the poison (he has now taken 18 in total), moves to H7, readies an Ardent Strike against the first fiend to become visible within 2.

Ardent Strike
Attack: [roll0] vs AC.
Hit: [roll1] lightning damage and the target is marked by Divine Sanction until the end of Rokshas next turn.

End of turn save vs poison: [roll2]

https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1066/v1570123503/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_Upper_Levels_round_2.png

Rakaydos
2019-10-04, 04:57 PM
Rokshas and the Heir get Perception checks, the heir at -2. DC 19.

upho
2019-10-04, 11:34 PM
"I know you're here somewhere..."

Rokshas: [roll0]
The Heir:[roll1]

Rakaydos
2019-10-05, 07:23 PM
Sniffing around, the Heir turns toward the balcony door, spitting a bolt of lightning that arcs twice before striking the door.

[roll0] vs reflex on 6a

[roll1] vs reflex on 6b

[roll2] lightning damage, miss half damage.

Rakaydos
2019-10-05, 07:26 PM
The group 6 imps stagger into visibility, bloodied, as they try to work the bar on the door.

Strength check: [roll0]
Strength check: [roll1]

Edit: one gets the bar off the door, swinging them open, and screaming out into the open air.

upho
2019-10-05, 10:24 PM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1077/v1570331936/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_round_3.png

Note that imp 3B may very well still remain in P8, since it started its last turn prone.

Quagmire
2019-10-07, 06:34 AM
24 Drath
22 Group 4 (on Riswynn)
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1 (On Gonji)
17 Ayo
14 Group 2 (on Ayo)
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas
? Group 6 and the Heir

Snowbluff
2019-10-07, 01:14 PM
Drath

Drath's eyes narrow, as she examines her surroundings.

Action: like... Lightning Strike the first visible imp.
[roll0]versus reflex
[roll1]

Minor action perception [roll2]

Minor: Sustain Zone

Quagmire
2019-10-07, 08:39 PM
24 Drath
22 Group 4
21 Riswynn
19 Brawn
17 Group 1
17 Ayo
14 Group 2
12 Group 3
11 Gonji
6 Rokshas
? Group 6 and the Heir

Rakaydos
2019-10-09, 06:52 AM
Group 4 attack from invisibility in R7 and S7, on Drath, an air of desperation around them.

4a: to hit (with CA) [roll0] vs AC, Damage [roll1]damage, and [roll2] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-Stealth broken, Drath's readied action goes off, imp 4a goes down-
4b: to hit (with CA) [roll3] vs AC, Damage [roll4]damage, and [roll5] vs Fort to avoid 5 ongoing poison and -2 will defense (save ends both)
-stealth broken-

upho
2019-10-09, 10:22 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1060/v1570634406/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_round_3.png

masteraleph
2019-10-09, 09:45 PM
(OOC note- Drath's Thunder zone is gone because Drath has gone again, and there should- I think? be an imp in R7 as well)

Let's whittle away at some of these monsters! Drath- I think it's time to knock them for a loop, yes?

Move action- Riswynn moves 1 over to W4. Beaky spends 6 squares of movement to T6, while Swirly spends 6 squares to R6 at ground level (remember Swirly flies and so can maneuver over the stairs without slowing down).

Minor action: A ghostly panther appears in directly over Drath's head. Drath gains 3 temp HP.

Standard Action: Spirit Infusion. Drath uses Ensorcelled Blade against Imp 4b. Drath is flanking with Beaky. [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

(OOC notes for everyone-
Drath bisects Imp 4b
Beaky is occupying T6 and has an Aura 1 granting a +2 power bonus against any enemy in that aura- currently none I think
Swirtly is in R6 and has an Aura 2 granting slight obscuration- you have concealment against non-adjacent enemies.)

upho
2019-10-10, 10:46 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/upho/image/upload/c_scale,w_1060/v1570722185/Fall%20of%20Arkhosia/Heir_s_Palace_round_3.png

(OOC note- Drath's Thunder zone is gone because Drath has gone again,Drath sustained it during her turn (see spoiler in Snow's last post above).

and there should- I think? be an imp in R7 as well)Not anymore, since Drath's readied attack killed it the moment it became visible (see Rakaydos last post above).

Quagmire
2019-10-10, 05:14 PM
Bran runs to the place where he last saw an imp, trying to impale it on his knife before it moves. Quit it with the tricks and fight us! he yells at any remaining imps.

Move to P8
Piercing Strike with dagger on 3b if it’s still there, no CA or sneak attack
1d20+13 vs AC
[roll0] damage

Quagmire
2019-10-10, 05:16 PM
Attack roll didn’t work
[roll0]

Also, using Furious Assault as a free action

[roll1] extra damage. So 11 damage total.

So ****ing close.

Rakaydos
2019-10-21, 06:50 PM
(can I get a list of surviving imps and their last known locations?)