PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Do you spring for nicer printing when using a pdf module?

Adar
2019-09-11, 07:05 PM
I realize this is an idiotic question. But hey! This is the internet! Seems appropriate.

I'm really intrigued by some modules that are only sold in PDF format, but I just really prefer the feel of paper in my hands and with having certain things printed out vs. looking on my laptop. So, what do you do? Do you just print on your own inkjet or laser printer? Do you get it printed at a place like FedEx Office so that it can have a glossy cardstock cover and nicer maps? As it is, I find myself shooting photos of smaller maps in printed modules and printing them out at larger size so the details are easier for me to see. (Sucks to get old, but it's better than the alternative.)

Just curious to know what other people like to work with - and whether it's worth the trouble to get a nicer printout than what I can at home.

Kane0
2019-09-11, 07:12 PM
I use the photocopier at work... it can do the punching and binding too

Bjarkmundur
2019-09-12, 02:58 AM
Photocopier here too, although I mostly use it for maps and player handouts, and keep everything else on my tablet.
If I were a rich man (nanananananannaa) I'd love to go all out and have some printed out modules in my bookshelfe.

Brookshw
2019-09-12, 02:42 PM
I don't need more books and things taking up space. After 30 years, if I had kept a physical copy of everything I ever owned I'd have filled the bookshelves in my office. In fact, in many cases I've long thrown out a physical copy of something just to later buy it as a PDF because I wanted to keep the content but avoid filling my house with more "stuff". I've only known one person who ever printed out something and had it bound, and I'm fairly sure that was because it was hard to locate, he was worried of losing the file, and the campaign that used the particular content he printed was one of his favorites.

Laserlight
2019-09-12, 08:15 PM
I print out stuff if I expect to flip back and forth a lot (from the monster on page 132 to the one on page 206, for example). Usually I just print it at home instead of getting professionally done. For RPG books and such (if I know I'm going to actually use them, instead of having them gather dust on my bookcase), I would normally want PDF + hardcopy.