PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Archetype recommendations please

DnDude
2019-09-11, 09:43 PM
Arya stark concept build here. Fighter 5 Rouge 3
Dueling rapier style likely, but twf makes good use of both hands. ASI to dex #1, Charisma then Con, Wis, Int, lastly Str. Obviously assassin at R3 but the fighter archetype has me puzzled.

bid
2019-09-11, 11:21 PM
BM is hard to beat because of riposte.

Assassin assumes the GM will play along, but attack-SA + surge to ready attack when next player acts gives you 2 crit SA on the first round.
If you have few opportunity of ambush, assassin becomes overrated.

chainer1216
2019-09-12, 12:26 AM
Eldritch Knight + Arcane Trickster seems pretty tasty, lots and lots of options and youll never not have a weapon.

Aett_Thorn
2019-09-12, 05:11 AM
Some eventual levels in Warlock for Mask of Many Faces should be worked in there eventually.

But as for Fighter archetype, Battlemaster is good, but i’m going to recommend Samurai. More advantage on attacks is always good to try to crit some sneak attack damage, and I think it works well for an Arya Stark character.

nickl_2000
2019-09-12, 06:59 AM
For Arya you absolutely need Disguise Self. So, that means either Eldritch Knight with that being your non Abjuration/Evocation, Arcane Trickster, or a dip of 2 into Warlock for Mask of Many Faces.

Since it sounds like you want assassin, I would go with EK with Shield (reflavour it as a defensive move instead of magic), Mage Armor (Arya doesn't need armor!), and Disguise Self at level 3.