PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spheres of Power Casting Traditions and other forms of magic

StSword
2019-09-12, 04:07 PM
In one of the arcforge books, there's an akashic tradition, which I love by the by.

But it got me thinking, well, if a spherecaster's magic is akashic in nature, well then shouldn't their spell points be essence points that could be invested or bound into a veil or akashic feat?

So it occurred to me, there should be a feat for that. Available to people with the appropriate casting tradition, of course.

Which lead me to think about other casting traditions.

Like Chi Tracer, the description of that casting tradition makes it sound like some monasteries not only teach Monks how to fight like a dragon, but teach some how to turn into a dragon.

Which lead me to think that there ought to be a feat to make spellpoints into ki points, make a character open to ki feats if a game uses those.

Or if a game uses pact magic from Radiance House, shouldn't there be a feat so that pact magic spherecaster levels and binder levels stack, since their magic is a form of binding?

I'm not even sure what I'd suggest for a game with runist spherecasters and a rune system like The Genius Guide to Runic Feats.

So has anyone messed with that kind of thing in a game, or just not worry about it because I'm just overthinking it?