PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Worm that Walks SLA's

Xeni
2019-09-12, 04:11 PM
Hey guys, lurker's first post here because I literally could not find an answer after hours of searching.

In the WtW description on the srd it is described as having an sla that works as summon natures ally except it summons 10HD of vermin per cl. all the sla's are at 20th cl, so thats 200hd worth of vermin that are being summoned! however, is ANY vermin game? it seems unclear as summon natures ally has a specific summon list and is not even hit die based. So basically I am wondering the following:

Q1-is there anything stopping said worm that walks from summoning the 128HD, CR50 devestation beetle?

Q2- is there anything stopping WtW from summoning multiple vermin? such as 5 colossal scorpions? (40hd each)

Q3- in general how would you interpret this ability working?

Thanks in advance for any insight

ZamielVanWeber
2019-09-12, 05:37 PM
In short:
No: please enjoy your 20 rounds of gigantic beetle.
Unclear but likely nothing stops you.

In general I would interpret it as you get 200 HD of vermin, as it says. When you finish the summoning you get your selection of vermin whose sum total of HD is less than or equal to 200.

Xeni
2019-09-12, 07:07 PM
Oof, that seems a little excessive

ZamielVanWeber
2019-09-12, 09:10 PM
It is an epic template. They are all excessive.

Yael
2019-09-13, 05:16 AM
Oof, that seems a little excessive

Well, Worm that Walks is by itself featured as an Elder Evil, albeit different, it shows its power (though EE's is weaker), so it's justified it being excessive.