PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Class Warrior in Pathfinder

PunkManiak
2019-09-12, 09:23 PM
Im working on a character build for Pathfinder. Which will be......a bit unusual. Specifically in the fact it will be taking three different classes. This will likely sound a bit nuts, but I think it would work.

Idea-wise, the character is very close to a mixture between simply Barbarian and Rogue or Ranger.

However, it won’t be that simple. I want to focus on Barbarian, with about half of the levels going into it.

For weaponry, I’m thinking Greatsword, Longbow, and poisons. Specifically, hitting the enemy from cover with debilitating poisons, with a Sneak Attack via his bow. Not damage dealing poisons, but status effects.

Once they’re poisoned he charges in with his GS, and goes to town on them.

For Archetypes, I was thinking Urban Barbarian for Barbarian and Poisoner for Rogue. No clue for Fighter though.

My starting stats are going to be the following.

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 9
Charisma: 7

The race is human.

For feats I was thinking Toughness, Improved Toughness, Dodge, Acrobatic Dodge, Light Armor Mastery, And Weapon Focus for Longbow and Greatsword.

TheIronGolem
2019-09-12, 11:42 PM
Poisons are unfortunately not a great way to go in stock Pathfinder. At low levels they're expensive, and at mid-high levels the baddies' Fort saves are too high for them to work reliably. Third-party material might change this, but I don't know what your table allows.

You're going to really want Power Attack for two-handed melee.

I'd also recommend looking into the Slayer class. Depending on what you're hoping to get out of Barbarian/Rogue/Ranger, you may be able to cover your conceptual bases with just the one class and gobble up more of those sweet sweet FCB's.

StSword
2019-09-13, 04:49 PM
Now perhaps your current game doesn't allow third party material, but if this is the sort of thing you want to make, I'd strongly suggest looking at the Spheres of Might (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/using-spheres-of-might) system, because it's absolutely about allowing players options like that.

A poison making sneak attacking barbarian? A painted savage or berserker barbarian with talents from the alchemy and fencing spheres. Done.

So it's a system it really seems like you'd enjoy.