PDA

View Full Version : Simulacrum and Aboleth Enslave?

kalos72
2019-09-12, 09:36 PM
If my group sends a group of Simulacrum against an Aboleth, are they still open to the Enslave attack?

Simulacrum states that it is under my complete control, not sure how that might counter a Dominate like power.

Korwin
2019-09-13, 01:02 AM
Hmm, does it count as an creature?
It is an Illusion (Shadow) spell...

Malroth
2019-09-13, 02:52 AM
It'd probably count as a competing effect so they'd attempt to obey both sets of control when possible and the controllers would make opposed CHA checks when the orders conflict.

kalos72
2019-09-13, 12:05 PM
Wouldn't that turn into a round by round CHA check? Would it make more sense to say since once 100% solid control is in affect, the other wouldn't be able to take hold?

Calthropstu
2019-09-14, 11:54 AM
Wouldn't that turn into a round by round CHA check? Would it make more sense to say since once 100% solid control is in affect, the other wouldn't be able to take hold?

The conflicting orders would initiate a clash once. Whichever won, would be the one that got their order followed.

So if the aboleth gave the order to stay here, and the creator gave the order return to me, the creation would follow whoever won. A smart wizard could then say "Cast fireball at the nearest burnable object." if he lost and that would not interfere with the command to stay there.

kalos72
2019-09-16, 03:52 AM
How could I ensure I win the CHA roll again the typical aboleth for example?

Asmotherion
2019-09-16, 04:36 AM
Hmm, does it count as an creature?
It is an Illusion (Shadow) spell...

it's complicated to figure out what a Simulacrum actually is. it can count as a Partially Real Shadow Effect/ A construct or even the Original Creature Type. There is no clarity in the rules as to what it actually ​is.

i do believe however that the latter effect overides the original effect (assuming the simulacrum is not immune to mind affecting effects).