PDA

View Full Version : How Reliable/Authentic is 1D4chan? Does Mechanus Have crèche-forges?

A_Gray_Phantom
2019-09-12, 11:53 PM
Currently in the campaign I'm running my players have come into contact with a kolyarut in the process of going rogue. He's developed his own personality, and is in need of a factory reset. This has been fun, and the player characters aren't too motivated to reset their friend, so I'm interested to see how they react when the local government orders them to take him back to a crèche-forge to have him reset.

But here's the thing: I'm basing this all on some stuff I've read on 1d4chan, and that site doesn't list references or sources. I've been able to find information about factories on Mechanus where inevitables are manufactured, but nothing about them developing individual personalities, and certainly nothing about the crèche-forge.

I did find info on molds in the Manual of the Planes, and also in the Planar Handbook, but I couldn't find any books that talk about the crèche-forges.

I feel like I'm just overlooking something really obvious. Either way, even if I can't find a legitimate source I'm still using this story. It's been fun roleplaying as a crazy, dancing kolyarut.

Koran Redaxe
2019-09-13, 12:06 AM
Dragon #341 has an article on the ecology of Inevitables which mentions crèche-forges- I don't have a copy of it myself, but I was able to find this quote online:

"When an inevitable first emerges from a creche-forge on Mechanus, it seems to possess very little knowledge beyond the identity of it's first target and a sense of how its powers work"

A_Gray_Phantom
2019-09-13, 12:19 AM
Dragon #341 has an article on the ecology of Inevitables which mentions crèche-forges- I don't have a copy of it myself, but I was able to find this quote online:

"When an inevitable first emerges from a creche-forge on Mechanus, it seems to possess very little knowledge beyond the identity of it's first target and a sense of how its powers work"

Dragon Magazine! Ooooh! That's why I can't find anything anywhere. Thanks. It'd be nice if 1d4chan linked sources.