PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer and Mother Cyst

Thomix
2007-10-14, 02:44 PM
If a sorcerer take the Mother Cyst feat (from Libris Mortis), did he add all the necrotic cyst spell to his spell know, or did the feat only give that he can chose the spell in his normal spell know list?

The Glyphstone
2007-10-14, 03:23 PM
I doubt it. From what I remember, the Necrotic spells don't care if you have a cyst for knowing them, but you can't cast them unless you have a Mother Cyst in you, since it's a focus for the spells.

Zeful
2007-10-14, 03:35 PM
I believe that it adds spells to your spell list, not spells known, so you can use wands and scrolls freely, but have to burn spells known to learn them.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-14, 03:41 PM
Let's see...

http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Mother_Cyst,LM

It says explicitly that "you can cast these spells" and even has a note about preparational spellcasters knowing the spells inherently. If Wizards don't have to scribe cyst spells into their spellbooks, Sorcerors probably don't have to take up "Spells Known" slots.

Besides, aren't the Sorcerors poor enough already without us making them spend a spell per level to get any benefit from a feat?

deadseashoals
2007-10-14, 05:52 PM
Pretty sure a sorcerer would know these spells, since it doesn't say add these spells to your list - it says that "you may cast these spells like any other spell that you can cast".

Reel On, Love
2007-10-14, 05:53 PM
...whoa.

Man, that feat is craaaaaazy.

AtomicKitKat
2007-10-14, 08:20 PM
Just to note, you must take Arcane Preparation, or some other Feat that lets you prepare spells, in order to qualify for Mother Cyst(or Corrupt/Sacred spells, for that matter). All of them specify the need for the spell to be prepared.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-15, 11:53 AM
Just to note, you must take Arcane Preparation, or some other Feat that lets you prepare spells, in order to qualify for Mother Cyst(or Corrupt/Sacred spells, for that matter). All of them specify the need for the spell to be prepared.

Where does it say that?

(if you are a caster who prepares spells, you can prepare all necrotic cyst spells without referring to a spellbook, as if you had the Spell Mastery feat for each such spell).

Emphasis mine. It's just specifying that cyst spells don't take up space in the spellbook.