PDA

View Full Version : Confused about "Placeshift:"

moonfly7
2019-09-14, 07:17 AM
So, what are plane shifts? I know they're supplements, but are they official content? I see them mentioned but never explained. If someone could direct me to a page with links to all of them, that would be great.

Khrysaes
2019-09-14, 07:30 AM
So, what are plane shifts? I know they're supplements, but are they official content? I see them mentioned but never explained. If someone could direct me to a page with links to all of them, that would be great.

They are D&D content that is based on the planes of Magic the Gathering, and set in the same multiverse as Ravnica from Guild Master's Guide to Ravnica.

Essentially, in MTG, there are people called Planeswalkers. People that can move between planes of their own volition. Think of them as the adventurers.

The planeshift content are D&D companions that came out with the release of a corresponding magic the gathering card set based in the plane for promotional material. Some of the material in Planesshift is in Ravnica, like the vedalkin, some is not.

MTG and D&D are both WOTC material, so yes, they are technically official, as they are produced by the same company, but they are not AL legal, and best treated similarly to UA.

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Plane_Shift