PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking for a specific prestige class

unimatrix
2019-09-14, 08:52 AM
Help !

Years ago I came across a prestige class and cannot find it anymore.

You unlocked this prestige class when you killed (by accident or not) another version of yourself from another plan. You could only level up by killing other alternate version of yourself. When you level up you gaine a +1 (or +2) to a stat of your choosing and also increased your caster level. You would also attract the attention of planar authorities who would come after you.

Please let me know if anyone knows where to find this prestige class and what the name is.

Thanks.

legomaster00156
2019-09-14, 08:54 AM
This sounds like dandwiki homebrew.

unimatrix
2019-09-14, 08:56 AM
This sounds like dandwiki homebrew.

Im convinced it was in a book.

Particle_Man
2019-09-14, 10:03 AM
Sounds a bit like the 2001 movie "The One" starring Jet Li.

I wonder if there is a way to spam this by putting a Mirror of Opposition on the opposite side of a planar portal (but still within view), so that the duplicates technically "come from another plane".

Zaq
2019-09-14, 10:07 AM
Sounds like someone took the idea of the aleax (Book of Exalted Deeds) and kludged it into a PrC.

unimatrix
2019-09-14, 10:39 AM
Sounds a bit like the 2001 movie "The One" starring Jet Li.

I wonder if there is a way to spam this by putting a Mirror of Opposition on the opposite side of a planar portal (but still within view), so that the duplicates technically "come from another plane".

It is exactly like it

Particle_Man
2019-09-14, 11:45 AM
d20 future mentions "Dimension X" as a campaign where you run into parallel dimensions. Could someone have come up with an advanced class based on that idea?

unimatrix
2019-09-14, 01:23 PM
d20 future mentions "Dimension X" as a campaign where you run into parallel dimensions. Could someone have come up with an advanced class based on that idea?

The idea it at least ten years old. It was the last time i opened my 3.5 book. It could have been in sword and sorcery or another system that was compatible with D20, but i was definitely meant for d&d 3.0 or 3.5

unimatrix
2019-09-25, 01:43 PM
A guy found it for me on Discord: It's the Concordant prestige class from AEG's "Magic" book!

I knew I wasn't crazy