PDA

View Full Version : 3.5/Pathfinder spell question

TheNerfGuy
2019-09-14, 09:10 AM
Is there such a spell as "Spell Bounce"? My DM used it in the last session I played in, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've looked it up, but no such luck.

My DM told me what it does: If you're targeted by or are simply in the area of a spell, it gets reflected back to the caster (including spells like Reverse Gravity; I asked and he confirmed). There seems to be no limit to how many spell levels it can reflect, and I assume it's duration is Rounds/CL. He also claimed it's an 8th level spell.

It isn't Spell Turning since that is Lv7, and it's not the metamagic feat Bouncing Spell since their effects are different.

I'm asking that, if it really exists, what book does it come from? I believe it's either 3.5 or Pathfinder since that's what my campaign is using, though both DMs are planning on going into 5e after the campaign is over with. It might come from one of those books, instead, while being translated into 3.5/Pathfinder.

HouseRules
2019-09-14, 03:10 PM
Here's Pathfinder:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/bouncing-spell-metamagic

TheFamilarRaven
2019-09-14, 03:19 PM
As HouseRules pointed out. There is a meta magic feat that lets you redirect a failed single target spell to another target. But nothing along the lines of what you're describing, and certainly not a spell. If it does exist in a published source, it is in a very obscure third party publication.

Ask your DM what books it's from. I doubt they'll be able to show you. Or, if they are anything like my players, they are using an existing spell but simply misunderstood the scope of it's effects.

TheNerfGuy
2019-09-14, 04:09 PM
Here's Pathfinder:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/bouncing-spell-metamagic

I already referenced it, and I already confirmed it's not that.

TheNerfGuy
2019-09-14, 04:10 PM
As HouseRules pointed out. There is a meta magic feat that lets you redirect a failed single target spell to another target. But nothing along the lines of what you're describing, and certainly not a spell. If it does exist in a published source, it is in a very obscure third party publication.

Ask your DM what books it's from. I doubt they'll be able to show you. Or, if they are anything like my players, they are using an existing spell but simply misunderstood the scope of it's effects.

I have asked twice. He said he forgot which book it originally came from, and he hasn't given me an answer yet.

Kurald Galain
2019-09-14, 06:41 PM
My DM told me what it does: If you're targeted by or are simply in the area of a spell, it gets reflected back to the caster (including spells like Reverse Gravity; I asked and he confirmed). There seems to be no limit to how many spell levels it can reflect, and I assume it's duration is Rounds/CL. He also claimed it's an 8th level spell.
Yeah, that's pretty obviously a DM misremembering the details of Spell Turning :smallamused: