PDA

View Full Version : I No Longer Need To Vent!

JNAProductions
2019-09-15, 11:17 AM
So, you may remember my old venting thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?589571-A-Bit-Of-Venting).

Figured I'd give an update to anyone who's concerned (but I'm worried about thread necro, so , and the update is good! I met a woman via Ok Cupid, who said she liked me back because she thought I was cute, and we had a date two days ago that went really well! We talked again yesterday (though she decided to ditch the phone for most of the day, just to unplug, which had me worried that I had done something wrong) and she still seems pretty happy with me, so yay!

Peelee
2019-09-15, 11:47 AM
That's awesome, congrats! Hope things work out well for you.

JNAProductions
2019-09-15, 11:58 AM
That's awesome, congrats! Hope things work out well for you.

Thanks. :)

I really appreciate all the support and advice I got from y'all, in case that wasn't clear.

NRSASD
2019-09-16, 12:10 PM
Congrats! Hope things continue to go well, and glad to hear it's working out!

darkrose50
2019-09-17, 09:16 AM
Go forth and date! Not everyone that you date will be a good match. Remind yourself that trying and it not working out is okay. The important thing is to just keep dating.

JNAProductions
2019-09-17, 12:19 PM
Congrats! Hope things continue to go well, and glad to hear it's working out!

Thank you!

Go forth and date! Not everyone that you date will be a good match. Remind yourself that trying and it not working out is okay. The important thing is to just keep dating.

Well, so far, she seems quite compatible. But thank you!

Kid Jake
2019-09-17, 04:05 PM
I ragged on Okcupid as a complete waste of time and energy for years, hell I even had a thread about all of my hilariousrejections (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?499352-Why-Kid-Jake-Is-Still-Single-(With-Examples!)/page4&p=21188907#post21188907), but I actually just got married to a girl I met on there a little over a month ago. Whatever happens, don't get discouraged and just keep trucking on. Sooner or later you'll find what you're looking for.

lio45
2019-09-18, 08:26 PM
You just got married to a girl you met one month ago on the internet...?

Or you got married a month ago to a girl you met online a long time ago? :P

Iruka
2019-09-19, 10:41 AM

I like to believe the former because it fits better with KidJakes outrages romantic adventures.

Congratulations, JNA!

JNAProductions
2019-09-19, 10:47 AM
Thanks again everyone. Hope y'all are doing well too!

Kid Jake
2019-09-19, 11:16 AM

I guess I worded that a little weird. A month ago I married a girl I met on the internet about a year and a half ago.

Ornithologist
2019-09-26, 10:06 PM
I'm going to join in as well. I got a date as well. 2 in fact. Woo ho!

JNAProductions
2019-09-27, 10:01 AM
I'm going to join in as well. I got a date as well. 2 in fact. Woo ho!

Congratulations! Hope they go well! :)

Ornithologist
2019-09-27, 12:11 PM
I should clarify. They both already happened and went well. She was very nice.

JNAProductions
2019-09-27, 12:11 PM
I should clarify. They both already happened and went well. She was very nice.

Ah. Well good! :)

ngilop
2019-09-27, 12:42 PM
So, you may remember my old venting thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?589571-A-Bit-Of-Venting).

Figured I'd give an update to anyone who's concerned (but I'm worried about thread necro, so , and the update is good! I met a woman via Ok Cupid, who said she liked me back because she thought I was cute, and we had a date two days ago that went really well! We talked again yesterday (though she decided to ditch the phone for most of the day, just to unplug, which had me worried that I had done something wrong) and she still seems pretty happy with me, so yay!

Congratulations!

I hope it goes even better for you and the woman in the future.

My OKCupid experience was both the best and worse.

Met a Filipina nurse ( obviously) and we really hit it off in the most singular amazing way of my life in terms of connection with others in a romantic setting. Then it ended because I was not filipino culturally. The fact that I compromised on some of my own culture and traditions didn't matter and her adamant refusal to even entertain the idea of adjusting for somebody of another culture was just too painful.

But, I am an optimist and the whole experience just taught me that if one random girl from the internet could bring such emotions to my life then undoubtedly there could be a second.