PDA

View Full Version : Was there a Temple of Elemental Evil adventure between "Return..." and 5e?

Bohandas
2019-09-15, 02:48 PM
Was there a Temple of Elemental Evil adventure in D&D 4e?

I know there were 2e, 3e, and 5e adventures following the Cult of Elemental Evil (as well as a 3e conversion of the 2e adventure), and from what I've been able to gather the 5e adventure seems to be significantly off the rails from what happened in Temple of Elemental Evil and Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Is there an adventure I've missed that ties all of it together?

DataNinja
2019-09-15, 11:16 PM
From this (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/return-elemental-evil) site here regarding the Return, it does not look like there was any 4e release, only stuff in Dragon 425. From a quick google, it looks like a release was rumoured, teased at, and speculated upon, but never actually materialized.

Edit: There was also some discussion regarding it in the MM3, in the bios of Elemental Princes Imix and Ogremoch (as well as scattered in other places). But, nothing whole.

Composer99
2019-09-16, 10:41 AM
IIRC, just a quibble, but the original temple of elemental evil adventure series was 1e.

ChamHasNoRoom
2019-09-16, 06:19 PM
5e's Elemental Evil AP takes place in a completely different setting and is not in any way a direct follow-on from the first two adventures. It's a reboot of the same basic idea, not any kind of sequel.