PDA

View Full Version : Master Thrower and Sneak Attack

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-10-14, 06:09 PM
I was reading over the master thrower PrC in CW, because there was a disagrement of over one of it's Ex: abilaties. Sneaky shot, now it reads that it denies the Dex Bonus to the opponent if you spend a move action, and make a slieght of hand check which is opposed by the opponents spot check. Now shouldnt this meen that you get to apply sneak attack bonus to the damage if it hits?

Rachel Lorelei
2007-10-14, 06:13 PM
You get to sneak attack anyone who doesn't get their DEX bonus to AC. So, yes.

But you don't get to full attack that way. Best invest in Greater Manyshot or something.

Amiria
2007-10-14, 06:14 PM
Greater Manyshot only works with bows, not with thrown weapons or any other kind of ranged weapon.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-10-14, 06:15 PM
alright, oh and is triping throw, all it's cracked up to be or should i go with something like two for one, or palm toss.

no matter what though im getting weak spot at level five, and I alrdy choose sneaky shot, so now im looking for my next and final trick.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-10-14, 06:21 PM
Greater Manyshot only works with bows, not with thrown weapons or any other kind of ranged weapon.
Whoops! My bad!

alright, oh and is triping throw, all it's cracked up to be or should i go with something like two for one, or palm toss.

no matter what though im getting weak spot at level five, and I alrdy choose sneaky shot, so now im looking for my next and final trick.

Palm Toss is the best you can do--that's the one that lets you throw two daggers rather than one, right? Take that. You'll wind up using your move action to deny them their DEX, then tossing two touch-attack daggers with sneak attack.

Consider Swashbuckler 3, too; the INT to damage works with thrown daggers.

Person_Man
2007-10-14, 10:06 PM
My advice:

Deadeye Shot: Improving your crit is a very unreliable way to marginally increase your damage. Maybe a good idea if you're dipping into Master Thrower as part of a Psychic Weapon Master build, but otherwise, I'd skip it.

Defensive Throw: Helpful if an enemy attacks you in melee and you want to make a full attack back against him without generating AoO. But you're a throwing build, so really, you shouldn't be anywhere near your enemies.

Double Toss: If you know that you need to Move and fire every round, this is a good choice. But there are better choices.

Palm Throw: This is an amazing trick, literally doubling the number of times you can hit your enemy. Just keep in mind that as a volley attack, Precision damage only applies to the first of every two weapons that you throw. So you need to find a way to apply ability damage to your attacks. I'm partial to Wounding shuriken, but there are other ways.

Sneaky Shot: Huge waste. Have a friend cast Greater Invisibility on you. Buy him a wand if you have to.

Trip Shot: This is a great battlefield control techniques. Although your Trip mod will suck rocks, you'll be making so many of them that you're bound to be successful Tripping someone almost every round.

Two With One Blow: Sweeping Strike for thrown weapons. If your DM tends to throw mobs of enemies at you, this is a great choice. But I prefer Palm Throw.

Weak Spot: Touch Attacks on every attack! You absolutely must take this trick.