PDA

View Full Version : MD Sorcerer MC builds

ZorroGames
2019-09-17, 10:15 AM
Whether is CDO (OCD alphabetically) or being a completionist or whatever... you knew this was coming.

Pretty sure I will be awkward as a Sorcerer at first. Not my favorite white room Build at all.

So here I go.

MD Sorcerer dip Paladin for Heavy Armor etc.,

Start stats 16-10-15-8-12-15 first ASI +1 Ch and +1 CO.

After that I really have no ideas that stick. Sorcerer 5+/Pal 2 is the midterm goal. Currently 2nd level in both classes.

Feel free to suggest where I take this and only this build next.

Another and more likely to be first build is Sorcerer 3+/Warlock 2. Comes online sooner and more Caster oriented perhaps.

Starts 10-15-16-10-15. First ASI to +1 DE and +1 CH. Have a far stronger idea where I want to take this but feedback will be read and then likely politely ignored. 😉

nickl_2000
2019-09-17, 10:25 AM
Honestly, it is hard to go wrong with Paladin 2/Sorcerer in any possible way. There isn't much to the build other than GFB/BB with quicken and go nuts. So, you will have to stick with PHB and SCAG for optimization purposes.

Outside of that what sounds fun? Wild Magic for craziness, Draconic for Resistance and Affinity.

ZorroGames
2019-09-17, 10:41 AM
Honestly, it is hard to go wrong with Paladin 2/Sorcerer in any possible way. There isn't much to the build other than GFB/BB with quicken and go nuts. So, you will have to stick with PHB and SCAG for optimization purposes.

Outside of that what sounds fun? Wild Magic for craziness, Draconic for Resistance and Affinity.

Ooooh, Wild Magic... my mind is boggled... 🤪

Dork_Forge
2019-09-18, 02:36 AM
You say you're already level 2 in both, so have you already chosen your Sorcerous Origin? I think there's a reshuffle your character under a certain level in AL but I've never played so not sure.

General advice for subclasses: Draconic will give you a more robust character that won't be defenseless when naked and in tier 2 a pretty decent DPS bump if you're using GFB and go with a fire dragon.

Shadow will let you pull off the Devil's Sight Warlock trick without the Warlock part, besides that it's okay but not great imo.

Storm will give you a free disengage and later on some free bonus damage, but overall not a lot of synergy with a melee Paladin.

Divine Soul is great for the Cleric access, 2d4 bonus per S/R and extra spell known (you can actually change whatever spell you get from your alignment, it just has to be another Cleric spell).

As you're going AL and melee cantrips would be pretty essential to this kind of build in melee I'd recommend Draconic and Vengeance for your subclasses. You're locking yourself out of Shadow Blade and other goodies but the cantrips are too good to pass up.

You also mentioned a Warlock build, for that I'd just mix Divine Soul and Celestial Warlock, you get a bunch of spell slots, a decent amount of SR resources and a loooooot of healing. Go with Tomelock for Shillelagh to compensate for lack of melee cantrips or go with Chain if you want the utility of the familiar and the insane durability of self healing.

Khrysaes
2019-09-18, 04:19 AM
You say you're already level 2 in both, so have you already chosen your Sorcerous Origin? I think there's a reshuffle your character under a certain level in AL but I've never played so not sure.

Up until level 5 you are allowed to change anything but the name of your character and the season they were created in.

Divine Soul is great for the Cleric access, 2d4 bonus per S/R and extra spell known (you can actually change whatever spell you get from your alignment, it just has to be another Cleric spell).

I would support this, as I have come to LOVE the Spirit guardians spell, which would make you incredibly sticky when paired with booming blade and warcaster. Spirit weapon will also give you a non concentration source of bonus action damage.

You also mentioned a Warlock build, for that I'd just mix Divine Soul and Celestial Warlock, you get a bunch of spell slots, a decent amount of SR resources and a loooooot of healing. Go with Tomelock for Shillelagh to compensate for lack of melee cantrips or go with Chain if you want the utility of the familiar and the insane durability of self healing.

I would say this is a good choice too, but I would opt for tome over chain as you can get shillelagh AND familiar.

nickl_2000
2019-09-18, 06:35 AM
The only problem I see with Divine Soul and Shadow suggestions is that they are part of Xanathar's. Is it better to get a Divine Soul or GFB/BB on a Sorcidin? Zorro can only do 1 of the two since it's Adventure League.

Khrysaes
2019-09-18, 06:47 AM
The only problem I see with Divine Soul and Shadow suggestions is that they are part of Xanathar's. Is it better to get a Divine Soul of GFB/BB on a Sorcidin? Zorro can only do 1 of the two since it's Adventure League.

Err... Good point. I had thought they reprinted BB and GFB in Xanathar's

nickl_2000
2019-09-18, 06:48 AM

I honestly have no idea why they didn't, but that would have been to easy for the AL folks :smallbiggrin:

ZorroGames
2019-09-18, 11:22 AM

Nope. 😱

No such luck.