PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Parachutes (and transport methods?)

blackjack50
2019-09-17, 11:51 AM
A friend plans on DMing a game that will center around espionage and stealth. He wants a group to insert in to foreign territory and spy on the enemy. This is something I found. Player level is going to be 5 to start. But these are the parachutes:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Parachute_(5e_Equipment)

Does this seem good? I don’t see any reason for these to fail?

Also. What would be a good night time delivery system? Airships are slow? Any other methods one can think of?

nickl_2000
2019-09-17, 11:53 AM
A friend plans on DMing a game that will center around espionage and stealth. He wants a group to insert in to foreign territory and spy on the enemy. This is something I found. Player level is going to be 5 to start. But these are the parachutes:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Parachute_(5e_Equipment)

Does this seem good? I don’t see any reason for these to fail?

Also. What would be a good night time delivery system? Airships are slow? Any other methods one can think of?

Nighttime delivery system?

Any large or bigger flying beast. Giant Owls and Giant Bats are the first thing that come to mind. Both can easily be summoned by a level 5 Druid and fit the bill perfectly.

J-H
2019-09-17, 11:55 AM
Wildshaped druid in a large bird form, pulling a Tenser's floating disk with people under the influence of Reduce Person potions?
Why not just cast Feather Fall, or create an item of Feather Fall like the Safewing Emblem from 3.5?

Cheap magic items requiring 1st level spells are probably more intuitive than big air-sails made of expensive silk.

Nagog
2019-09-17, 11:58 AM
Any large or bigger flying beast. Giant Owls and Giant Bats are the first thing that come to mind. Both can easily be summoned by a level 5 Druid and fit the bill perfectly.

This is true. Also, a teleport spell to get you above them (Assuming the target is warded against teleporting in) can get you there if they have a powerful NPC helper sitting behind a divination pool with a stone of far speech.
For the parachute, I'd be more inclined to give the party a Wand of Feather Falling. Easier to deploy and quicker to pull back together, and if they're discovered while parachuting, dispel magic is much easier to hit them with.

blackjack50
2019-09-17, 12:49 PM
Wildshaped druid in a large bird form, pulling a Tenser's floating disk with people under the influence of Reduce Person potions?
Why not just cast Feather Fall, or create an item of Feather Fall like the Safewing Emblem from 3.5?

Cheap magic items requiring 1st level spells are probably more intuitive than big air-sails made of expensive silk.

Lol. I think one of the players was in some army airborne unit. So I think the DM is playing that up. And from what I understand, he may be making a game based around the first and Second World War.