PDA

View Full Version : What could go wrong? How to fix it?

denthor
2019-09-17, 10:08 PM
Here is the plan to date.

Send in a neutral evil dwarf 8 intelligence, neutral bard, if he shows up a Lawful neutral monk.

Town of mercenaries. Have the dwarf talk about a god named Thor. Who gives free beer. Have the bard song about Thor free beer.

Will anybody come? I want low intelligence low wisdom folk.

Set a blanket with a large and small kegs of beer. Large keg is strong for the guest. Small keg is weak for us.

Get them drunk and talking about the lords they work with.

Missions, pay scale, magic items, how we can tell who works for who. Not sure anything else? Suggestions welcomed

First question does it stand a chance of working?

zinycor
2019-09-18, 08:43 AM
Sorry Denthor, I just don't understand what you wrote.

Is English your second language?

Eldan
2019-09-18, 08:57 AM
Okay, let me try to parse this.

You are trying to get people drunk to question them about the nobles who rule over them? And your party bard is using his charisma skills to help with that task?

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan, yes. As a DM, I'd just make that a diplomacy check and give you some circumstance bonuses for beer and a good hook with talking about religion.

You'd probably not get detailed information about thinks like internal pay scales or what magic items people in some organisation carry from a bunch of random villagers, though. That's likely secret information. Also, asking about highly detailed things that only are relevant for, you know, people who are going to attack the village is going to be suspicious. Try being more subtle.

Potential problem: people drink the big keg of beer and ask why they can't drink from the smaller keg too. Have some excuse as for why.

But please try writing full sentences next time and give some context.

denthor
2019-09-18, 09:14 AM
No English is my only language not all of us are writers. I had to type last night roommate is devout in her hate of D&D.

Close. The town/camp is mercenary's no citizens. The Lord's are Warlords self-appointed.

Yes I was going to set up the free beer about two miles away from the mobile camp.

The larger keg is full of very strong Ale Beer whatever the smaller keg is weak beer not for the guest. No reason why I couldn't drink out of the smaller keg. Other than it's just not the best beer. Thor only gives the best.

Larger keg is about 10 gallons smaller keg is about 5.

The Mage. Our party does not have charm enchantment spells nor does the bard. So I need to come up with another way to "charm" these people. That's the reason why the beer.
I personally am not a prank playing person. Lose in every game of chance. I can not bluff in real life.

So this plan is my attempt at this. Do you think I might get current objectives?

Studoku
2019-09-18, 04:50 PM
Getting people drunk and convincing them to do stupid things is tried and tested.

Telok
2019-09-18, 11:00 PM
It should work pretty well. Getting soldiers boozed up and talking is classic. Literally, I think it might show up in the Illiad or some other myth cycle.

And you'll totally know how much they get paid. Grousing about pay (or bragging) is pretty much universal for troops.

denthor
2019-09-21, 02:02 PM
Do the party thought it was to dangerous to go in and give free drinks to assassins thieves and cut throats. They might get drunk and want to fight is.