PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How to link FoF and SKT - possible spoiler

BladedWizard
2019-09-19, 11:39 AM
Hi,

I will be running a campaign (on Fantasy Ground) soon and we're starting at level 3 with the Forge of Fury. Then we'll proceed with SKT once the characters gets to lvl 5.

As to foreshadow the giant rampage of SKT would it make any sense if, once the players get to Nightscale, that she's being attacked by one of two Hill Giants that wants to steal her treasure? Not sure if Hill Giant would even be interested in gold, and magical items. Maybe because it's shinny? I thought that I could maybe have them knew about her lair and they were able to create a passage in the mountain to get there... but it doesn't feel like a strong idea.

Then the player would have to choose who they help, if they want to help at all. That could create some interesting RP if they chose the dragon side. It's stated in SKT that the dragon, even the chromatic ones, can ally themselves with the heroes.

Or

I could just change her up for something else but what? Would a giant use such a place as a lair?

I'm not sure how to proceed and I'd like to get some ideas. All I know is that I don't want to finish FoF as it's currently laid out. I'd rather use this quest to show the players that the Giant(s) are behaving differently.

Thank you all,
BW