PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Potions RAW

OGDojo
2019-09-20, 06:13 AM
So basically from what i have come across from both pathfinder and D&D 3.5 and 3.0, is that in order to craft more than 1 potion a day you must have one of the PrCs of Master Alchemist (can be taken as early as level 7) or Alchemist Savant (can be taken as early as level 6) and thats if you meet all the prerequisites for them. you can decrease crafting time and crafting cost but you can still only make 1 a day unless you have the class abilities from these classes.

If you have any reliable source (pathfinder/3.5/3.0 book) that will dispute this i would love to see it because an alchemist character idea i have depends on it.

Asmotherion
2019-09-20, 07:58 AM
There is a spell called Quic Potion that lets you create a temporary potion (duration 1 hour/level). When it expires it no longuer has magical properties.

OGDojo
2019-09-20, 08:15 AM
There is a spell called Quic Potion that lets you create a temporary potion (duration 1 hour/level). When it expires it no longuer has magical properties.
That actually helps out a lot thanks, ill put it in my list for my wizard

Efrate
2019-09-20, 08:54 AM
Nothing in the pathfinder brew potion feat says once a day. Just one day for each 1000gp in the cost, or one hour for each 250 in their cost. Alchemists from pf have a bunch of potion like effects they can do, in addition to getting brew potion for free.

OGDojo
2019-09-20, 09:47 AM
Nothing in the pathfinder brew potion feat says once a day. Just one day for each 1000gp in the cost, or one hour for each 250 in their cost. Alchemists from pf have a bunch of potion like effects they can do, in addition to getting brew potion for free.

it actually says that you can only create 1 potion a day of 1000gp or less or 1 in 2 hours if it is 250 gp and below, but you can still only create 1 a day. believe me i spent all night looking it up and reading both pathfinder core book and D&D 3.5 phb versions of Brew Potion to try to find a way around it. there are feats that decrease the time but the rule is still only 1 potion/day unless you use the PrCs that i stated above.

actually i guess i should state it the way it states it, it takes 1 day/ 1000 GP or 2 hrs for 250 gp or less but the potion brewing rules from so in pathfinder you can use its brew potion feat to get it 4x per day as long as the base price of each one is below 1000 gp

Dimers
2019-09-20, 09:52 AM
If potion-tiles are an acceptable substitute, you could go Truenamer ... *dodges flying books* :smallbiggrin:

Crichton
2019-09-20, 09:54 AM

it actually says that you can only create 1 potion a day of 1000gp or less or 1 in 2 hours if it is 250 gp and below, but you can still only create 1 a day. believe me i spent all night looking it up and reading both pathfinder core book and D&D 3.5 phb versions of Brew Potion to try to find a way around it. there are feats that decrease the time but the rule is still only 1 potion/day unless you use the PrCs that i stated above.

Yep, exactly this. Found in the text of the Brew Potion feat. What Efrate posted is the general time requirement for other magic items, but it doesn't apply to potions.

Zerathize
2019-09-20, 01:38 PM
I mean it's not for an alchemist, but you can look up druidic herbalism for an alternative nature bond for druid that's (badly worded) a number of potions /day equal to wis modifier. That's pathfinder Healer's Handbook.