PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Campaign Chapter 2 Help

Waterbottle
2019-09-20, 11:48 AM
Hey Folks,

Im writing a campaign and I'm not sure where to go next with the story... Here's what's happening so far with a thing of plotpoints

Chapter 1 -

Session 0 - Characters are introduced to the world and start off through pre sessions that in session one ties them together
Help with nearby orcs
Help with harvesting some grain
Help with a vermin issue
Anything that might be background related to the Pc’s

Session 1 - Characters are introduced to one another in the town inns after completing their tasks before-hand and hear preaching outside: upon further inspection it’s the townmaster (or a preacher talking about “the end”) apologizing to the angry people of the town about something (a closed tradeway by orcs, bandits, kids etc) The characters are brought to a simple task (investigation the held up tradeway) on which they’re attacked by the people holding up them which transform into blights starting an investigation - upon their return the crownsguard are surrounding a body in which has blight like features and after figuring out such causes them to investigate this issue and until resolved wants to one outside of the town for cause of issue.

Session 2 - The characters start off where they left off and until they solve this can’t continue causing them to group with others they met and resolve these issues before the town is completely torn down. Causing the players to investigate, this allows a time for players to explore and investigate with the only clue they having being known that they eventually come to hear about a legend about the source of blights a tree called the Gulthias Tree and hear yelling after a battle they find something that confirms they’re suspicion.

Session 3 - The characters knowing what they may be against know that they have to find the location of the Gulthias Tree and after being granted permission from the town master to go out in the forest to look for what may be the source they eventually reach the Gulthias Tree and the end of the valley and kill it once and for all which ends in it splitting and a blue beam shooting up with leaves falling. If fighting with companion at this point they walk up and cut a branch off from the tree which at town again they’re able to carve it into a sword. Upon their return to town they’re thanked and though they don’t have a lot of the town is able to give the Pc’s provisions and to carve the sword free of charge. After which the characters

The Sword of Gulthias - Finesse +1/+1 Short/Longsword/Greatsword/Etc. When a Nat 19/20 the opposing must make a Wis saving throw or be turned into a blight like form instantly defeating them
Level Up

I might be stupid if it makes sense though anyone have any ideas of where it could go next? Thanks.

SirGraystone
2019-09-20, 12:05 PM
First I would add another villain, a druid or warlock corrupted by the tree (or corrupting the tree) and using the tree powers for his own gain. Then I would make the orcs the first victims of the villain, who using the tree corruption would mess with the orcs food supplies forcing them to attack the village's farm.

Next I would have the tree corrupted attacks on the farm either with insects or diseases, killing the crops. Blight would be created from corpses of peoples killed by the tree or others blights.

The sword of gulthias is too powerful, it's fine for killing orcs once in while, but when a lucky rolls on a dragon turn it into a blight that will be a problem.

Waterbottle
2019-09-23, 08:53 AM
First I would add another villain, a druid or warlock corrupted by the tree (or corrupting the tree) and using the tree powers for his own gain. Then I would make the orcs the first victims of the villain, who using the tree corruption would mess with the orcs food supplies forcing them to attack the village's farm.

Next I would have the tree corrupted attacks on the farm either with insects or diseases, killing the crops. Blight would be created from corpses of peoples killed by the tree or others blights.

The sword of gulthias is too powerful, it's fine for killing orcs once in while, but when a lucky rolls on a dragon turn it into a blight that will be a problem.

Thanks, I like the idea of adding another villain as someone corrupted by the tree and I'll scale down the sword.