PDA

View Full Version : The Fortress of Bloodbirds

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-15, 01:33 AM
Death. Carnage. Massacre. Despair. Hatred. Anger. Fear. Each of these is what may be conjured up by the title, The Fortress of Bloodbirds.

What you probably wouldn't expect is a cheery little door attacked to the side of a mountain, cast from pristine, pure silver, somehow made to shine in such a way that the stars in the sky get jealous of it's clarity and beauty. Engraved into the door, in a deep, gothic script, is the title of what it leads too. The Fortress of Bloodbirds. Under that, there is an marking, of an eagle weeping blood tears.

Should a man not be deterred by the morbid title and macarbe marking, or have enough of an inquisitive nature, he might try turning the jeweled handle and walking inside. What they will be greeted with is fantastic. Utterly, utterly awe inspiring, the inside of the building is undeniably exquisite.

The inside of the building is massive. So massive, in fact, that you could imagine getting lost within. Forever.

Even more, there are oddly marked doors. Like, for example, 'beach'. And if you press your ear to it, you'll hear nature's heartbeat, the constant symphony of the waves.

In the very center of what probably looks like a massive spindle from above (not that there is an above) there is a statue of an eagle, with rubies for eyes. Rubies that constantly drip blood.

This is Kara's home. She lives within. Welcome to her domain.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-10-16, 01:25 PM
Outside of the fortress, rain sets what would be an appropriate mood. Two travellers, one pulling a cart, trudge through the mud up the hill.
"Look, door," Syknkkyys points a rubbery, bony finger ahead. Raindrops soak through even his oily mane and roll down his shaggy jade hair, as he turns his visage to look at the far shorter man beside him with different coloured eyes.
The elaborately garbed figure below looked back at the troll. "Towns make a habit of having more than one of those," he replies. "I very much doubt this is it."
"Rain, boss. You want catch cold?" Synkkyys asked.
"Cold, Synkkyys, is a disease of the living."
"You want Synkkyys will catch colds?" the troll asked with puppy-dog eyes, adding with a self-depricating grin, "Even trolls not dumb enough to stay in rains."
"Indeed. You can go in, if you wish. I'll continue on my way. When I've arrived in the town, I'll recall you?" Einn asked the troll.
"Ask first. Maybe Synkkyys haves himself some tea."
"Quite. I'll send word, then," the undead mage shrugged, withdrawing a lime seemingly from thin air, into which its peel disappeared when it was pulled off, and bit right into the chartreuse meat.

The rubbery hand of a troll knocked one the door after trudging, sledge still held in one hand, for a while longer.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-16, 05:22 PM
The door turns of its own accord, giving a very appropriate creak, one that speaks of screams of pain and cracking bones, one that speaks of torture eternal.

When the people meet the person who owns the fortress, however, they'll likely be surprised.

She's currently hugging a kitten.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-10-16, 07:29 PM
"There was rains. Syknkkyys doesn't wanted to catch cold," the Troll explained, though much of the rain had passed while he evidently waited outside. "Synkkyys can comes in?" He is a brighter green than the common troll, but with the same lanky, emaciated, rubbery appearance. His nose and chin seem smaller, his forehead larger, and his hair grown longer, but it's easy to ascertain that he, indeed, a troll. His eyes, each a different colour, are his most unusual feature, but such displasia often comes from a blow to the side of the head early in life, and among trolls, such injuries would be common. Few people spend enough time looking at troll eyes to notice, of course, and trolls hardly volunteer themselves for study.
The only sign anything has changed since when the troll waited earlier are the tracks of a wagon that is now not present behind where he stands.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-17, 12:06 AM
Kara is to busy with her kitten to notice, so assume it is a yes.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-18, 11:00 AM
Kara gives her kitten a last pet before deciding to go get a drink. So, turning the kitty so he can't see her, she teleports off to the Tavern.

A while later, Kara teleports into her home, smiling at Belith who most likely teleported along with her.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-18, 12:48 PM
Belith, who had had very little interaction with anything like that besides the little illusions Mithart performed, was in complete awe.
"Oh, wow..." She let go of Kara's hand to glance around.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-18, 12:50 PM
The kitten, a small tabby, rubs up against Belith's legs, purring. Kara smiles at her friend cheerfully. I made this myself. I got the idea from the store my uncle made...

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-18, 12:52 PM
Belith bent down to pet the tabby for a few brief moments before she continued to look around.
"Its very pretty. I can't believe you made this all by yourself!"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-18, 12:54 PM
Kara shuffles her feet modestly.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-18, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, Belith deadtimed there.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-10-18, 05:06 PM
Synkkyys is never one to take a silence for an assumed yes, given that an attitude of "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" gets trolls set aflame, rather than scolded in most societies. Thus, he has remained outside, waiting patiently to be invited in this whole time. Whether he teleported off and returned to this spot, as he did earlier, is uncertain, but he seems to simply still be waiting outside.
"Come backs," Synkkyys says, pointing to Kara. "Hello. Synkkyys is Synkkyys."

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-19, 06:13 PM
"Really, this is amazing. How big is it, exactly? And do you live here all by yourself?" Belith continued to pet the tabby, actually scooping it up in her hands so that she could gaze upon Kara's home in amazement and still please the little animal.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-19, 06:30 PM
Well...I made it to be huge...maybe the size of the entire Town? Kara shrugs a little. She DID go a little overboard with it.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-20, 05:54 PM
Noticing that Kara hadn't answered the other question and lacking the tact a normal girl her age would have, Belith repeated it.
"But...you live all alone?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-20, 05:57 PM
Kara nods a little. Yeah, I do.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-20, 06:01 PM
Bringing the kitten up to face level, Belith buried her face in its fur to hide her frown, trying to ignore the urge to sneeze.
"That would be awfully lonely, if it were me. I'm not used to being by myself."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-20, 06:03 PM
I'm a stranger around here. The only person I know is my mother, and she's...different. I'm always lonely. Kara shrugs a little, looking rather upset, but still managing to give of her aura of cheerfulness.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-20, 06:20 PM
"Oh." It finally occured to Belith that she may have touched on something sensitive and she let the cat jump out of her arms, holding out her hand to Kara again.
"I'm a stranger here, too. Only Mithart knows me, and he came with me."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-20, 06:24 PM
Kara takes Belith's hand, drawing comfort from it. She smiles a little, glad to have a friend. The tabby can tell she's not feeling too good, and rubs up against her ankles.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-20, 06:26 PM
Smiling a little, Belith squeezed Kara's hand gently.
"Want to show me around a bit?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-20, 06:28 PM
Alright. Kara smiles and begins leading Belith around, first to the room marked 'Beach' which, oddly enough, contains a beach.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-20, 06:31 PM
"Oh, wow! I've never been to the beach before!" Belith was most obviously overly-excited as she bounced on the tips of her toes, not letting go of Kara's hand even as she glanced around at her surroundings with wide eyes.
"I didn't even think this was possible."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-20, 06:35 PM
Kara smiles and leads her into the room. Generally...it's not. I'm just good at what I do.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-20, 06:39 PM
Her feet sinking into the (supposedly) warm skin, Belith beamed happily. It wasn't often she was able to go anywhere, what with a protective father and a bound Satyr as her gaurdian. Thinking of Mithart, she frowned, hoping he hadn't gotten himself into too much trouble.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-20, 06:42 PM
Kara flops herself onto the sand, enjoying the warmth. The kitten, which followed them, curls up on her stomach, purring.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-21, 07:19 PM
Belith sat down next to Kara, idly tracing odd shapes in the sand with her finger.
"Kara, right? You like swimming, don't you?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-21, 07:21 PM
Kara nods enthusiastically, fluffing her wings a little. The kitten meeps at Belith.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-21, 07:28 PM
Running a finger over the kitten's head, Belith smiled again, tilting her head to the side.
"We should go, then." She gestures with her hand that isn't occupied by the cat to the waters edge.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-21, 07:32 PM
Kara gently lifts the kitten off her stomach and leaps up, dashing into the water.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-21, 07:34 PM
Blinking, Belith laughed. She hadn't meant right now, but that worked well enough for her. Grasping her long skirts in her hand, the girl ran after Kara, giggling the whole time as the cold water raced out to meet her and rejoiced around her feet.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-21, 07:40 PM
Kara grins, and splashes quite a large amount of water at Belith with her wings.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-21, 07:43 PM
Lifting up her hand to 'block' the spray of water, her skirts floating off the top of the waves as she waded in deeper.
Belith returned the spash with her hands, which was a bit insignificant compared to Kara's wings.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-21, 07:45 PM
Kara is hit right in the face and giggles, then performs a rather cheerful glomp towards Belith.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-21, 07:50 PM
Kara effectively knocked Belith down into the water. Unfortunately, the girl really didn't know how to swim, and sort of just flailed under the surface.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-21, 07:55 PM
Thats why Kara (hopefully) manages to snag her and kinda fly out of the water with Belith in her arms.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 01:19 PM
If Kara was able to pulling a sopping wet girl who was flailing about out of the water, then there was nothing stopping her.
The girl in question, however, would cling rather vehemently to Kara, sputtering and laughing at what could have been her misfortune.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 01:22 PM
Well, Kara IS of Valkyrie heritage. She could throw a grown man across the room when she was physically seven. So, she manages to pick up Belith and fly her to the shore, where that kitten gives her a nuzzle. You okay?

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 01:24 PM
We thought she could.
Coughing up water, still laughing, Belith nodded.
"Yeah, I think so." Her elegant dress is completely ruined, but she seems to pay no attention to that and gave the kitten an affectionate scratch behind its ears.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 01:27 PM
Kara gives her a relieved hug and smiles. Good. I was worried.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 01:28 PM
A slight blush crossed Belith's face as Kara hugged her. The younger girl still needed to learn to give and recieve physical contact with more ease.
"You..you were?" She patted Kara's back awkwardly in return.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 01:37 PM
Yeah. I don't want my friends getting hurt. Kara doesn't seem to notice the awkwardness.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 01:39 PM
Assuming Kara was still hugging her, Belith went limp in her arms, smiling.
"Well, thank you."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 01:41 PM
And, indeed, Kara is still hugging her. In fact, she even curls her wings around her, so she'll be warm, and as Kara says, This will dry you off quickly enough...

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 01:47 PM
For whatever reason, this was the first time Belith really looked at Kara's wings.
"They're so pretty.."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 01:49 PM
Kara blushes slightly and says happily, Thank you.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 01:58 PM
Cautiously, Belith put out a hand to touch Kara's wings, assuming Kara would let her.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 02:01 PM
Kara does let her, and smiles. Her wings are a wee bit damp from the water, but they're warm and fluffy.

Just like the kitten nuzzling Belith's leg.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 02:04 PM
Pulling the kitten into her lap with one hand, Belith ran her fingers up the fluffy wings, smiling softly.
"You know, I'd never seen anything like this before my daddy found Mithart."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 02:06 PM
Well...I don't have a father; I have two mothers who conceived me by magic. Oddness is just the same old stuff for me. Kara fluffs her wings a little, so they'll be fluffier.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 02:11 PM
Belith blinked, mostly confused by what Kara had said.
"You have two mothers? I didn't think that was possible." With a giggle, Belith continued to pet Kara's wings, a bit too innocent to pick up on the suggested meaning behind it.
"Well, then again, I didn't expect this place to be possible."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 02:13 PM
Kara shrugs a little. As she said, oddness is normal to her. She does realize the connotations of the wing stroking but doesn't actually say anything; she realizes that Belith is naive, and besides, it feels good.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 02:17 PM
Belith continued petting Kara a bit untill she could no longer hold back on a yawn, which was loud and stretched her mouth open.
"Oh, excuse me." Belith blushed a bit at her 'rudeness'.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 02:19 PM
Not a problem. I think we should maybe move off the beach... Kara takes Belith's hand, provided she lets her, and tries to lead her off the beach, into a rather homely and comfortable living room. As always, the kitten follows along.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 02:26 PM
Of course Belith lets her new friend take her hand and even follows willingly, watching where she stepped so she would not bring a foot down on the little kitten who tagged along.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-22, 02:28 PM
Once in the room, Kara flops down onto what appears to be the bastard child of a sofa and a beanbag. The kitten jumps up next to her, and there is plenty of room for Belith.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-22, 02:31 PM
Carefully, Belith curls up next to Kara, asleep within minutes.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 07:34 AM
Kara smiles at the sleeping Belith and the kitten, and yawns loudly.

AmberVael
2007-10-25, 07:48 AM
A little scrying sensor appears, and an illusion of Aesa projects from it.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 07:50 AM
Kara raises and eyebrow at Aesa, yawning still more. 'lo, mum. What brings you?

AmberVael
2007-10-25, 07:53 AM
Hey Kara.
Um... I found Sunn, but she's in a bad way.
Aesa neglects to mention that it is partially her own fault.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 07:56 AM
Kara is up and standing, most likely before you could see her move. Leave. Now.

In her anxiety about Sunn, Kara's reduced to rudeness as she requests that Aesa stop watching so her powers can work...

AmberVael
2007-10-25, 07:58 AM
Aesa winces and vanishes along with her scrying portal.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 08:00 AM
Kara creates a blanket with her powers and covers Belith with it before 'porting out.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-25, 09:29 AM
Wrinkling her nose, Belith finally awoke, stretching out and yawning before realising she wasn't at home. A sudden panic struck momentarily before she recalled previous events and snuggled back in under the blanket.
Where had Kara gone?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 09:31 AM
Kara pops back in, yawning tiredly. Jus' had to help my mothers. She smiles at Belith and steals a bit of the blanket, snuggling into it (and, incidentally, Belith, too).

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-25, 09:38 AM
Belith offered a sleepy smile in way of greeting for Kara before snuggling in return against the other girl.
"I almos' got worried..." Her voice was riddled with a tired nature and her green eyes closed afterwards, enjoying the shared warmth between the two of them.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 09:39 AM
Kara, being tired and a leeeetle nonsensical at the moment, snuggles Belith back and tries to give her a kiss.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-25, 09:44 AM
Belith had drifted off, and really hadn't noticed the kiss, assuming it wasn't pressed too forcefully on her.
So, really, the only reaction Kara might get would be a twitch of the nose and Belith shifting her sleepng form slightly.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 09:47 AM
It was fairly forceful. While more timid than Aesa, Kara does still take after her a bit.

Also, being part valkyrie, she sometimes doesn't notice just how forceful she's being.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-25, 09:55 AM
When moving didn't seem to fix whatever it was that was threatening to wake Belith up, the girl slowly peeled her eyes open, jumping to see Kara so close.
"Eh, um, Kara?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-25, 05:12 PM
Kara yawns widely; she's rather tired. Mmhmm?

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-25, 06:37 PM
A slight tinge crossed Belith's cheeks, and she stumbled on her words.
"Um, what was it you just, er, what you just did?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 05:29 AM
Kissed yo-oh crap. Yeah, she just realized exactly what she did.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-26, 11:59 AM
Belith was much too flustered to respond accurately, and hid her blush behind her hands. She didn't quite understand what was going on and it bothered her.
Why would Kara have kissed her?

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 08:27 PM
Signy and Raziel, after quite some time of hiking and searching around and generally getting lost in the mountains, reach the entrance.
Raziel looks like he could win a most irritated contest, but not the beauty contest. He's got sap and small cuts and forest related stains over him now.
Signy, in contrast, looks perfectly fine. Hmm. He must have led the way and taken all the falls.
Signy very gently and hesitantly knocks on the door, unsure of what to do.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 08:30 PM
Kara uses the knocking as a convenient way out of the awkwardness, and runs off and answers the door.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 08:32 PM
Signy fluffs her wings and smiles shyly at Kara.
Hi.

Raziel manages a weak grin while he busily tries to arrange his hair nicely.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 08:33 PM
Kara gives Signy a hug, smiling cheerfully. She's also a bit flushed, due to the Belith incident, but ignores that for now.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 08:38 PM
Signy hugs Kara back, fluffing her wings a little.
She looks about 20 or so now?

Raziel stands in the doorway, still trying to get his hair back to normal.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 08:42 PM
Kara smiles and gives Signy a kiss on the cheek. Hey, Sis.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 08:49 PM
Signy nuzzles Kara a little.
I was worried.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 08:53 PM
Kara wraps her wings around Signy for a moment, and then begins to gently lead her inside.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 08:55 PM
Signy and Raziel follow her in docilely. Signy looks around curiously with those wide blue eyes of hers.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 09:00 PM
The place is massive, but Kara doesn't seem to notice much. She's just happy her sister is here.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 09:02 PM
Is there somewhere I can refresh myself? I'm afraid the walk here has left me in less than decent shape.
Raziel seems pretty polite.

Signy is just smiling happily at Kara.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 09:08 PM
Kara smiles at Raziel politely and says, cheerfully, Pick a room. It'll have the services you want. Then she huggles Signy again.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 09:10 PM
Thank you.
He gives her a pleasant and sweet smile before heading to one room and going inside, looking for a bathing facility...

Signy is still curiously and passively looking around.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 09:12 PM
The room Raziel has walked into is a massive bathroom. Kara did some mojo on it to make it so.

Kara smiles at Signy and happily asks, What do you think?

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 09:19 PM
Raziel begins using the facility and starts getting himself presentable.

Signy beams.
It's great!

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 09:26 PM
At this time, the people inside of the building might hear a very large boom outside. Almost as if something crashed into the mountains.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 09:32 PM
Kara ***** her ears and wonders what it is, but isn't overly worried. Her house is pretty indestructible.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 09:34 PM
Signy twitches her wings and looks over towards the area the sound came from.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 09:39 PM
Kara gives Signy a reassuring hug. Don't worry, my house is safe.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 09:42 PM
Signy nods and holds close to Kara, wondering what was going on.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 09:44 PM
((The crash was just an entrance of a new character.))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 09:54 PM
Kara huggles Signy again, trying to reassure her.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 10:05 PM
Signy calms down and resumes looking around.
When did you make this?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 10:08 PM
Fairly recently. I was living with mum, but I wanted my own home. Kara manages to stumble with Signy into the room that contains Belith...

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 10:11 PM
Signy looks around and then stops as she sees Belith, folding her wings a wee bit closer around herself.
She glances at Kara questioningly.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 10:14 PM
She's just a friend, Signy. You don't have to hide. Kara takes a seat on the beanbag couch and smiles at her.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 10:17 PM
Signy fluffs her wings and curls up on the couch next to Kara, half hiding.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 10:24 PM
Kara smiles and puts a reassuring hand on Signy's wing.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 10:31 PM
Signy's wing twitches a bit and she peers at the two from a small crack between her wings.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 10:33 PM
Kara gives Signy a huggle. Don't worry. No-one can really hurt you here.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 10:35 PM
Signy nods, but isn't really reassured. People never hurt her, they're just SCARY.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 11:14 PM
Kara smiles at Signy and keeps hugging her.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 11:26 PM
Signy slowly settles and relaxes.

Raziel comes out, looking in much better condition now.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-26, 11:36 PM
Kara smiles at Signy and then at Raziel.

AmberVael
2007-10-26, 11:44 PM
Signy and Raziel smile back.
The former ruffles her wings and snuggles a bit closer.
The latter looks for a place to take a seat.
Quite a nice place. Did you design it yourself?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 12:11 AM
Designed and made. All of it. Kara shrugs, seeing no point in being modest when you're telling the truth.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 12:17 AM
Raziel raises an eyebrow and smiles.
That's quite impressive.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 12:25 AM
Kara shrugs a little. It's my talent. Signy has hers.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 12:26 AM
Oh, I've seen Signy's talents before. She makes some very beautiful things.
Signy hides her face a little, but smiles widely.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 12:52 AM
Kara smiles and huggles Signy again.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 12:58 AM
Signy hums softly, while Raziel relaxes and watches them, smiling to himself.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 01:11 AM
So, how have you been, Signy?

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 01:20 AM
Good!
Signy hugs Kara and fluffs her wings.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 01:26 AM
Kara giggles and nuzzles Signy, smiling. I'm glad to have a familiar face.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 09:11 AM
Signy just beams and hums, not saying much, which is entirely normal.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 09:23 AM
Kara knows this, so opts for a form of communication Signy speaks far, far better than words: a snuggle.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 09:33 AM
Signy snuggles Kara back happily, folding her wings around herself. Her eyes and smile say that she's very pleased to see her sister again.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 09:37 AM
Kara's entire body language says that she's glad to see her sister again; she loves Signy. She's also smiling at Raziel.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 09:48 AM
Signy relaxes there, not moving or saying anything.

Raziel grins a little at Kara.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 09:51 AM
Kara smiles back. Might I ask your talents?

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 09:56 AM
Hmmm... well, Signy's grandfather has gifted me with numerous abilities to make conversation go more smoothly. I'm also a fairly skilled entertainer...
Of course, he fails to mention that one of his best skills is espionage.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-27, 09:57 AM
Having fallen asleep after the incident, Belith awoke to find two strange people in the room.
"Oh, ah...um..." A blush covered her face as she realised they must have seen her sleeping.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 10:01 AM
Kara moves from snuggling Signy to snuggling Belith. Don't worry, Belith...I'd like you to meet my sister Signy and...um... Yeah, she doesn't know his name.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 10:04 AM
Raziel.
The incubus smiles at them both, while idly wondering how tasty Belith's life energy would be. And Kara's- but that wasn't going to happen.
Signy fluffs her wings and tenses oh so slightly now that she sees Belith awake.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-27, 10:11 AM
Kara's snuggling made the embarrassment fade away slightly, but Belith still looked a little nervously between Signy and Raziel.
"Um, hi..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 10:15 AM
Kara keeps snuggling and smiling. And whispers, reassuringly, into Belith's ear, Don't worry. You're safe.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 10:17 AM
It's a pleasure to meet you.
Raziel's smile and posture are extremely comforting and relaxing.

Signy, on the other hand, has mostly covered herself in her wings and is peeping out from behind them at Belith, quite nervous.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-27, 10:26 AM
"Pleasure to meet you, too." With Kara still snuggling on her, Belith slowly got herself to a sitting position, straightening out her skirt so that she looked somewhat decent.
She was mostly still a little awkward and shy, but Kara was reassuring.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 10:29 AM
Kara smiles at Raziel and keep snuggling Belith. Would anyone like anything to eat?

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 10:32 AM
That would be nice, thank you.

Signy bites her lip and shakes her head. Of course, her hesitation is due to the fact that the only real food sources for her were sitting in the room talking to her...

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-27, 10:36 AM
Belith slowly shook her head, leaning into Kara comfortably. Carefully, she tries a smile at Signy.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 10:38 AM
Kara sticks her hand into the little bag she always carries and withdraws from it a plat of Raziel's favourite food. She gives Signy a wink and withdraws a leather flagon, too, handing it to her. Signy should find it most appetizing.

Other than that, she simply covers Belith with her wings. Like a blankie.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 10:41 AM
Signy smiles very shyly from behind her wings and huddles further into the bean bag couch. She takes the flask from Kara and sniffs it before realizing what it is.

Raziel is takes his plate of generic awesome food (which Vael doesn't feel like coming up with) and smiles a thank you.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-27, 10:45 AM
Any awkwardness was washed away by the comfort of Kara's wings. Of course, Belith was still a little shy, but this is something that had to dissipate on its own.
She snuggled into Kara.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 10:50 AM
Kara smiles down at Belith, then at Signy, then at Raziel. The smile she gives Raziel has a slight warning quality.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 10:52 AM
Raziel's smile falters almost imperceptibly, and he gives a very soft sigh as he eats.

Signy discretely drinks from the flask and wipes her lips before stoppering it again.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-27, 10:57 AM
Belith notices nothing of what the other two are doing, so absorbed in the joyousness of snuggling she is.
"So, she's your sister?" Belith nodded in the direction of Signy.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-27, 10:59 AM
Half-sister, but she's closer to me than any full sister could be. Kara smiles at Signy and fluffs her wings slightly.

AmberVael
2007-10-27, 11:27 AM
Signy smiles and fluffs her wings in return.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-28, 11:09 AM
"Oh. I thought you looked a bit different..." Belith frowned in thought before adding.
"Not that appearance defines sisterhood. I wouldn't know; I'm an only child..." Her frown deepened. Always, always alone...she had always been the only child in the cold halls of her fathers estate.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-29, 01:15 PM
Kara huggles Belith a little more. She'd never really been alone. Her mothers had always been there, she'd always had Signy, and her other siblings...

AmberVael
2007-10-29, 01:19 PM
Signy merely ruffles her wings, remaining quiet.

Raziel smiles.
Being an only child isn't so bad. You get all the attention, after all, and you can still find plenty of people to socialize with.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-29, 01:27 PM
Belith just nodded, not bothering to mention the paranoia of her father and how she hadn't been able to interact with anyone at all, really.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-29, 01:31 PM
Well...I'm your friend...that's close enough, right? Kara smiles down at Belith cheerfully and snuggles her a little more.

AmberVael
2007-10-29, 01:33 PM
Raziel hums softly, setting his plate to one side.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-29, 01:39 PM
Belith's face lit up with a smile, nodding as she snuggled in against Kara.
"Yes, that's more than close enough." The girl seemed genuinely happy and glanced with curiosity at Raziel as he hummed.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-29, 01:41 PM
Kara beams and snuggles Belith back, once again hitting Raziel with a warning glare.

AmberVael
2007-10-29, 01:46 PM
Raziel just smiles and relaxes, leaning back and watching them.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-29, 01:52 PM
"Thank you, Kara." Belith continued to cuddle onto her friend, completely oblivious to whatever it was was going on between Kara and Raziel.
She just thought he had a pretty humming voice.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-29, 01:59 PM
Kara beams and snuggles Belith back, humming a little as well. She's inherited Aesa's voice.

AmberVael
2007-10-29, 02:03 PM
Raziel listens quietly.
You have a very beautiful voice.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-29, 02:18 PM
Belith nodded enthusiastically, much more taken with Kara's voice than Raziel's.
"You do, you do."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-29, 02:20 PM
Kara smiles widely, showing off her teeth to all in the room. Thank you. Then she looks at Signy. If I remember, you've got a nice voice, too. Then she resumes her snuggling.

AmberVael
2007-10-29, 02:24 PM
Signy curls up a little more, blushing.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-29, 02:26 PM
Belith gave Signy a small smile, wanting to ask to hear her singing voice but much too timid to actually do so.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-29, 02:28 PM
Kara giggles a little, at both of them. Come on, Signy!

AmberVael
2007-10-29, 02:29 PM
Signy blushes still further and hides her face behind her wings.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-29, 04:08 PM
"Please?" Belith's voice was pleading, but still a little timid. She wouldn't force the poor girl to do anything she was uncomfortable with.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-31, 05:43 PM
Kara pouts a little at Signy and mouths the word 'Please?' to her.

AmberVael
2007-10-31, 05:44 PM
Well....
Signy barely peeks out from behind her wings.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-10-31, 06:07 PM
Belith smiled widely, leaning forward with anticipation to hear what it was Signy could do so well.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-10-31, 06:13 PM
Kara keeps cuddling Belith, smiling encouragingly at Signy.

AmberVael
2007-10-31, 06:16 PM
Signy hesitates some more and looks down as she fluffs her wings and draws them to the side.
If you really want me too...

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-11-01, 05:45 PM
Belith gave a little nod from her perch in Kara's snuggle.
"I would love to hear you, Signy, please."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-11-01, 10:41 PM
Kara nods in sincere agreement.

AmberVael
2007-11-01, 10:56 PM
Signy bites her lips and fluffs her wings, obviously still nervous about the entire issue.
Slowly and softly, however, she begins to sing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAIMbYSwSWg)

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-11-01, 11:14 PM
Belith blinked, completely in awe. She said nothing, but her jaw dropped, and she watched Signy with an almost jealous interest. She hadn't ever heard anyone sing quite like that...

AmberVael
2007-11-01, 11:17 PM
Raziel quietly takes his leave after a few moments more.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-11-02, 12:27 AM
Kara beams at Signy and gives a bit of applause.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-11-02, 12:33 AM
Belith follows Kara's example, clapping.
"That was amazing!"

AmberVael
2007-11-02, 12:38 AM
Signy blushes and folds her wings in front of herself to conceal most of her face.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-11-02, 12:40 AM
Kara pouts a little at that. It was! It was amazing, Signy.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-11-16, 12:24 AM
After quite a long period of deadtime, Kara shakes the deadtime particles out of her wings and pouts a little.

After checking that Belith is asleep and in good health, she warps off to Trog's.