PDA

View Full Version : PATHFINDER How to make the death of this daemon truly epic

Calthropstu
2019-09-22, 09:13 AM
an Obcisidaemon is leading an army trying to take an elven citadel. After several failed attempts, and numerous encounters with the pcs going back and forth with both parties driving the other off more than once, I want this guy to make a truly dramatic exit.

What would you guys suggest?
The PCs are: Lvl 15 sorcerer, lvl 15 paladin, lvl 15 barbarian.
Tbey are supported by a lvl 15 wilder and a lvl 12 cleric.
There is also a huge number of support daemons

This thing is a beast. Killing it will not be easy (or wouldn't be but the paladin never rolls less than a 15 on the dice)
The wilder I built is truly a force of nature and I feel she has served her roll. After wiping out 10 of his lieutenants in a single attack, She declared herself public enemy number one to this guy. My thought is simple: Another daemon teleports him to her on round 1 where I have him full atack her, killing her.

But that will isolate him and give the pc's a chance to lock him down.
After that, not sure how I should take this fight. They just drove it off and it retreated to a portal deep in the woods. I had the elves trace teleport (I ruled that the spell is NOT the useless pile of crap that it is RAW) and they are readying an object capable of permanently closing the portal.

It has 2 days to prepare as do the pcs. Its forces were devastated in the last battle with 90% casualties to its officers. Only a single erodaemon and dhergodaemon escaped. It lost 2 phasmadaemons, a critical blow to its ability to wage warfare.
So it needs to return home and get new subordinates. Two days is enough for it to grab some extra firepower' but what should I give it?

Keep in mind, I have statted an army of 500 elven adventurers ranging between lvl 5 and 12 all led by a 17th lvl elven conjurer.

Mike Miller
2019-09-22, 09:18 AM
Is this PF? I am not familiar with those monster names.

Calthropstu
2019-09-22, 09:21 AM
Is this PF? I am not familiar with those monster names.

Yes, this is pf.