PDA

View Full Version : Transmuting your clone

Raishoiken
2019-09-23, 12:14 PM
If you polymorph any object your clone created by the dpell of the same name, is there anything that would suggest the transformation would cancel out the clone spell's return to life effect? If not would this not allow you to essentially take any body you wanted?

Adiart
2019-09-23, 12:47 PM
By "POA", do you mean Polymorph Any Object?

Raishoiken
2019-09-23, 12:55 PM
By "POA", do you mean Polymorph Any Object?

Yeah, i should prolly clarify huh?

Adiart
2019-09-23, 01:22 PM
Then I don't see why you would need to go through all that trouble. You can cast Polymorph Any Object on yourself without a Clone setup. But it will not be a permanent change unless you change into a form close to your original form anyway. Also, even if the form is close enough to allow the spell to be permanent, it is still an effect that can be dispelled.

Silvercrys
2019-09-23, 02:02 PM
The usual method of gaining any body you want is to play a Psion or Erudite. If you can find Astral Seed (through Expanded Knowledge or being an Erudite), you can make or find whatever body you want, have an NPC wizard turn the object into a creature with Polymorph Any Object, put the seed next to it, kill your character, manifest Mind Switch from inside the Astral Seed, then smash the Seed and dispel the Polymorph Any Object on your new body and use Psychic Chirurgery to get rid of your negative level.

The original trick was for turning into a sandwich. What happens to you isn't explicitly described by RAW, but assuming you keep your mind as a sandwich, psionic powers have no somatic or verbal components so you can use Psionic Overland Flight to get a fly speed and use Mind Link to talk to people.

Credit to T_G on the old WotC forums, build archived here (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1187.0) as the Psionic Sandwich.

Re: your trick, I believe the object is still your clone, so you'd be put into it and have whatever stats the PAO gave the clone, but yeah it's dispellable and probably has a duration.

Raishoiken
2019-09-24, 10:05 AM
The usual method of gaining any body you want is to play a Psion or Erudite. If you can find Astral Seed (through Expanded Knowledge or being an Erudite), you can make or find whatever body you want, have an NPC wizard turn the object into a creature with Polymorph Any Object, put the seed next to it, kill your character, manifest Mind Switch from inside the Astral Seed, then smash the Seed and dispel the Polymorph Any Object on your new body and use Psychic Chirurgery to get rid of your negative level.

The original trick was for turning into a sandwich. What happens to you isn't explicitly described by RAW, but assuming you keep your mind as a sandwich, psionic powers have no somatic or verbal components so you can use Psionic Overland Flight to get a fly speed and use Mind Link to talk to people.

Credit to T_G on the old WotC forums, build archived here (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1187.0) as the Psionic Sandwich.

Re: your trick, I believe the object is still your clone, so you'd be put into it and have whatever stats the PAO gave the clone, but yeah it's dispellable and probably has a duration.

I like what they did there a lot, but it doesn't quite fit my purposes. The method I'm using grants me much greater versatility at the expense of a permanent duration rather than instantaneous