PDA

View Full Version : [Base Class] windreaver

boomwolf
2007-10-15, 10:32 AM
The windreaver, a person who uses his control over the forces of wind to avoid danger and harm, ignores equipment in favor of personal skill many times.
The windreaver uses a special method of casting spells that differs him from common spellcasters and allows him much greater flexibility then your average sorcerer, yet much weaker spellcasting power.
as the bard and the ranger, he is a sort of a "hybrid" characther, yet has his own uniqueness.

Hit Die: d6

Skills:
5+int mod for level (the usual x4 at level 1 thing. and i know its diffrant the normal. but it needs more then 4 but its not quite 6.)
Class Skills:
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Spellcraft (Int), Tumble (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Survival (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis) and Heal (Wis).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Energy

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Windrunner 5 ft|

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Swift Maneuvers +1|

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Deflect Arrows, Evesion|

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Windrunner 10 ft|

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Draconic Heritage|

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Swift Maneuvers +2|

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Snatch Arrows|

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Windrunner 15 ft|

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Swift Maneuvers +3|

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|Windwalk|

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7|Improved Evasion|

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Windrunner 20 ft|

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Swift Maneuvers +4|

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9|Improved Windwalk|

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9|Screaming Strike|

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Windrunner 25 ft|

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Swift Maneuvers +5|

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Greater Windwalk|

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Swift Maneuvers +6|

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Windrunner 30 ft|
80[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A windreaver is proficient with all simple weapons and all thrown weapons (including exotics) and is not proficient with any armor and shields

Spellcasting:
The windreaver casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the windreaver spell list. He can cast any spell from the list without preparing it ahead of time.
To cast a spell, a windreaver must have a Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + double the spell level and his level must be at least triple of that spell level.
The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a windreaver's spell is 10 + the spell level + the windreaver’s Intelligence modifier.
A windreaver can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day, the number of allowed spells per day is equal to his energy (listed in the table) where each spell takes energy equal to its spell level, a single spell may not be casted over 3 times in a day. (a level 0 spell takes 1 energy as though as it was a level 1 spell.)
Windreavers does not get bonus spells from having high ability score.

Spell List:

Level 0

Mage Hand
Ghost Sound
Prestidigitation
Know Direction
Detect Poison

Level 1

Longstrider
Sanctuary
Entropic Shield
Cure Light Wounds
Obscuring Mist
Feather Fall
Silent Image
Unseen Servant
Ventriloquism
Expeditious Retreat
Detect Snares and Pits
Jump
Pass without Trace

Level 2

Locate Object
Aid
Wind Wall
Blindness/Deafness
Blur
Detect Thoughts
Glitterdust
Shatter
Sound Burst
Silence
Whispering Wind
Fog Cloud
Gust of Wind

Level 3

Fly
Dispel Magic
Haste
Blink
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
Confusion
Crushing Despair
Deep Slumber
Gaseous Form
Sculpt Sound
Secret Page
See Invisibility
Slow
Scrying
Water Breathing

Level 4

Dimension Door
Freedom of Movement
Hallucinatory Terrain
Invisibility, Greater
Modify Memory
Neutralize Poison
Repel Vermin
Shout
Zone of Silence

Level 5

Teleport
Control Winds
Dream
Mind Fog
Mirage Arcana
Persistent Image
Mislead

Level 6

Permanent Image
Project Image
Shout, Greater
Sympathetic Vibration
Programmed Image

Windrunner (Su)
Starting at first level the windreaver gains the ability to run on air.
while running, the windreaver can move through air of a length of his windrunner ability as though it was plain ground, also he gain this as bonus movement speed when running normally.
This does not allow to fly in any way, only to ignore pits and such (even if opened without the windreaver notice as a trap), you cannot run upwards, only in the same direction.
the windrunner ability starts at 5 ft. at level 1 and is increased in another 5 ft. every forth level.
If the windreaver has a fly speed add the windrunner speed into his fly speed.

Swift Maneuvers (Ex)
At second level, the windreaver gains +1 Dodge bonus to AC. this bonus increases to +2 at level 6, +3 at level 9, +4 at level 13, +5 at level 17, and to +6 at level 19.

Deflect Arrows
At third level, the windreaver gains the Deflect Arrows feat as a bonus feat.

Evasion (Ex)
At third level or higher if a windreaver makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a windreaver is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless windreaver does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Draconic Heritage
At fifth level the windreaver gains the draconic heritage feat with a color gray that has knowledge [arcane] as bonus skill increase and sonic as his energy type. if the "draconic legacy" feat will be taken he will add the windreaver 5 energy per day instead of adding spells.
if the windreaver already has the draconic heritage feat from another source he gains 5 energy per day instead.
You may take draconic feats as though as you are a sorcerer at your level.

Snatch Arrows
At seventh level, the windreaver gains the Snatch arrows bonus feat, also, the windreaver may deflect and snatch arrows even when his hand are full.

Improved Evasion (Ex)
At 9th level, a windreaver’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless windreaver does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Windwalk (Su)
At tenth level, the windreaver may travel through up to 5 ft. of solid matter as though as it was not there, this counts as a full-round action.

Improved Windwalk (Su)
At level forteen, the windreaver may travel through up to 10 ft. of solid matter as though as it was not there, this counts as a full-round action.

Screaming Strike (Su)
From level fifteen and on, all attacks made by the windreaver gain the Screaming enchantment (including unarmed attacks), if the weapon has the screaming enchantment the weapon gains +1 enchantment bonus instead.

Greater Windwalk (Su)
At level eighteen, the windreaver may travel through up to 15 ft. of solid matter as though as it was not there, this counts as a full-round action.
he could also travel through up to 5 ft. of solid matter as though as it was not there as a move action.

Well. this is my new run at a class.
any inbalances i should notice?
anything is wrong?

spell list is up (spoiler right under spellcasting), but not yet full.

Vadin
2007-10-15, 01:22 PM
1) I'm glad to see this class has a normal BAB
2) The wording on some of the abilities makes little sense (namely Draconic Heritage)
3) If this is a casting class like the bard with 3/4 BAB, 2 good saves, and all of those abilities, I'd say its overpowered a little, if not more so.

boomwolf
2007-10-15, 02:02 PM
1-learned my lesson

2-Draconic Heritage is a feat from complete arcane. not my name.

3-actually. its the same saves and BAB as bard to the point. not a single difference there, and if you notice, most abilities here are the same thing that keeps growing, at the cost of bardic music/knowledge, Proficiency and such. so its hard to pinpoint unbalances for me.
if you can be a little more to-the-point it will be great. cuz "at general" is hard for me to think of my own creation.

Drglenn
2007-10-15, 02:11 PM
You need to add the hit dice size, skills (points per level and class skills) and spell list

Neftren
2007-10-15, 02:28 PM
Erm.... why do I get the feeling that somehow people are using some concept ideas from my sigged Bladewind classes.... >.< except with more wind based abilities? Ah well. For Windrunning, the "run on air" part of the description is a little ambiguous and can be broken. Does he/she run on air, as in fly by running very fast to lift off the ground, or does it just end up ignoring terrain penalties by moving faster and sort of jumping kung fu ish type moving over the ground?

boomwolf
2007-10-15, 05:00 PM
well. its not quite done, i am putting it to basic review before i put up the rest.

also, never seen the bladewind, and the "run on air" is like a jump. should have been more clear there.

Mr. Moogle
2007-10-15, 06:22 PM
What dose energy do? :smallconfused:

boomwolf
2007-10-16, 06:41 AM
What dose energy do? :smallconfused:

in reference to what?

vegetalss4
2007-10-16, 11:25 AM
in reference to what?

i would think in reference to the line on the table named Energy:smallwink:

boomwolf
2007-10-16, 12:29 PM
yea. forgot i named it that.

read spellcasting, it is used as a "mana" style spellcasting resource.

also, added his hit die and skills. a bit off, but not anything game-breaking. (not like one out of four wizard's stuff isn't broken.)

also added partial spell list. (i'll add a few more at the 4,5,6 levels)